FOOT-COME BACK!!!!

sun...@imap1.asu.edu

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
March 22, 1996

Dear Mr. Foot,

Everytime I tune into my news group I begin the process of killing
those threads that complicate my life. After I have deleted everything
about the Christian named Chris who is a red-haired, harvard arian that's
related to Sabsa and wishes to remain anon, I then begin looking at what
is left. When I read what is left, I find virtually no posts from you.

Am I tuning into the wrong news group? Should I be reading

alt.therapy.legal?

I used to have this rather warm vision of you somewhere up
north. Surrounded by space heaters, drinking tea, perusing numerous books
that challenge the depths of our soul and invite us to awaken. Visions
of a gentler and kinder Foot.

In the last few weeks I have this new vision of Foot. In some
rather large computerized courtroom. With a mouse permanently attached
to his hand. A mouse gone wild in the hands of a madman. Hair unkept.
Socks don't match. Doing some bizarre new self-style of yoga. Throwing his
zafu at his computer screen. Banging his head against his Thomas Merton
poster in a futile last effort to reduce stress.

NOT A PRETTY PICTURE.
GOOD GOD FOOT -- COME BACK TO US!!!

:-),

Sunny

Steven A. Lightfoot

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96
On Mar 22, 1996 20:06:10 in article <FOOT-COME BACK!!!!>,

Any subjective picture of the objective world (self and others) you have of
even yourself is equally as fantastic as these pictures you have of me.
The 'self' which creates those pictures of an "objective" reality, which
others should give heed to and perhaps (it is hinted) respond to, is itself
extant as Buddha Nature.

The past consists of views of these subjective *objectivacations*
(filters) as does the future and even the ever changing present. These
ever changing pictures (thoughts) give us the sense of time which we then
*sense* we are 'trapped' in (birth-life-death). This illusion of time is
also held in that substance we call Buddha Nature as is any illusory
picture which tells us that 'we' are beyond time.

Who is reading this, responding to it with dualistic colorings, and then
contemplating their responses, is the personal Creator men have been
seeking
through the ages. They have been seeking themselves thinking IT was other.

What does the breath hold and why is it so important when coming into the
body and going out of the body? Why is our *inspiration* into this body
such a celebration and our *expiration* out of this body such a drag.
Birth is painful and yet we celebrate this, while leaving this body is the
end of suffering yet we fear and mourn our death. Would it not make more
sense to cry and wail at births and celebrate deaths or do we in fact do a
little of both at each?

Here's a picture. Everyone at Kennedy's funeral outwardly mourning his
loss while also inwardly celebrating that at least *something happened* to
cause us to express ourselves in some meaningful way and for a moment get
out of our small insignificant lives.

What did you expect from a contemplative?

With Love and Affection
Foot

toan

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
Steven A. Lightfoot (fo...@usa.pipeline.com) writes:
> .. stuff cut ...>

> What does the breath hold and why is it so important when coming into the
> body and going out of the body? Why is our *inspiration* into this body
> such a celebration and our *expiration* out of this body such a drag.
> Birth is painful and yet we celebrate this, while leaving this body is the
> end of suffering yet we fear and mourn our death. Would it not make more
> sense to cry and wail at births and celebrate deaths or do we in fact do a
> little of both at each?

>... stuff cut ..>

> With Love and Affection
> Foot

Thank you. That is one of the best examples I have read of why the
rational mind is such a feeble guide to life and to living.

The smallest glimpse of blue sky and the lightest touch of summer
breeze can ease years of labored toil.

Yet too, bitterness can so grab the heart as to wring all joy like acid
drops from your soul.

What a simple choice for the rational mind! Yet how often are the
bitter drops chosen as the correct, the just, or the expedient way.

