Kernel sources that match 4.0.3 are available

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 16, 2011, 10:29:06 PM12/16/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I've just pushed the kernel sources that match the crespo, stingray
and tuna kernel binaries for 4.0.3.

crespo: android-samsung-3.0-ics-mr1 in kernel/samsung
stingray: android-tegra-moto-2.6.39 in kernel/tegra
tuna: android-omap-tuna-3.0 in kernel/omap

As a note, for the curious, we've included the list of kernel
repositories at the bottom of
http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html so that it's easier
to get to them. They're also in the AOSP mirror manifest.

This completes the puzzle. Happy kerneling (?).

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Michał Banszel

Dec 18, 2011, 6:04:02 AM12/18/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
#JBQ

Is there any specific kernel command line or address that needs to be
specified while compiling boot.img? Some people are suffering from a
very strange issue.
With 100% stock boot.img from factory image everything is fine. But
just unpacking boot.img and re-packing it again (without changing
zImage or any file in ramdisk) causes
battery charging issues. It happens when you turn off your device
while it's plugged into the charger. After turning off it's not
possible to turn it ON without pulling out the battery.
Is there any hint you can provide?

thanks!

2011/12/17 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>:

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 19, 2011, 12:18:52 PM12/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I have no idea, sorry, that's not an area that I'm familiar with.

JBQ

bj.moon

Dec 17, 2011, 10:16:13 PM12/17/11
to Android Building
I'm exciting for happy kerneling ^^;
Thank you for everything you do!

BJ

On Dec 17, 12:29 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> I've just pushed the kernel sources that match the crespo, stingray
> and tuna kernel binaries for 4.0.3.
>
> crespo: android-samsung-3.0-ics-mr1 in kernel/samsung
> stingray: android-tegra-moto-2.6.39 in kernel/tegra
> tuna: android-omap-tuna-3.0 in kernel/omap
>
> As a note, for the curious, we've included the list of kernel

> repositories at the bottom ofhttp://source.android.com/source/downloading.htmlso that it's easier

meLIanTQ

Dec 19, 2011, 12:33:43 PM12/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
to JBQ:

I write a post here the 17/12/11 but not validated ...

the crespo kernel for 4.0.3 contain a wifi bug (France) ...

Never switch off (the wifi policy is set to never)

it's a know issue?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 19, 2011, 12:37:07 PM12/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I've never heard of this issue, but Android is such a large system
that there's no way I can be aware of all known issues, especially
since that's not really my job as part of AOSP.

JBQ

bluestar8783

Dec 20, 2011, 12:58:45 AM12/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir:

         I use the command: "git clone https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/omap.git" to git kernel
         The below information will show
         But no any file will disappear

         What's wrong for me?

         Thank you!

BR,
Alan
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
Initialized empty Git repository in /4.0.3/kernel/omap/.git/
remote: Counting objects: 194, done
remote: Counting objects: 2093096, done
remote: Finding sources: 100% (8957/8957)
remote: Getting sizes: 100% (1073/1073)
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (524/524)
Receiving objects: 100% (2092492/2092492), 429.98 MiB | 5.65 MiB/s, done.
remote: Total 2092492 (delta 1750577), reused 2092193 (delta 1750459)
Resolving deltas: 100% (1750836/1750836), done.
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 20, 2011, 10:55:59 AM12/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The default (master) branch is empty. You need to check out the branch
or the exact commit you're interested in, depending on what you want
to do (e.g. generic omap work, PandaBoard, Galaxy Nexus).

Run "git branch -a" to get the list of branches.

These branches are relevant:
remotes/origin/android-omap-3.0
remotes/origin/android-omap-panda-3.0
remotes/origin/android-omap-tuna-3.0
remotes/origin/android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0
remotes/origin/linux-omap-3.0

JBQ

bluestar8783

Dec 20, 2011, 8:53:54 PM12/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir:

        I use below command order to download kernel
        but no file disappear, still empty
        I run the command "git branch -a" and the star mark will show head of kernel name with green color

        What's wrong with me?

        BTW, which version is for Android 4.0.3? android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0 ? or android-omap-tuna-3.0?
        I know what is correct

        Thank you!

BR,
Alan

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
git branch -a
git checkout -b remotes/origin/android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0
=> message shows: " Switched to a new branch 'remotes/origin/android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0' "
or
git checkout -b remotes/origin/android-omap-tuna-3.0
=> message shows: " Switched to a new branch 'remotes/origin/android-omap-tuna-3.0' "

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 21, 2011, 10:31:11 AM12/21/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
If you want the kernel for a specific version, you need to find the
exact commit SHA that you want in the history of the kernel binary,
and get that exact commit. Don't trust the branches.

JBQ