wrappers for 32/64-bit using wrong path?

Stephen Smalley

Mar 19, 2012, 1:53:22 PM3/19/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Trying to build the AOSP master, I get the following error:

host C: emulator <= external/qemu/android/main-emulator.c
prebuilts/tools/gcc-sdk/gcc: line 40: prebuilts/tools/gcc-sdk/../../gcc/linux-x86/host/i686-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/bin/i686-linux-gcc: No such file or directory

Are we missing some other changes? Everything builds if I revert c7389bd from
external/qemu so that it doesn't invoke these wrappers.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency

cheng zheng

Mar 19, 2012, 3:33:47 PM3/19/12
to Android Building
+1, I met the same issue and this almost makes me crazy now

Conley Owens

Mar 19, 2012, 4:33:56 PM3/19/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
That's for the report. We are working on the issue and I'll let you
all know when it's fixed.

~cco3

badcc0de

Mar 19, 2012, 9:03:44 PM3/19/12
to Android Building
I also got the same issue, where are these paths defined in the build
system?

On Mar 19, 1:33 pm, Conley Owens <c...@android.com> wrote:
> That's for the report.  We are working on the issue and I'll let you
> all know when it's fixed.
>
> ~cco3
>
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM, cheng zheng
>

> <czheng4mailingl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > +1, I met the same issue and this almost makes me crazy now
>
> > On Mar 19, 1:53 pm, Stephen Smalley <s...@tycho.nsa.gov> wrote:
> >> Trying to build the AOSP master, I get the following error:
>
> >> host C: emulator <= external/qemu/android/main-emulator.c
> >> prebuilts/tools/gcc-sdk/gcc: line 40: prebuilts/tools/gcc-sdk/../../gcc/linux-x86/host/i686-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/bi n/i686-linux-gcc: No such file or directory

Chia-Wei Hu

Mar 19, 2012, 11:32:42 PM3/19/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I also got the same issue...

I also got the same issue, where are these paths defined in the build
system?

On Mar 19, 1:33 pm, Conley Owens <c...@android.com> wrote:
> That's for the report.  We are working on the issue and I'll let you
> all know when it's fixed.
>
> ~cco3
>
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM, cheng zheng
>

> <czheng4mailingl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > +1, I met the same issue and this almost makes me crazy now
>
> > On Mar 19, 1:53 pm, Stephen Smalley <s...@tycho.nsa.gov> wrote:
> >> Trying to build the AOSP master, I get the following error:
>
> >> host C: emulator <= external/qemu/android/main-emulator.c
> >> prebuilts/tools/gcc-sdk/gcc: line 40: prebuilts/tools/gcc-sdk/../../gcc/linux-x86/host/i686-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/bi n/i686-linux-gcc: No such file or directory
>
> >> Are we missing some other changes?  Everything builds if I revert c7389bd from
> >> external/qemu so that it doesn't invoke these wrappers.
>
> >> --
> >> Stephen Smalley
> >> National Security Agency

saikiran

Mar 20, 2012, 1:30:53 AM3/20/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Facing the same issue... if any one knows solution please help..

Thanks..

dagentooboy

Mar 19, 2012, 10:44:13 PM3/19/12
to Android Building
+1... anyone have a solution yet?

yogi

Mar 20, 2012, 12:28:16 PM3/20/12
to Android Building

Sane problem I also faced after resyncing code to latest.

Chirag Shah

Mar 20, 2012, 11:10:13 AM3/20/12
to Android Building
I am also getting the same error. Please let me know what steps you
guys are following to get rid of it?
This error has really made me crazy and i can not go ahead due to this
even though my pandaboard ES has arrived since last 2 weeks and i am
getting something boken from the beginning.

T. O. "Radzy" Radzykewycz

Mar 20, 2012, 2:57:06 PM3/20/12
to Android Building
I did the following workaround:

( cd prebuilts/tools ; git reset --hard HEAD^ )
( cd external/qemu ; git reset --hard
d4f5a3ae87a7246613188940c1667bf2880da402 )

This corrects the erroneous symlink problem, and a problem with the 64-
bit enhancements to the emulator, both of which cause build errors.

My build has not completed, and the xoom boots SE Android. This is
with the latest SE Android local manifest.

Chirag Shah

Mar 20, 2012, 5:27:40 PM3/20/12
to Android Building
Hi T. O. Radzy Radzykewycz,

I can not analyze your statment "My build has not completed, and the
xoom boots SE Android."
Were you able to successfully compile Android or you are also facing
some other issue/error even after applying this fix of Git ?

- Chirag Shah

T. O. "Radzy" Radzykewycz

Mar 20, 2012, 7:04:05 PM3/20/12
to Android Building
Sorry Chirag. That is a typo. My build *has* completed.

Chirag Shah

Mar 22, 2012, 12:47:08 AM3/22/12
to Android Building
Hi after applying fix suggested by T. O. Radzy Radzykewycz, i was able
to build android successfully.
But when i was following steps from devices/ti/panda/README,
i am getting following error while giving command
COMMAND : "sudo out/host/linux-x86/bin/fastboot -p panda flash
userdata"
ERROR MESSAGE: "error : cannot load <path to android
source>/  ........ /userdata.img"
Before executing this command i have given following commands and all
applied successfully.
# do not insert SD card, reboot the board
sudo device/ti/panda/usbboot device/ti/panda/bootloader.bin
# now insert the SD card
sudo out/host/linux-x86/bin/fastboot oem format
sudo out/host/linux-x86/bin/fastboot flash xloader device/ti/panda/
xloader.bin
sudo out/host/linux-x86/bin/fastboot flash bootloader device/ti/
panda/
bootloader.bin
# reboot the board to fastboot mode again(hold user button, then
toggle power button)
sudo out/host/linux-x86/bin/fastboot erase cache

What could be the reason of this error ?
(1) Whether my android not compiled successfully or
(2) xloader.bin/bootloader.bin are not correct for pandaboard ES ?
(3) Another observation is that when i load bootloader.bin through
usbboot, it detects OMAP4440 device instead pandaboard ES has OMAP4460.