Is 'returning to the mind of a child,' really but a return to the
sensible judgement that joy is better than sorrow? That living
transcends judging?

stop light, white-limned clouds,
peach-blossom breeze tug at shirt;
motorcade screams through

toan

Steven A. Lightfoot

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
On Mar 25, 1996 06:31:15 in article <Re: FOOT-COME BACK!!!!>,

'to...@objectime.on.ca (toan)' wrote:

>Steven A. Lightfoot (fo...@usa.pipeline.com) writes:
>> .. stuff cut ...>
>
>> What does the breath hold and why is it so important when coming into
the
>> body and going out of the body? Why is our *inspiration* into this
body
>> such a celebration and our *expiration* out of this body such a drag.
>> Birth is painful and yet we celebrate this, while leaving this body is
the
>> end of suffering yet we fear and mourn our death. Would it not make
more
>> sense to cry and wail at births and celebrate deaths or do we in fact do
>> little of both at each?
>
>>... stuff cut ..>
>> With Love and Affection
>> Foot
>>

>Thank you. That is one of the best examples I have read of why the
>rational mind is such a feeble guide to life and to living.

You must understand that I am a contemplative and not seeking to believe
any truth you or anyone else may believe to be the only possibility. My
whole point is that everything is not as it seems necessarily. Do you have
another possibility you would like me to ponder?

>The smallest glimpse of blue sky and the lightest touch of summer
>breeze can ease years of labored toil.

Yes, one endless moment can replace the pain of an eternity of pain and
suffering.

>Yet too, bitterness can so grab the heart as to wring all joy like acid
>drops from your soul.

There are those things that are beyond our control because of our place in
our own development.

>What a simple choice for the rational mind! Yet how often are the
>bitter drops chosen as the correct, the just, or the expedient way.

I give up, how often. How many beans are in the jar?

>Is 'returning to the mind of a child,' really but a return to the
>sensible judgement that joy is better than sorrow?

Is it otherwise? The point to keep in mind is that htere is much suffering
that is self induced and justified because it is Human to see things that
way.

That living transcends judging?

Depends, sometimes yes, sometimes no. There is more to the whole than
meets the eye in any one sentence or post. What's your point? Is your
attitude that there is more to it than what I have said. If you say so and
if you add that your view is greater than mine, have you not split the
issue yourself for the purpose of proposing a higher truth as opposed to a
question of just another way of looking at things that we take for granted.
Fess us my boy, you are either telling me that You are enlightened and
have better questions for everyone at large or you are saying that I am
unenlightened and you don't need to make any real effort to refute what I
have brought into question. Which is it?

> stop light, white-limned clouds,
> peach-blossom breeze tug at shirt;
> motorcade screams through
>
>Listening to the whir of the computer
Listening to politics in the background
Right hand getting tired
Mind and body stimulated.

Steven A. Lightfoot
>toan

sun...@imap1.asu.edu

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96

:
: What did you expect from a contemplative?
:

March 25, 1996

Dear Meister Eckhart:

How nice of you to respond. Yes indeed, Mr. Foot is still not
back. He has become a contemplative, you know. I fear that he has
joined a rather odd contemplative religious order. A haiku smoking order
who are known to glow in the dark. Walking methodically -- head banging
against the wall. Underneath his robes -- swords-- lots of swords--
double-edge, single edge, broadswords, you name it. Flying thru the air
with a flapping sound. Like a noisy bird going eeee......yah.
(Kind of like the beginning of that James Bond movie where the nun breaks
out of the robes and beats up some guy.)

Did I mention that he was very contemplative? He's been pondering
wearing an eye ring on his 3rd eye, muttering "Is it O.K. with God
if I am a mystical happy guy", but of utmost concern is that he may be
joining the Republican party. His contemplative prayers and devotions
include repeated incantations about Hail! Satan, and something to do with
Alan Keyes and turtle rapists. Some turtle was raped by an old guru at a
speakeasy somewhere. The speakeasy guru was doing a bizarre self style
of yoga which Mr. Foot was seen doing recently. Some downward facing dog
position that whips around into "white crane cooling it's wings" which
brings us back to this whole Arian abuse by White Supremists suit.

