Error compiling GingerBread sourcecode downloaded from CodeAurora

B.Arunkumar

Sep 16, 2011, 6:38:11 AM9/16/11
to Android Building
Hi,

I downloaded the GingerBread Source Code from CodeAurora according to
the instructions given in:

http://php.webtutor.pl/en/2011/09/05/kernel-org-hacked-how-to-get-android-repo/

I tried to compiled the sourcecode accoring to the instructions given
in:

https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/

However, I am getting the following error log and the compilation
terminates:

frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:835: error: 'struct
QOMX_VIDEO_PARAM_DIVXTYPE' has no member named 'pDrmHandle'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:836: error: 'struct
QOMX_VIDEO_PARAM_DIVXTYPE' has no member named 'pDrmHandle'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:837: error: 'struct
QOMX_VIDEO_PARAM_DIVXTYPE' has no member named 'pDrmHandle'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:866: error: 'struct
QOMX_VIDEO_PARAM_DIVXTYPE' has no member named 'pDrmHandle'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:867: error: 'struct
QOMX_VIDEO_PARAM_DIVXTYPE' has no member named 'pDrmHandle'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:868: error: 'struct
QOMX_VIDEO_PARAM_DIVXTYPE' has no member named 'pDrmHandle'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp: In member function
'android::status_t android::OMXCodec::setVideoOutputFormat(const
char*, OMX_U32, OMX_U32)':
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:1858: error:
'QOMX_VIDEO_CodingVp8' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/include/media/stagefright/OMXCodec.h: In constructor
'android::OMXCodec::OMXCodec(const android::sp<android::IOMX>&, void*,
uint32_t, bool, const char*, const char*, const
android::sp<android::MediaSource>&)':
frameworks/base/include/media/stagefright/OMXCodec.h:194: warning:
'android::OMXCodec::mPaused' will be initialized after
frameworks/base/include/media/stagefright/OMXCodec.h:183: warning:
'bool android::OMXCodec::mGPUComposition'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:1993: warning:
when initialized here
frameworks/base/include/media/stagefright/OMXCodec.h:187: warning:
'android::OMXCodec::mLeftOverBuffer' will be initialized after
frameworks/base/include/media/stagefright/OMXCodec.h:167: warning:
'android::sp<android::IMemoryHeap> android::OMXCodec::mPmemInfo'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:1993: warning:
when initialized here
frameworks/base/include/media/stagefright/OMXCodec.h:202: warning:
'android::OMXCodec::mSendEOS' will be initialized after
frameworks/base/include/media/stagefright/OMXCodec.h:185: warning:
'uint32_t android::OMXCodec::mForce3D'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:1993: warning:
when initialized here
frameworks/base/include/media/stagefright/OMXCodec.h:185: warning:
'android::OMXCodec::mForce3D' will be initialized after
frameworks/base/include/media/stagefright/OMXCodec.h:175: warning:
'android::status_t android::OMXCodec::mFinalStatus'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:1993: warning:
when initialized here
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp: In member function
'android::status_t android::OMXCodec::allocateBuffersOnPort(OMX_U32)':
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:2282: warning:
format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 6 has type 'ssize_t'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp: In member function
'void android::OMXCodec::onEvent(OMX_EVENTTYPE, OMX_U32, OMX_U32)':
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:2602: warning:
comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:2608: warning:
comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp: In member function
'void android::OMXCodec::onCmdComplete(OMX_COMMANDTYPE, OMX_U32)':
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:2746: warning:
format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'OMX_U32'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:2784: warning:
comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp: In member function
'bool android::OMXCodec::flushPortAsync(OMX_U32)':
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:3043: warning:
comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp: In member function
'android::status_t
android::OMXCodec::processExtraDataBlocksOfBuffer(android::MediaBuffer*,
OMX_U32)':
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:4985: warning:
comparison between 'enum OMX_EXTRADATATYPE' and 'enum
OMX_QCOM_EXTRADATATYPE'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:4990: warning:
comparison between 'enum OMX_EXTRADATATYPE' and 'enum
OMX_QCOM_EXTRADATATYPE'
frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:5022: warning:
format '%lx' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type
'int'
make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/
libstagefright_intermediates/OMXCodec.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Can somebody suggest anything on compiling the source code?

Thanks
Arunkumar

Conley Owens

Sep 16, 2011, 11:44:20 AM9/16/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
These aren't official sources so we can't really provide support for
them. Sorry.

~cco3

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 16, 2011, 11:48:10 AM9/16/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
This error may (or may not) be specific to CodeAurora's version.
Hopefully someone more familiar with that project will be able to
chime in, even though this group normally specializes in hte Android
Open-Source Project.

JBQ

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 3:38 AM, B.Arunkumar
<awsnetwor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Dominic Binks

Sep 16, 2011, 12:13:24 PM9/16/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
CodeAurora Android should compile and run generic without a problem. If
it isn't please let me know and I will try to get it fixed. We don't
check any of the other AOSP targets so I cannot confirm whether those
build though I would think it is likely that they do.

Any other target available in the CodeAurora tree requires additional
sources and so won't generally compile without that code or hacking the
build system to remove the dependencies (which will probably lead you
back to generic anyhow).

--
Dominic Binks: dbi...@codeaurora.org
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum

Dominic Binks

Sep 16, 2011, 3:26:13 PM9/16/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, I see now what the issue is here.

manifests for our customer to pull from.)

So... to solve your build issues do the following:

1. Go to this web page: https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/
2. Find a suitable versioned manifest to sync to (see below for details)
3. Follow the instructions for sync'ing to a versioned manifest (adding
caf/ before the manifest file name)

You should be able to build this for generic.

Locating a suitable versioned manifest.

On the https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/ page look down at the
branches. I'm assuming people will want a gingerbread based build, but
the process is the same for older versions.

Personally, I would suggest using gingerbread_house as this is a stable
branch. Code is up to date up to 2.3.5 there so it's pretty recent.

Click on the branch name and a new page will show with the date of the
release, the tag and the versioned manifest name (which is the same as
the tag, the chipset and the branch (which is moot by this point since
you're only looking at releases on that branch).

I used M7630AABBQMLZA414001 as the basis for my sync - largely because
msm7630 is a fairly old, stable target and it was the most recent push.

Then I did:

$ repo init -u git://git.quicinc.com/platform/manifest.git \
-b gingerbread_house -m caf/M7630AABBQMLZA414001.xml \
--repo-url=git://codeaurora.git/tools/repo.git
$ repo sync

Once the sync was done:

$ lunch 1
$ make ...

The build was successful in this case.

Once you've got a successful sync, if you are desperate to, you can get
at the gingerbread_house tip by checking out caf/gingerbread_house
(except the kernel which needs to point to caf/android-msm-2.6.35.)

Hope this helps you.

B.Arunkumar

Sep 19, 2011, 9:07:20 AM9/19/11
to Android Building
Wonder when android.git.kernel.org would be up and running?

Thank you,
B.Arunkumar

On Sep 17, 12:26 am, Dominic Binks <dbi...@codeaurora.org> wrote:
> Ahh, I see now what the issue is here.

> manifests for our customer to pull from.)
>
> So... to solve your build issues do the following:
>
> 1. Go to this web page:https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/
> 2. Find a suitable versioned manifest to sync to (see below for details)
> 3. Follow the instructions for sync'ing to a versioned manifest (adding
> caf/ before the manifest file name)
>
> You should be able to build this for generic.
>
> Locating a suitable versioned manifest.
>
> On thehttps://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/page look down at the

Weston Weems

Sep 19, 2011, 10:43:27 AM9/19/11
to Android Building
Dominic,

First of all, I appreciate your input... as we're all in the dark...
and I need something even if its not the ultimate source I start out
with in the end.

I had the same problems as the original author, and was excited to see
that there may be a workaround.

I followed directions, chosing same branch and release, but cant
really even get through a full sync... I've recieved everything from
complaints about .repo containing unchecked in changes (after a rm -rf
*, rm -rf .repo)

The latest sync error I recieved was something alng the lines of...

WWEEMS-MBP:WORKING_DIRECTORY wweems$ ~/bin/repo sync -j12Traceback
(most recent call last): File "/Volumes/android/
WORKING_DIRECTORY/.repo/repo/main.py", line 238, in <module>
_Main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/Volumes/android/WORKING_DIRECTORY/.repo/repo/main.py", line
220, in _Main
repo._Run(argv)
File "/Volumes/android/WORKING_DIRECTORY/.repo/repo/main.py", line
125, in _Run
cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
File "/Volumes/android/WORKING_DIRECTORY/.repo/repo/subcmds/
sync.py", line 381, in Execute

yadda yadda yadda...

Should I need a special copy of repo?

Weston

On Sep 16, 12:26 pm, Dominic Binks <dbi...@codeaurora.org> wrote:
> Ahh, I see now what the issue is here.

> manifests for our customer to pull from.)
>
> So... to solve your build issues do the following:
>
> 1. Go to this web page:https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/
> 2. Find a suitable versioned manifest to sync to (see below for details)
> 3. Follow the instructions for sync'ing to a versioned manifest (adding
> caf/ before the manifest file name)
>
> You should be able to build this for generic.
>
> Locating a suitable versioned manifest.
>
> On thehttps://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/page look down at the

Conley Owens

Sep 19, 2011, 1:03:19 PM9/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com

In a python traceback, usually the last line is the most important
line, so it may be useful to post that too.

However, While we are still sorting things out, you may want to use
the repo found here: http://code.google.com/p/git-repo/ -- when it
tries to self-update, it will go to the correct source as opposed to
kernel.org.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 19, 2011, 1:20:24 PM9/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We're working on it, but there are no estimates at this point.

JBQ

Dominic Binks

Sep 19, 2011, 1:36:47 PM9/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Also, on your repo init line use --repo-url=XXXX where XXXX is probably
the link below. (Or modify your git config to do url rewriting.)

Conveniently, repo is also mirrored on code aurora as tools/repo.git.

Obviously when kernel.org comes back you will want to point back there
since do only mirror repo and we modify android so kernel.org will
typically have a newer tree.

No special version of repo is needed to sync the code from code aurora.

Dominic

On 9/19/2011 10:03 AM, Conley Owens wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Weston Weems<wwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> WWEEMS-MBP:WORKING_DIRECTORY wweems$ ~/bin/repo sync -j12Traceback
>> (most recent call last): File "/Volumes/android/
>> WORKING_DIRECTORY/.repo/repo/main.py", line 238, in<module>
>> _Main(sys.argv[1:])
>> File "/Volumes/android/WORKING_DIRECTORY/.repo/repo/main.py", line
>> 220, in _Main
>> repo._Run(argv)
>> File "/Volumes/android/WORKING_DIRECTORY/.repo/repo/main.py", line
>> 125, in _Run
>> cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
>> File "/Volumes/android/WORKING_DIRECTORY/.repo/repo/subcmds/
>> sync.py", line 381, in Execute
>>
>> yadda yadda yadda...
>
> In a python traceback, usually the last line is the most important
> line, so it may be useful to post that too.
>
> However, While we are still sorting things out, you may want to use
> the repo found here: http://code.google.com/p/git-repo/ -- when it
> tries to self-update, it will go to the correct source as opposed to
> kernel.org.
>

>> Should I need a special copy of repo?

Leif Andersen

Sep 19, 2011, 2:17:47 PM9/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Speaking of which, what exactly does the--repo-url=XXX do?  The help file just says that it is the repo repository location, but then why didn't the AOSP version (before it went down) require it, as well as CM7?

