AmsterdamJS X-Mas Special!

Mike de Boer

Nov 22, 2010, 5:11:47 AM11/22/10
to amster...@googlegroups.com
Sound Commercial? Check again.

Hi all,

I just opened up the Lanyrd page for our next meetup at December 14th!

As you can see, there are NO talks scheduled yet, the crew consists of two guys (I appointed you, Oleg, as co-organiser... if you don't mind :-P ) and there are two attendants who identified themselves.

What I need from y'all is to go over to Lanyrd and add yourself as attendee! You can also register as speaker, but in that case it would be nice to also specify a cool subject for a talk.

Discussion is open for the location and sponsor for the upcoming AmsterdamJS; suggestions, please!

I will try and ask if PPK and Paul Bakaus are interested in coming over to give a talk. I met them in Brighton during Full Frontal and had great fun. And beers.

Speaking of which (beers), I also attended AsyncJS - the JS meetup group in Brighton - to do a talk about Cloud9 and that was great fun. They host the group once a month in a co-working space, really nice atmosphere!
I'll tell you more about it at December the 14th.

Looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Mike.

Alexander Fritze

Nov 23, 2010, 2:59:39 AM11/23/10
to amsterdam-js
Hi guys,

Would you be interested in a talk about Stratified JavaScript? It's an
extension to JS for concurrent programming, implemented as a small,
cross-browser, MIT-licensed lib - see http://onilabs.com/docs .

Cheers,
Alex

Eddy Bruël

Nov 23, 2010, 3:15:44 AM11/23/10
to amster...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Sounds very interesting to me!

Regards,

Eddy

Fabian Jakobs

Nov 23, 2010, 4:32:54 AM11/23/10
to amster...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Alexander Fritze <al...@onilabs.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Would you be interested in a talk about Stratified JavaScript? It's an
> extension to JS for concurrent programming, implemented as a small,
> cross-browser, MIT-licensed lib - see http://onilabs.com/docs .

Absolutely!

Mike de Boer

Nov 23, 2010, 5:01:11 AM11/23/10
to amster...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

To be honest: 'Stratified JS' and 'Apollo' did ring a bell for me, but your website is beautiful and explains the concepts very well! It left me intrigued and wanting to learn more about it :)

Would you like to add your talk as a session on Lanyrd (http://lanyrd.com/2010/amsterdamjs-x-mas-special/) ?

Btw, is Oni based in Adam, or somewhere else, because you name doesn't 'seem' Dutch?

Thanks for volunteering!

Cheers,

Mike.

Alexander Fritze

Nov 23, 2010, 8:15:02 AM11/23/10
to amster...@googlegroups.com
Great, I've added the talk to Lanyrd. Looking forward to my first
amsterdam-js meeting :-)

As for our location, I'm based in Den Haag, and Tom, my Oni Labs
partner-in-crime, is in Antwerp. So we're both "from the neighbourhood".

Thanks for having us!

Cheers,
Alex

Mike de Boer

Dec 10, 2010, 6:00:20 AM12/10/10
to amster...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Only a couple of days to go until we get to hear some awesome talks at our first X-Mas Special! Ooooh man, I'm excited :D

Couple of household-thingies:

- Location, location, location... who has a super-bright idea which place in Amsterdam would be most fitting for our last meetup of the year? We can always use the Ajax.org offices as backup, but that might get a bit boring and might not be big enough this time around...
- Whom of you has the skill of brewing an awesome Glühwein? <-- glancing with great anticipation to our German friends :)
- What do you guys think about holding the meetup on Wednesday the 15th, instead of Tuesday the 14th? If we do that, Peter van der Zee (@kuvos) can also join us to talk about 'his' JS1K X-Mas Special... if you all want to hear about it, then we should move the meetup so that Peter can join in!

That's it! I hope you all are just as enthusiastic about this meetup as I am!

Cheers,

Mike.

On 23 nov 2010, at 14:15, Alexander Fritze wrote:

> Great, I've added the talk to Lanyrd. Looking forward to my first amsterdam-js meeting :-)
>
> As for our location, I'm based in Den Haag, and Tom, my Oni Labs partner-in-crime, is in Antwerp. So we're both "from the neighbourhood".
>
> Thanks for having us!
>
> Cheers,
> Alex
>
> On 23. Nov2010, at 11:01 , Mike de Boer wrote:
>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> To be honest: 'Stratified JS' and 'Apollo' did ring a bell for me, but your website is beautiful and explains the concepts very well! It left me intrigued and wanting to learn more about it :)
>>

>> Would you like to add your talk as a session on Lanyrd (http://lanyrd.com/2010/amsterdamjs-x-mas-special/) ?

