Switching branch from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2

Alessio Bianchi

Jan 24, 2011, 4:16:08 PM1/24/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, several days ago I downloaded sources with
repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git -b froyo
and I succesfully built android 2.2.1.
Now that 2.2.2 is out, how can I switch to that branch? I already ran repo sync and it downloaded that branch, but when I launch 'lunch' and make it still says 2.2.1.
Thanks and sorry for the dumb question :)
Alessio

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Jan 24, 2011, 4:29:49 PM1/24/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The froyo branch actually doesn't contain the exact 2.2.1, it contains
the state of Google's internal development branch at a certain point
in time which isn't guaranteed to be close to 2.2.1.

If you want the true 2.2.1 from your froyo client:
repo init -b android-2.2.1_r2 ; repo sync

If you want the true 2.2.2:
repo init -b android-2.2.2_r1 ; repo sync

JBQ

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Xianghua Xiao

Jan 24, 2011, 4:39:20 PM1/24/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
when you use 'repo init -b/-m' to switch manifests, will 'repo sync'
remove those repositories that will not be needed? will 'repo sync'
always keep a sane checkout synced on whatever 'repo init' manifest is
used at the moment(i.e. nothing more nothing less)?

thanks,
xianghua

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Jan 24, 2011, 4:43:10 PM1/24/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
In that case, repo sync will indeed remove the directories from your
checked out source tree ("deleting obsolete project <project_name>").
It also stops syncing your local copy of those projects' history into
your local machine, but it doesn't delete what you had already synced,
so that if you switch back only new changes need to be synced.

JBQ