Thank you.

~Leif Andersen

Conley Owens

Sep 19, 2011, 3:24:17 PM9/19/11
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Leif Andersen <le...@leifandersen.net> wrote:
> Speaking of which, what exactly does the--repo-url=XXX do?  The help file
> just says that it is the repo repository location, but then why didn't the
> AOSP version (before it went down) require it, as well as CM7?

It was not required because it had a default value that pointed to
kernel.org. (When we say repo repository location, we mean where to
get the repo tool from, not the set of repositories for AOSP, etc)

>> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com

>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>

> --

> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 19, 2011, 3:31:10 PM9/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
For a bit more background:

Repo is built from 2 parts: a pretty thin wrapper script, which is the
one that you download and install manually, and the actual
implementation of the tool, which is downloaded and executed by the
wrapper.

The wrapper comes with a default location of the implementation, and
downloads the implementation from there if it's not told otherwise via
--repo-url (and it self-updates from there, no more than once every 24
hours unless told otherwise).

Repo is now hosted at http://code.google.com/p/git-repo/ and there's a
version of the wrapper that gets the implementation from
code.google.com by default:
http://code.google.com/p/git-repo/downloads/detail?name=repo-1.12

JBQ

B.Arunkumar

Sep 21, 2011, 6:44:58 AM9/21/11
to Android Building
Hi,

We downloaded the sample code from Qualcomm Developers site:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/develop/mobile-technologies/multimedia-optimization

and we are trying to compile Gingerbread/Froyo source code according
to the instructions given in the PDF. Has anybody tried it before?
Does it work? Actually, we are looking for a way to access the
hardware decoder in LG Optimus device which uses this Qualcomm
Chipset.

B.Arunkumar
> > the repo found here:http://code.google.com/p/git-repo/-- when it

Dominic Binks

Sep 21, 2011, 2:20:42 PM9/21/11
On 9/21/2011 3:44 AM, B.Arunkumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We downloaded the sample code from Qualcomm Developers site:
>
> https://developer.qualcomm.com/develop/mobile-technologies/multimedia-optimization
>
> and we are trying to compile Gingerbread/Froyo source code according
> to the instructions given in the PDF. Has anybody tried it before?
> Does it work? Actually, we are looking for a way to access the
> hardware decoder in LG Optimus device which uses this Qualcomm
> Chipset.
>
> B.Arunkumar

This question is unrelated to the rest of the thread.

I'm not sure abut the exact nature of this article and code. But, in
general, simply because a particular device happens to have a Qualcomm
chipset in it, doesn't mean that the device will necessarily support
every feature of Qualcomm's chipset or software.

I will try to find out a little more information about the article and
see if I can provide any better answer, but that may take a day or two.

B.Arunkumar

Sep 22, 2011, 1:21:43 AM9/22/11
to Android Building
Hi Dominic,

Thank you for your reply. Since you are working with Qualcomm,
we would be very much interested in your reply.

Thank you,
B.Arunkumar

On Sep 21, 11:20 pm, Dominic Binks <dbi...@codeaurora.org> wrote:
> On 9/21/2011 3:44 AM, B.Arunkumar wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> >    We downloaded the sample code from Qualcomm Developers site:
>
> >https://developer.qualcomm.com/develop/mobile-technologies/multimedia...

Urizev

Sep 24, 2011, 8:59:20 PM9/24/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Then I did:

$ repo init -u git://git.quicinc.com/platform/manifest.git \
-b gingerbread_house -m caf/M7630AABBQMLZA414001.xml \
--repo-url=git://codeaurora.git/tools/repo.git
$ repo sync

I think it would be:

-b gingerbread_house -m caf/M7630AABBQMLZA414001.xml \
--repo-url=git://codeaurora.org/tools/repo.git
$ repo sync

Thanks anyway if it works

Vivek Arora

Sep 26, 2011, 10:18:45 AM9/26/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arun,

Did you manage to get Gingerbread source code which can be compiled successfully?

