Galaxy Nexus support in AOSP

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 9, 2011, 4:08:13 PM12/9/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
After reviewing the situation, Google concluded that the only Galaxy
Nexus that can be supported in AOSP are the ones that are originally
sold with a "yakju" or "mysid" system.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 9, 2011, 4:17:47 PM12/9/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's the signature for the current yakju build.

JBQ

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Michał Banszel <michal....@gmail.com> wrote:
> ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
> ro.product.brand=google
> ro.product.name=yakju
> ro.product.device=maguro
> ro.product.board=tuna
> ro.build.description=yakju-user 4.0.1 ITL41F 228551 release-keys
> ro.build.fingerprint=google/yakju/maguro:4.0.1/ITL41F/228551:user/release-keys
>
> Correct?
>
> 2011/12/9 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>:

>> --

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 9, 2011, 4:38:43 PM12/9/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Actually, those are both built by Google. yakju is one of the
GSM/CDMA+ variants, while mysid is indeed the CDMA/LTE variant for
VZW.

JBQ

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Michał Banszel <michal....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok so just to confirm I understood you well... only yakju (Samsung
> builds) and mysid (Galaxy Nexus from Verizon) are supported in AOSP?

Michał Banszel

Dec 9, 2011, 4:44:13 PM12/9/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Do you maybe have a complete list of Galaxy Nexus built variants?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 9, 2011, 4:46:42 PM12/9/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I don't have such a list. The variants I'm currently aware of are
yakjuxw and yakjusc, and I believe that the other ones are also
supposed to have two letters added to "yakju".

JBQ

Alex

Dec 10, 2011, 2:01:55 AM12/10/11
to Android Building
I know this probably isn't your area and understand if you can't
answer, but do you know if this implies anything about how these
devices receive software updates? Does this mean that the devices
configured as "yakju" and "mysid" will receive OTA updates directly
from Google, while other device configurations will not?

Thanks,
Alex

On Dec 9, 4:46 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> I don't have such a list. The variants I'm currently aware of are
> yakjuxw and yakjusc, and I believe that the other ones are also
> supposed to have two letters added to "yakju".
>
> JBQ
>

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Michał Banszel <michal.bans...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you maybe have a complete list of Galaxy Nexus built variants?
>
> > 2011/12/9 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>:
> >> Actually, those are both built by Google. yakju is one of the
> >> GSM/CDMA+ variants, while mysid is indeed the CDMA/LTE variant for
> >> VZW.
>
> >> JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 10, 2011, 6:01:25 AM12/10/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, that's not my area, but I have no reason to believe that there'd be differences there, as the differences between versions are really small region-specific tweaks.

JBQ

Chris Bossardet

Dec 10, 2011, 2:07:41 PM12/10/11
to Android Building
Do we know if it would cause any harm to flash to the yakju build from
a yakjuxw build to get AOSP support? I ask because I'm very much
tempted to flash a yakju image to my device, but as far as I know,
there are no images available for download for the yakjuxw build to
reflash that.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 10, 2011, 4:14:51 PM12/10/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Well, that's the core issue right here: I don't know if it works, I don't have any way to know, and if you try and it doesn't work I don't know of any way to recover.

JBQ

ogdobber

Dec 10, 2011, 7:20:20 PM12/10/11
to Android Building
I have flashed yakju from yakjuxw and havent run into any issues. I
did
Install cwm and made a backup just in case

On Dec 11, 5:14 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Well, that's the core issue right here: I don't know if it works, I don't
> have any way to know, and if you try and it doesn't work I don't know of
> any way to recover.
>
> JBQ
>
> On Saturday, December 10, 2011, Chris Bossardet <bossman1...@gmail.com>

ogdobber

Dec 10, 2011, 10:51:03 PM12/10/11
to Android Building
just to be a little more clear, I flash the factory images from
http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html
and restored to a completely "stock" state... my gnex was yakjuxw and
now it is yakju (ro.product.name=yakju)

Chris Bossardet

Dec 11, 2011, 1:05:26 AM12/11/11
to Android Building
I'm thinking I might do this as well. Just need to make a nandroid
backup and move the files to my PC.

Thanks for all the input!

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted