Musea E-mail Club #277 Art Work #2,300

musea/Tom Hendricks

Mar 16, 2005, 12:48:40 PM3/16/05
On March 7th, I did my 2,300th art work - I catalogue all
of them to keep a record of my work.

This one began as drawing #2269 "Tom as Clown
Napoleon", a quick drawing showing me in a pierrot type
costume with a napoleon type hat - a mix of fun and
homage to Picasso's pierrot paintings.

You can see it (though computers don't do drawings justice)
in the Feb issue of Musea. Start here,
.Musea - Newdex our contents page,
then click on Feb issue. Then go almost all the
way to the bottom, on the right.

I made a copy of the drawing, then colored it with colored
pencils. The hat, and the buttons a rich navy blue, the
background a number of bright shades of yellow, and the
costume white with just a hint of pastel green.
I colored the face flesh color with a more redish cast
on the ears, nose, and shadows on the skin.
Take a look at the drawing, imagine the colors and see what you
think.

______
I'm getting a thousand visits a day on the Musea website.
Thanks to all for visiting. Others I welcome you to come by
and take a look. There's a lot to see.

Tom Hendricks, ed. of Musea
the 13 year old monthly art/media zine.
http://musea.digitalchainsaw.com
http://www.hunkasaurus.com

musea/Tom Hendricks

Mar 16, 2005, 1:09:21 PM3/16/05
musea/Tom Hendricks wrote:
> On March 7th, I did my 2,300th art work - I catalogue all
> of them to keep a record of my work.
>
> This one began as drawing #2269 "Tom as Clown
> Napoleon", a quick drawing showing me in a pierrot type
> costume with a napoleon type hat - a mix of fun and
> homage to Picasso's pierrot paintings.
>
> You can see it (though computers don't do drawings justice)
> in the Feb issue of Musea. Start here,
> .Musea - Newdex our contents page,
> then click on Feb issue. Then go almost all the
> way to the bottom, on the right.
>
> I made a copy of the drawing, then colored it with colored
> pencils. The hat, and the buttons a rich navy blue, the
> background a number of bright shades of yellow, and the
> costume white with just a hint of pastel green.
> I colored the face flesh color with a more redish cast
> on the ears, nose, and shadows on the skin.
> Take a look at the drawing, imagine the colors and see what you
> think.

I wanted to add this to the e-mail club message.
Anyone who would like a sample of my art
(and you can even suggest the kind,
landscape, still life, portrait, abstract, etc.)
Send me an SASE and I'll send you a copy of
something in either b/w or color.

(address on the website, or in Musea, or
e-mail me)