Regards,
Vivek

B.Arunkumar

Sep 27, 2011, 7:48:42 AM9/27/11
to Android Building
Hi Vivek,

No I haven't. Have you? Meanwhile, Dominic any information that
you could tell us regarding the Qualcomm sample code.

Thank you,
B.Arunkumar

Dominic Binks

Sep 27, 2011, 1:02:00 PM9/27/11
On 9/27/2011 4:48 AM, B.Arunkumar wrote:
> Hi Vivek,
>
> No I haven't. Have you?

What problem are you seeing? I tried this and it worked for me.

> Meanwhile, Dominic any information that
> you could tell us regarding the Qualcomm sample code.

I'm still following up.

> Thank you,
> B.Arunkumar
>

> On Sep 26, 7:18 pm, Vivek Arora<vivek13s...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Arun,
>>
>> Did you manage to get Gingerbread source code which can be compiled
>> successfully?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Vivek

Dominic Binks

Sep 27, 2011, 1:22:40 PM9/27/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
On 9/27/2011 4:48 AM, B.Arunkumar wrote:
> Meanwhile, Dominic any information that
> you could tell us regarding the Qualcomm sample code.

The code has been validated, so yes the code does work. Obviously there
are device dependencies but it is expected to work on any device with a
Snapdragon core.

Please direct any further questions on this directly to me as it's not
related to this list.

B.Arunkumar

Sep 28, 2011, 2:00:09 AM9/28/11
to Android Building
Hi Dominic,

>>>What problem are you seeing? I tried this and it worked for me??

You mean you downloaded the GingerBread source code according to the
instructions given by Urizev and you managed to compile it?
Vivek, would be interested to know if you have got it working too.

Regarding the Qualcomm sample code, first I have to download the
GingerBread source code which can compile. According to the pdf there
is some code in there which has to be compiled along with the
Gingerbread source code (that is what the pdf in there states). I will
try these these steps and then send you a mail to your email Id.

Thank you,
B.Arunkumar

Vivek Arora

Sep 28, 2011, 3:31:34 AM9/28/11
to Android Building
Even i did not. But I have a colleague who had downloaded Gingerbread
source code before google server went down.
When he is trying to zip or tar it for me, that zip or tar is always
corrupted(even at his machine, not after transferring to my machine).
He is using Ubuntu.
Can you share your thoughts on this?

On Sep 27, 4:48 pm, "B.Arunkumar" <awsnetworkrecor...@gmail.com>

Dominic Binks

Sep 28, 2011, 12:45:43 PM9/28/11
On 9/27/2011 11:00 PM, B.Arunkumar wrote:
> Hi Dominic,

> You mean you downloaded the GingerBread source code according to the
> instructions given by Urizev and you managed to compile it?
> Vivek, would be interested to know if you have got it working too.

No, I downloaded the gingerbread code according to the instructions I
gave and that does work. If you are taking code from codeaurora you
will need to follow the instruction I gave, otherwise it won't work.

B.Arunkumar

Sep 29, 2011, 2:12:45 AM9/29/11
to Android Building
Hi Dominic,

Please let me clarify with you once again how you managed
to get a compiled Gingerbread source code. I am afraid repo sync takes
an entire day to download the source code and at the end of it if it
doesn't work, I have to come up with some answers to my Management
what I was doing.

>First you have given the instructions:

>$ repo init -u git://git.quicinc.com/platform/manifest.git \

-b gingerbread_house -m caf/M7630AABBQMLZA414001.xml \

--repo-url=git://codeaurora.git/tools/repo.git

>$ repo sync

>Once the sync was done:

>$ lunch 1

>$ make ...

I though Weston pointed out to you that he was having problems having
used your instructions.

