Galaxy nexus kernel source

OneCosmic

Nov 15, 2011, 12:29:43 PM11/15/11
to Android Building
Hi,

Just a quick question, when the kernel sources for galaxy nexus will
be available?

Thanks in Advance

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Nov 15, 2011, 1:03:18 PM11/15/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
As soon as I find a bit of time for it.

JBQ

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

bluestar8783

Nov 30, 2011, 5:04:53 AM11/30/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir:

         Which one kernel tree do I git for Galaxy nexus?
         Samsung?omap? or others?

          Thank you!

BR,
Alan

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Nov 30, 2011, 11:29:42 AM11/30/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Galaxy Nexus runs an OMAP CPU, so its kernel is in the omap tree.
Branch android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0

JBQ

bluestar8783

Dec 3, 2011, 2:25:15 AM12/3/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir:

       I git clone kernel for omap tree, but can't git checkout to android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0
       The omap tree is the android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0, right?

BR,
Alan

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 5, 2011, 10:46:39 AM12/5/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Yup. You should be able to see it with git branch -a

What error do you get when you run the following command?
git checkout origin/android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0

JBQ

bluestar8783

Dec 6, 2011, 3:42:54 AM12/6/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir:

         I use "git checkout -b remotes/origin/aosp-new/android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0", and it can work
         If use "git checkout remotes/origin/aosp-new/android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0", it has below information to show

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
Note: checking out 'remotes/origin/aosp-new/android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0'.
You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.
If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:
  git checkout -b new_branch_name
HEAD is now at a052f63... ARM: omap4: tuna: change key debounce time to 2ms
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

BR,
Alan

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 6, 2011, 11:23:58 AM12/6/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Looks like it worked fine.

JBQ

bluestar8783

Dec 14, 2011, 8:42:34 AM12/14/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir:

        Which version of kernel does "android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0" ?

        Linux 3.0? or Linux 2.6.x?

        Thank you!
BR.
Alan

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 14, 2011, 9:34:19 AM12/14/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
3.0. The name of the branch should be a good hint.

JBQ