ALL I GOTTA SAY IS, RAPE BY AN ARIAN, EVEN A PINCH BY AN ARIAN
WOULD REALLY MAKE ME CROSS!!!!!

I'm on your side brother.
So COME BACK!!! FOOT COME BACK!!!!

With presence,

Sunny

toan

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
Steven A. Lightfoot (fo...@usa.pipeline.com) writes:
> On Mar 25, 1996 06:31:15 in article <Re: FOOT-COME BACK!!!!>,
> 'to...@objectime.on.ca (toan)' wrote:
>

> >Steven A. Lightfoot (fo...@usa.pipeline.com) writes:
> >> .. stuff cut ...>
> >
> >> What does the breath hold and why is it so important when coming into the
> >> body and going out of the body? Why is our *inspiration* into this body
> >> such a celebration and our *expiration* out of this body such a drag.
> >> Birth is painful and yet we celebrate this, while leaving this body is the
> >> end of suffering yet we fear and mourn our death. Would it not make more
> >> sense to cry and wail at births and celebrate deaths or do we in fact do a
> >> little of both at each?
> >
> >>... stuff cut ..>
> >> With Love and Affection
> >> Foot
> >
> >Thank you. That is one of the best examples I have read of why the
> >rational mind is such a feeble guide to life and to living.
>
> You must understand that I am a contemplative and not seeking to believe
> any truth you or anyone else may believe to be the only possibility. My
> whole point is that everything is not as it seems necessarily. Do you have
> another possibility you would like me to ponder?

Yes. I wanted to say something more positive than just that things are
not necessarily as they seem. I wanted to say that at a living level
most people experience life as a strong positive. The 'organismic
valuation,' to use a Rogerian phrase, is most often on the plus side,
and the negativity that swamps people is more likely to come from an
overworked judgement analysis, than from an intrinsic rejection of
living on the physical or essential self level.

> >The smallest glimpse of blue sky and the lightest touch of summer
> >breeze can ease years of labored toil.
>
> Yes, one endless moment can replace the pain of an eternity of pain and
> suffering.
>

> >Yet too, bitterness can so grab the heart as to wring all joy like acid
> >drops from your soul.
>
> There are those things that are beyond our control because of our place in
> our own development.
>

> >What a simple choice for the rational mind! Yet how often are the
> >bitter drops chosen as the correct, the just, or the expedient way.
>
> I give up, how often. How many beans are in the jar?

When the jar is there the jar is full; when the jar is not there the
jar is empty. The number depends upon how big your jar is, doesn't it?.

> >Is 'returning to the mind of a child,' really but a return to the
> >sensible judgement that joy is better than sorrow?
>
> Is it otherwise? The point to keep in mind is that htere is much suffering
> that is self induced and justified because it is Human to see things that
> way.

Clearly people do such things and to forget it is to lose compassion,
but to remember it too clearly is to lose one's sense of humor.

> That living transcends judging?
>
> Depends, sometimes yes, sometimes no. There is more to the whole than
> meets the eye in any one sentence or post. What's your point? Is your
> attitude that there is more to it than what I have said. If you say so and
> if you add that your view is greater than mine, have you not split the
> issue yourself for the purpose of proposing a higher truth as opposed to a
> question of just another way of looking at things that we take for granted.
> Fess us my boy, you are either telling me that You are enlightened and
> have better questions for everyone at large or you are saying that I am
> unenlightened and you don't need to make any real effort to refute what I
> have brought into question. Which is it?

I will cop out and claim I was saying neither. I don't think I can
refute what you've said, for it captures an aspect of our world. But
it doesn't capture the whole of my - nor probably your - world either,
and as such I juxtaposed my statements against yours. I didn't see it
as a contest, nor were we building something together. In essence, my
approach was to treat your statement as a gestalt - a painting, say
- to which I painted my own canvass in response.

