Comparing 3 JDKs by Android build time

koba

May 17, 2011, 9:15:07 AM5/17/11
to Android Building
Thanks to ccache, the time of C/C++ build time is significantly
reduced. Next I want to speed up Java.

I tried to compare build time using 3 different JDKs, which are
available in Ubuntu.
In my case, openjdk is the best.

Read my blog for the detail.
"Comparing 3 JDKs by Android build time"
http://kobablog.wordpress.com/2011/05/17/comparing-3-jdks-by-android-build-time/

Enjoy building!

Jean-Baptiste Queru

May 17, 2011, 10:31:04 AM5/17/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Very interesting.

We've been considering switching to OpenJDK for Android for quite a while.

The main reason why we didn't is that the license terms for OpenJDK on
MacOS cause some difficulty, and there's a lot of reluctance against
moving to Linux-only.

It's also tricky to use OpenJDK on Linux and JDK on MacOS because
there are subtle differences between the two that can cause build
breakages (specifically, using OpenJDK doesn't generate the same
current.xml as JDK).

JBQ

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru