Building error

hams

Dec 21, 2011, 1:41:10 PM12/21/11
to Android Building
Got this error on issuing the command
make -j4

target StaticLib: libfwdlock-converter (out/target/product/generic/obj/
STATIC_LIBRARIES/libfwdlock-converter_intermediates/libfwdlock-
converter.a)
target thumb C++: libEGL_emulation <= development/tools/emulator/
opengl/system/egl/ClientAPIExts.cpp
target thumb C++: libOpenglSystemCommon <= development/tools/emulator/
opengl/system/OpenglSystemCommon/HostConnection.cpp
arm-linux-androideabi-g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
arm-linux-androideabi-g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
arm-linux-androideabi-g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/
libOpenglSystemCommon_intermediates/HostConnection.o] Error 1
arm-linux-androideabi-g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.make:
*** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/
libEGL_emulation_intermediates/ClientAPIExts.o] Error 1
make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/
libEGL_emulation_intermediates/eglDisplay.o] Error 1
make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/
libEGL_emulation_intermediates/egl.o] Error 1

please help me please

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 21, 2011, 1:53:31 PM12/21/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
My best bet is that you're out of RAM and swap. You might get better
results by running a plain make without any -j parameter.

JBQ

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

David Wang

Dec 21, 2011, 2:09:42 PM12/21/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I am having the following error when building ICS 4.0.3 master on ubuntu 10.04, anyone can help ?

/bin/bash: line 0: cd: cts/tools/cts-native-xml-generator/src/res: No such file or directory
build/core/main.mk:539: *** Some files have been added to ALL_PREBUILT.
build/core/main.mk:540: *
build/core/main.mk:541: * ALL_PREBUILT is a deprecated mechanism that
build/core/main.mk:542: * should not be used for new files.
build/core/main.mk:543: * As an alternative, use PRODUCT_COPY_FILES in
build/core/main.mk:544: * the appropriate product definition.
build/core/main.mk:545: * build/target/product/core.mk is the product
build/core/main.mk:546: * definition used in all products.
build/core/main.mk:547: *
build/core/main.mk:548: * unexpected bash_logout in ALL_PREBUILT
build/core/main.mk:548: * unexpected bashrc in ALL_PREBUILT
build/core/main.mk:549: *
build/core/main.mk:550: *** ALL_PREBUILT contains unexpected files.  Stop.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 21, 2011, 2:14:14 PM12/21/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Please don't hijack other people's threads with unrelated questions.
On this group, you can pretty much assume that every other thread is
about build errors, so posting your build error in some thread about a
totally unrelated build error isn't cool.

About your explicit question: I'm pretty sure that we've removed all
such cases from AOSP, so either you're using an exotic build config
that hasn't been used by anyone on the Android team for over a year,
or you're not actually building AOSP and you've added files from
another origin. Either way, you're really not providing nearly enough
information to even know who should be helping you here.

JBQ

David David

Dec 21, 2011, 2:57:07 PM12/21/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I apologize for hijacking other ppl's thread and will initiate my own next time :-)

Thanks for your answer JBQ, and I will check my own modification to AOSP somewhere in the tree.

rohit mishra

Dec 22, 2011, 1:00:26 AM12/22/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=OPENMASTER
OUT_DIR=out

/bin/bash: line 0: cd: cts/tools/cts-native-xml-generator/src/res: No such file or directory

got this error while issuing make command please help me.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 22, 2011, 11:13:09 AM12/22/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Known issue, harmless.