Build error: gnu/stubs-64.h: No such file or directory

santi lert

Jul 6, 2010, 4:16:58 AM7/6/10
to Android Building
Hello all,

I am trying to build froyo for nexus one, after a long time doing repo
sync till complete, initial all necessary commands, extract files from
the device and make -j4.
I got an error say

error: gnu/stubs-64.h: No such file or directory

I am running this in ubuntu 10.04 32 bits with VMWare player on
Windows XP.
I have even created the new virtual machine, install new ubuntu and
start the whole steps again, but the error still the same. Can any
one help me on this error?

Thanks in advance.

This is my steps.
#Create new virtual machine
#Install ubuntu 10.04 desktop 32 bits
#Download and install android sdk
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid
partner"
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg sun-java6-jdk flex bison gperf
libsdl-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev build-essential zip curl
libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev
sudo apt-get install valgrind
mkdir ~/bin
curl http://android.git.kernel.org/repo >~/bin/repo
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
#logout and re-login
mkdir ~/mydroid
cd ~/mydroid
repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git
repo sync
repo sync
# till complete
gpg --import
^D
#cd to android sdk/tools to make sure adb daemon start as root
sudo ./adb kill-server
sudo ./adb start-server
cd ~/mydroid/device/htc/passion
# connect nexus one via usb
./extract-files.sh
cd ~/mydroid
. ./build/envsetup.sh
lunch full_passion-userdebug
make -j4
the make process stop with error
host C: libneo_util <= external/clearsilver/util/neo_misc.c
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:378,
from /usr/include/time.h:28,
from external/clearsilver/util/neo_misc.c:14:
/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:9:27: error: gnu/stubs-64.h: No such file or
directory
make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/
libneo_util_intermediates/neo_err.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/
libneo_util_intermediates/neo_files.o] Error 1
make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/
libneo_util_intermediates/neo_misc.o] Error 1

David Lindquist

Jul 7, 2010, 2:47:30 PM7/7/10
to Android Building
> curlhttp://android.git.kernel.org/repo>~/bin/repo
I get this as well. Looks like a bug on the master branch that is
forcing use of 64-bit code generation if Java6 is used:

The issue is with:
https://review.source.android.com/15611

For example, check out the diff here:
https://review.source.android.com/#p...,cs/Android.mk

+# This forces a 64-bit build for Java6
+ifneq ($(filter 1.6%,$(java_version)),)
+ LOCAL_CFLAGS += -m64
+ LOCAL_LDFLAGS += -m64
+endif
+

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. I've e-mailed JBQ. It's possible to
compile by using Java 5 instead of Java 6, but this is clearly a bug
in the clearsilver makefiles.

Cheers,

David

santi lert

Jul 7, 2010, 9:06:13 PM7/7/10
to Android Building
Thanks David, I check out only froyo branch, down grade to java5,
and every things working fine. Now make run till complete.

:>)

David Lindquist

Jul 8, 2010, 2:38:13 PM7/8/10
to Android Building

tn77

Aug 5, 2010, 5:15:27 PM8/5/10
to Android Building
How can I downgrade to java5? I guess that's the only solution here,
and I'm unable to do it.

Andrew Worsley

Aug 10, 2010, 11:58:16 PM8/10/10
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Not sure it is - I just installed java5 along side java6 and used
update-alternatives to select the java5 one - try
update-alternatives --config javac

For that problem I think I ended up install libc6-dev-i386: (note this
is debian Ubuntu might be slightly different)
also gcc-4.3-multilib - but I hit a large number of errors before I
did an update then it miraculously compiled...

Wish you luck - I found the whole process rather frustrating and
lacking in detailed documentation and debugging

- just google and pray - thank goodness for these mailing lists though..

tera tellence

Jul 25, 2011, 7:16:27 AM7/25/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I have the same error. There was no problem till I upgraded my Ubuntu 10.10 to 11 :(

I get this error while i do "make" on the android sources. Sadly, I have only java5. Since I thought I should upgrade this and check, I tried to upgrade it to java6 but to no use.

Any help please?

Peter den Hartog

Jul 25, 2011, 10:34:28 AM7/25/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if this is any help or not but i wrote a guide for Ubuntu 11.04 ->

tera tellence

Jul 25, 2011, 11:05:38 AM7/25/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Peter.

Finally this helped me(dug it out from one long post here :)):

# cd external/clearsilver
# git reset --hard 9a199257cfdaeec82aa1cc662436d3
a47fb6f2ea
# cd -