It really was a 'thank you,' even though I knew I had expressed it badly.
It caused me to think about the issue, and to find out why I didn't like
what you said. It was fun and sad at the same time.

toan painted his picture
but left granola crumbs on it;
had to sell it as a place mat.

toan

Steven A. Lightfoot

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
On Mar 26, 1996 04:59:24 in article <Re: FOOT-COME BACK!!!!>,

'to...@objective.on.ca (toan)' wrote:

>It really was a 'thank you,' even though I knew I had expressed it badly.
>It caused me to think about the issue, and to find out why I didn't like
>what you said. It was fun and sad at the same time.
>
> toan painted his picture
> but left granola crumbs on it;
> had to sell it as a place mat.
>
>toan

This is fine toan. We're relating about things of interest to us and will
eventually come to some good and funny posts. The best is yet to come.

My question is, "would you choose the sadness if you had a choice or are
you on a Crazy Wisdom view of your life?" Just checking to see if it is
an avoidable sadness or one that gives way to the finding of its source? A
great way to view it I heard a number of years ago. If money can solve it,
it's not a problem. In other words, if you loose a loved one, or a leg, or
an eye, or get thrown in jail, or some such thing happens, then you have a
problem. I think the main point is that ther are a great amount of
problems that we create for ourselves or have created for ourselves and if
we find them and deal with them then the real one's will appear as they
appear and we will deal with them as in whatever way we do according to our
growth and development at the time.

Nothing against emotional suffering, just don't wish to make it a way of
life if I can see another way to go.

Steven A. Lightfoot

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
On Mar 25, 1996 20:01:28 in article <Re: FOOT-COME BACK!!!!>,

I cannot respond for legal reasons.
Foot

P.S.
Just kidding, Just kidding.

Say Sunny, why don't you come on over to my private E-Mail booth and we can
do some serious talking about some of your private business. I'll show you
my secrets if you show me yours. I promise I'll never tell anyone. (I
didn't say everyone).

Guru Busters

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96

For anyone who would like, I am providing e-mails from foot threatening
to make up forged E-mail about me if I did not do what he told me to do.
I am being merciful and excluding the e-mails discussing his private
life, etc. He doesnt deserve it.

Foot, DO NOT come back. How many other people do you want to hurt with
your blackmail and forged e-mails.

sun...@imap1.asu.edu wrote:

: Dear Meister Eckhart:

: With presence,

: Sunny
:

--

***************Stop Abuse By Spiritual Authorities**************
****http://www.halcyon.com/anon: Fallen Guru Homepage****

sun...@imap1.asu.edu

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96

March 27, 1996

Dear Mr. Foot,

It is not unusual to have people show up at your doorstep with
tin cans tied to their ass. At which time it is kind to offer water,
food and a scissors to remove those miserable cans.

It really doesn't matter what the cans are called or where they
came from. Only thing that matters is getting them off the ass.

If a person is unwilling to remove them. If there is not a
moderate willingness to practice with emotional reactions, resistance,
and believed thoughts, rather than dramatizing them -- then that's just
the way it is.

A word of advice if the can doesn't have your name on it
-- don't pick it up!

Don't play with them Foot, it won't do you well.

Gassho

Sunny

Joe Harkness

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
sun...@imap1.asu.edu wrote:
>[...]

> Don't play with them Foot, it won't do you well.

This thread is exactly what Foot wanted. He started off complaining
to Ari about how she was stealing his limelight. Tried to play it
up as a joke, which of course it wasn't. Then he realized
the only way to get the attention he so craved was to go head to
head with HER. And now he's done it. Damn, look at this, he's
even got me analyzing his sorry ego in this very post. I can see
it now already. Soon the daily stats are going to be back to:

Foot go away/come back/shut up/don't move 42

Zen/Buddhism 14

God, sex etc. 21

Ari-we miss you! 3

Joe (Cm'ere lil' Footsie! Cootchy cootchy coo!)