Tim Molendijk

Dec 10, 2010, 7:16:18 AM12/10/10
to amster...@googlegroups.com
15th would be just as fine as 14th by me.

Peter van der Zee

Dec 10, 2010, 7:28:42 AM12/10/10
to amsterdam-js
I'd love to join but as I said, you shouldn't move the date if it
prevents other people from joining (who otherwise would have). Also,
what kind of talk would you like to see? Show random cool demo's or
give some insights into usable minification techniques? I have a
feeling most of us will have seen the cool demo's already so it would
feel like a redundant presentation (but if that's what you guys want,
sure :).

- peter

On 10 dec, 13:16, Tim Molendijk <t...@timmolendijk.nl> wrote:
> 15th would be just as fine as 14th by me.

Alexander Fritze

Dec 10, 2010, 8:30:02 AM12/10/10
to amster...@googlegroups.com
I can do either 14th or 15th. No preference really. How about making a doodle poll (http://doodle.com/) ?

Cheers,
Alex

Fabian Jakobs

Dec 10, 2010, 9:10:16 AM12/10/10
to amster...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

>  - Location, location, location... who has a super-bright idea which place in Amsterdam would be most fitting for our last meetup of the year? We can always use the Ajax.org offices as backup, but that might get a bit boring and might not be big enough this time around...
>  - Whom of you has the skill of brewing an awesome Glühwein? <-- glancing with great anticipation to our German friends :)

I will bring one or two bottles from Germany but it will probably not
enough for everyone. I just need a pot and a cooking plate and a bunch
of cups.

>  - What do you guys think about holding the meetup on Wednesday the 15th, instead of Tuesday the 14th? If we do that, Peter van der Zee (@kuvos) can also join us to talk about 'his' JS1K X-Mas Special... if you all want to hear about it, then we should move the meetup so that Peter can join in!

Moving it to Wednesday is fine with me given that PPK is able to do
his talk on Wednesday as well.

> That's it! I hope you all are just as enthusiastic about this meetup as I am!

YES

Fabian

Julio Javier Cicchelli

Dec 10, 2010, 9:31:25 AM12/10/10
to amster...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm ok for the 15th.

Mike de Boer

Dec 10, 2010, 9:38:01 AM12/10/10
to amster...@googlegroups.com
I just created a Doodle on the vote for Wed 15th:

Vote plz!

Cheers,

Mike.

Peter van der Zee

Dec 12, 2010, 5:07:06 PM12/12/10
to amsterdam-js
Since I'm leaving for Sweden tomorrow (Monday), to return on
Wednesday, what's it gonna be? It's no problem creating slides on the
plane, but I have to decide whether I'll be home for supper or...
not :)

- peter

On Dec 10, 3:38 pm, Mike de Boer <i...@mikedeboer.nl> wrote:
> I just created a Doodle on the vote for Wed 15th:
>
> http://doodle.com/v4vwz76p64e3nwx3
>
> Vote plz!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike.
>
> On 10 dec 2010, at 15:31, Julio Javier Cicchelli wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
>
> > I'm ok for the 15th.
>
> > Rock On!
> > Javier.-
>
> > --
> > Software Engineer ~ Rock & Code
> > T. +31207790273
> > M. +31611519588
> > W.http://rock-n-code.com
> > G.http://github.com/mr-rock
> > T.http://twitter.com/monsieur_rock
> > L.http://www.linkedin.com/in/javiercicchelli

Mike de Boer

Dec 13, 2010, 10:25:07 AM12/13/10
to amster...@googlegroups.com
Location, Location, Location:

Keizersgracht 241-3
1017 EA Amsterdam

Same as last time, now WITH beamer (I hope ;) )!

Thanks all for filling in the Doodle... now I at least know for sure that tomorrow really is the best day for our X-Mas Special.

Note on costs: as with all previous meetups, I estimate the cost at 5 euros per person. Please be aware of this, since we do not have a sponsor (yet) and I'll come by each and every one of you holding up my hands as cup... for the poor ;-)
Oh well, it's JUST five euros, just give your grandma-in-law a less expensive x-mas present this year!

See you all there!

Cheers,

Mike.