So is this what should be done? (This is what I am able to understand
through your replies and Jean's replies)

$ repo init -u git://git.quicinc.com/platform/manifest.git \

-b gingerbread_house -m caf/M7630AABBQMLZA414001.xml \

--repo-url=http://code.google.com/p/git-repo/

$ repo sync

$ lunch 1

$ make

Vivek, you could perhaps try to get the entire source code to your
machine without zipping (if probably zipping is not working).

Thank you,

B.Arunkumar
> > the repo found here:http://code.google.com/p/git-repo/-- when it

Arthur Cavalcanti

Sep 29, 2011, 9:44:39 AM9/29/11
to Android Building
Hi Dominic,

I've been following this thread for sometime and followed some of the
instructions posted here.

When using your recommendation I get the following result:

-------------------------------
acavalcanti@ubuntu:~/android_work_files$ repo init -u
git://git.quicinc.com/platform/manifest.git -b gingerbread_house -m
caf/M7630AABBQMLZA414001.xml --repo-url=git://codeaurora.git/tools/
repo.git
git.quicinc.com[0: 10.43.41.242]: errno=Connection timed out
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection timed out)
fatal: cannot obtain manifest git://git.quicinc.com/platform/manifest.git
-------------------------------

As I couldn't get in touch with the pointed repository, I tried the
"http://php.webtutor.pl/en/2011/09/05/kernel-org-hacked-how-to-get-
android-repo/" solution.
Accessing the "https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/la/" folder, and
following the

---------------------------
repo init -u git://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git
repo sync"
---------------------------

which provides me, at least, a complete set of files to start with.

The thing is that I can't get a successful build (using generic_x86-
user build), due to missing wx library (although installed) and other
files.
Unfortunately I've "nuked" it all and tried your approach once again,
to no result.

I'll try rebuilding again from the codeaurora.org repository and post
the log, but would like to know if there's any other suggestion in the
meantime.

Thanks in advance,

Arthur Cavalcanti: art.cav...@gmail.com
Ph.D Candidate at UFPE-PPGEE

Dominic Binks

Sep 29, 2011, 1:16:12 PM9/29/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, my mistake.

That's referring to an internal server where we have a mirror of what is
on codeaurora.

I'm just running through validating the instructions against codeaurora
- it should be pretty much the same, but I will update the thread with
the corrected instructions shortly.

Dominic

Dominic Binks

Sep 29, 2011, 2:46:22 PM9/29/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Ok so my instructions had a typo in them and referred to an internal git
server.

However, I have confirmed that with the right server the process does build.

Here's the corrected instructions.

$ repo init -u git://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git -b
gingerbread_house -m M7630AABBQMLZA414001.xml

$ repo sync

$ source build/envsetup.sh
$ lunch 1
$ make -j <your-favourite j-ness>

to accelerate the sync times a little you could try using --jobs=2 in
the sync.

Sorry for the mistake.

Dominic

Arthur Cavalcanti

Oct 2, 2011, 1:35:48 PM10/2/11
to Android Building
Hi Dominic,

Followed your new instructions and could build the simulator just
fine, in one of my machines.
I'll try that on my other machines and report back.

Thanks a lot,

Arthur Cavalcanti
Ph.D. candidate at UFPE/PPGEE

Federico Mancini

Oct 10, 2011, 9:53:03 AM10/10/11
to Android Building
Hi,
thanks a lot! after 3 weeks of failed attempts following other
instructions on how to get and build the source without kernel.org, I
finally got the building to succeed!
(although, as mentioned before one needs to add the -repo-url option
to the repo init command, otherwise one is automatically redirected to
kernel.org).

The problem i have now although, is not with compiling, but with
running the emulator that I get out of this build (I needed the source
to integrate strongswan into android). The emulator starts ok, even
with the strongswan patch working, but I get "no sim card" message on
the screen and no 3g connection at all, hence no connectivity.
Is this a problem with the build, or the emulator or the source code?
Can anybody help me with this or redirect me to who can?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but it is my first time using and
building android.