THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Anandashram

Jan 23, 2012, 12:28:01 AM1/23/12
to googlegroups
"When the mind is filled with the contemplation of God, thoughts may be entering it and be getting dissolved into it. This may occur now and again. The blank time that remains between the entrance of one thought and another is spent in a state of Samadhi. It is then pure God-consciousness. The struggle consists in trying to remain always in this condition.

Anandashram

Jan 23, 2012, 12:32:36 AM1/23/12
to googlegroups
"When the mind is filled with the contemplation of God, thoughts may be entering it and be getting dissolved into it. This may occur now and again. The blank time that remains between the entrance of one thought and another is spent in a state of Samadhi. It is then pure God-consciousness. The struggle consists in trying to remain always in this condition."
- Swami Ramdas

Anandashram

Jan 28, 2012, 11:12:19 PM1/28/12
to googlegroups
"The place of Bhagawan is always in the heart of His Bhaktas. That is His Mandir and home. He is not silent. He is ever busy, talking to His beloved Bhaktas. Where His name is, there He also is. So, let us constantly repeat His glorious name and realise Him within ourselves. Truly, the whole universe is filled with Him. All, all is He, and He alone…"
- Swami Ramdas

Anandashram

Jan 29, 2012, 11:50:54 PM1/29/12
to googlegroups
"Jnana without Bhakti and Prem is tasteless. Jnana merely gives knowledge, whereas Prem sweetens life. Premanand is Purnanand, is the highest bliss (Love-bliss is complete bliss). That you are immortal is a self-evident truth. But Prem is the very perfume that comes out of a life of simplicity, purity, self-sacrifice, humility, compassion and forgiveness. Oh! the joy of such a life! Love all. Love all. All, all is He, the Beloved One."
- Swami Ramdas

Anandashram

Jan 27, 2012, 11:01:55 PM1/27/12
to googlegroups
"The Supreme Lord of the universe, is a veritable ocean of kindness and love. He is ever seated in our hearts. To surrender to Him, by a ceaseless remembrance of His name and His glory, is to enjoy immortal bliss and peace. Mother, He is the sole doer. We are merely instruments. We are the children; He is our Divine Mother. We are His and He is ours, for ever and for ever. Being born of Him, we are one with Him. We live in Him; He lives in us. He and we mingle indistinguishably; and we are all He, the Supreme, the One Eternal Reality."
- Swami Ramdas

Anandashram

Jan 27, 2012, 12:25:34 AM1/27/12
to googlegroups
"To exploit to the full the immortal joy which is ever within us, is the sole object of life. This immortal joy is Sri Ram. To constantly remember Him by repeating His name, is to merge in this bliss. The universe is but an expression of Him. He is all. The idea of an individual 'I' is utterly false."
- Swami Ramdas

Anandashram

Jan 26, 2012, 5:05:28 AM1/26/12
to googlegroups
"Every morning birds in their sweet charming notes are sending forth a warm tribute to the bounteous Deity, for the manifold gifts He is showering on us all, out of His unbounded love and kindness."
- Swami Ramdas