2.3.3 drivers for crespo (i.e. Nexus S).

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Apr 6, 2011, 5:34:36 PM4/6/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The following 2.3.3 drivers are now available for crespo builds from AOSP:

Wifi/Bluetooth and GPS drivers from Broadcom:
http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/broadcom-crespo-gri40-5f3d0745.tgz
Graphics drivers from Imagination Technologies:
http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/imgtec-crespo-gri40-ff7dd812.tgz
NFC drivers from NXP:
http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/nxp-crespo-gri40-1a807507.tgz
GSM drivers from Samsung:
http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/samsung-crespo-gri40-c33dae03.tgz

Those are meant to be used on top of the android-2.3.3_r1 source
release, which is the exact Android platform that's been used in the
GRI40 consumer release.

Thanks to the 4 companies mentioned above for making drivers available
to the Android Open-Source ecosystem under a license that should cover
a majority of cases.

Major thanks to the Nexus S Product Manager at Google who did all the
hard work behind the scenes so that those files could be distributed.

Checksums:
MD5
eb1650938b888e6cb46d8baab9cd6d27 broadcom-crespo-gri40-5f3d0745.tgz
d145e98d461bfc098d30135e5d2d81bf imgtec-crespo-gri40-ff7dd812.tgz
90eb25e834eb8f143d97481892d2f1cf nxp-crespo-gri40-1a807507.tgz
0c7f0284348c401fca58b15237a3884d samsung-crespo-gri40-c33dae03.tgz

SHA1
eb41bdc3a2b536f7f33bc950b81dcccffcf70d28 broadcom-crespo-gri40-5f3d0745.tgz
9b2583ad9c5f8b8712a4622160ab69bd2bf88852 imgtec-crespo-gri40-ff7dd812.tgz
11c8ad266ebce59571aaf27aff3f3aaaced33b2c nxp-crespo-gri40-1a807507.tgz
f8aecb60f4a0dbc5eeb625ee6089540495617a86 samsung-crespo-gri40-c33dae03.tgz

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Apoorva Iyer

Apr 7, 2011, 11:24:34 AM4/7/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi JBQ,

How do I go about incorporating this into my crespo build? When I extract and run the files, I get a vendor folder with each vendors' drivers in the folder. Where do I put these to get the exact GRI40 Android image when I make the build?

Regards,

Apoorva Iyer

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Apr 7, 2011, 12:18:22 PM4/7/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
My mistake, I still need to write the precise documentation.

Each tgz contains a shell script that you run from the root of the
source tree. This creates the relevant parts of the vendor tree.

Once they're all extracted, you need to do a clean build
(unfortunately), and the full_crespo-userdebug config will
automagically use those files.

You can't quite get the exact GRI40 retail system image, for a number
of reasons (still missing a driver or two, no access to Google's apps,
the private keys for the signatures are private). You can get to a
build of the Android platform from the exact same source code that we
used for retail builds, which will be functionally equivalent.

I hope that helps.

JBQ

Apoorva Iyer

Apr 7, 2011, 7:38:38 PM4/7/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
It did. I compiled it, and it works pretty well so far :-)

Thank you!

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Apr 14, 2011, 3:35:32 PM4/14/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Those files are now linked from
http://code.google.com/android/nexus/drivers.html so that they're
easier to find.

In turn, that new page will eventually be linked from
source.android.com so that it is itself easier to find.

Enjoy,
JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Apr 14, 2011, 4:18:09 PM4/14/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I hear that the page hasn't replicated to all the mirrors yet, sorry
about that, I was so happy that I wanted to share the news immediately
after it was visible from the US.

For the curious who are still getting a 404, the page in question
contains links to the drivers mentioned in my original message in this
thread, as well as the graphics driver for 2.3.1 that was discussed
here a few months ago.

JBQ

Josenivaldo Benito Junior

Apr 14, 2011, 6:42:00 PM4/14/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Very good.

Thanks.

--
Josenivaldo Benito Jr.

Software developer
SAMSUNG SIDI Brazil
My words not necessary reflect the opinion of my employer
*Por Aurélio Buarque de Hollanda,  elite, do francês élite, significa “o que há de melhor em uma sociedade, minoria prestigiada, constituída pelos indivíduos mais aptos”.

Siva kumar

Apr 20, 2011, 2:33:19 AM4/20/11
to Android Building
Will these drivers work in android 2.3.2

I have compiled android 2.3.2 for Nexus S , Bluetooth, camera,
graphics are not working will these drivers support android 2.3.2

Regards
sivakumar

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Apr 20, 2011, 2:14:56 PM4/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
They probably only work on 2.3.3.

For 2.3.2, the graphics driver released for 2.3.1 will work, but other
drivers aren't available.

JBQ