Quake

ladako

Oct 9, 2005, 8:29:00 AM10/9/05
Watching that earthquake over in Pakistan, death toll is far greater than
our hurricanes. Pakistan is asking for assistance. Wonder how Bush & co. are
going to respond? If he wants to be a world leader and show the muslims we
aren't the great satan, he's going to have to cough up, even if it means
more debt.

Dennis

Oct 9, 2005, 9:21:47 AM10/9/05
Yes, it needs to be done but where will the money come from. He has
his allowance and the next president's allowance spent long ago. Before
even the U.S. needed help.
Mother Earth is on a rampage lately for some reason. Maybe she don't
like how things are going...

Shirley (granny)

Oct 9, 2005, 10:18:32 AM10/9/05
He said we were going to send aid.

ladako

Oct 9, 2005, 10:38:05 AM10/9/05
I just saw it on TV. Didn't say how much though. The Pakistanis are kinda
dark though, and muslim, and don't like us. Wonder how he handles that!

"Shirley (granny)" <shirle...@earthlinknospam.net> wrote in message

lgt...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2005, 10:42:39 AM10/9/05
Dennis, I was just thinking the same thing yesterday about the earth
falling apart either from natural occurances or thru man's folly.
Maybe the good Lord is saying if you keep intentionally killing each
other, then I will show you how it's done, by the natural events,
hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquakes.

lgt...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2005, 10:44:43 AM10/9/05
David, I ~think~ I heard we are sending helicopters. I'm sure Pakistan
will accept them and then probably turn around and use them on us!

mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges

Oct 9, 2005, 10:56:13 AM10/9/05
In article <1128868959....@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
lgt...@yahoo.com wrote:

the hurricanes are exacerbated by global warming

but earthquakes in that region are known and ancient hazard
just as they are in japan and california and alaska

this really should be a wake up call for places like tennesse
they will get hit by an earthquake just as bad
and their buildings are as ill-prepared as pakistans were

arf meow arf - dogs and cats living together

if you meet buddha on the usenet
killfile him

ladako

Oct 9, 2005, 11:02:52 AM10/9/05
Only if the radicals get hold of them. :-) That could happen though.

<lgt...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

third-prize Anti-Bush

Oct 9, 2005, 1:17:45 PM10/9/05

"...even if it means more debt."

I agree with Walter Cronkeit. We simply cannot afford more debt. That
lying leader we have always says, "We have money set aside for that
purpose." Al Gore said he would put a lock box aside for Social
Security where it couldn't be touched. I don't think most Americans
realize what Bush has done to us.

Faith Rose's Daddy - Jon (Same daughter, new name!)

Oct 9, 2005, 2:03:05 PM10/9/05
Actually that is what we do for almost every natural disaster somewhere on
this earth.

A few years ago when Iran had that big earthquake, even though they are a
member of the "axis of evil", we were there to provide help.

I suspect that will be no difference yet again. Besides Pakistan is one of
our allies in the WOT, we will be there to help our allies....

"ladako" <lad...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Dennis

Oct 9, 2005, 6:43:35 PM10/9/05
Some don't understand, some agree with him because they feel obligated.
These are the ones that voted for him. I doubt we can get the deficit
back to pre Bush levels within a decade after he's gone.

mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges

Oct 9, 2005, 7:14:13 PM10/9/05
In article <wia2f.8459$zQ3....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"ladako" <lad...@earthlink.net> wrote:

in case you didnt get the news earlier
pakistan is one of our bestest allies

mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges

Oct 9, 2005, 7:29:35 PM10/9/05
In article <13144-434...@storefull-3333.bay.webtv.net>,
Thr...@webtv.net (third-prize Anti-Bush) wrote:

hes doing what republicans have been promising to do for the last twenty years
get the government so burdened by debt
that creditors force it to stop the spending
that voters wont let them stop

voters of course idiotly believe you can cut taxes and increase spending
without any problems

lgt...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2005, 7:36:51 PM10/9/05
meow, I know anyone can come up with a logical explanation for any
event, but I like to think of other reasons than just the logical
ones....

lgt...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2005, 7:38:55 PM10/9/05
meow - if you say so.....how about insurgents from Afghanistan? That
whole area stikns.

mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges

Oct 9, 2005, 8:17:25 PM10/9/05
lgt...@yahoo.com wrote:

its like franklin graham saying katerina was gods punishment to new orleans

if you think youre getting backhanded by god
then reconsider how youre living your life

but you dont need a bumch of moralizing do-gooders
trying to use religion to gain political advantage
telling you what a horrible person you must have been

the frustrating thing is most of the death is human caused

run a city below sea level with inadequate levees where hurricanes land?

the mudslides in central america this week
are worsened by the clear cutting and overcutting of forests
which couldve slowed down the water flow

we know how to make buildings that dont crush occupants
but they didnt build that way in pakistan and kashmir
(see the differences between south asia and japan for comparable shaking)

many of the tsunamis death couldve been prevented
if people had simply known to run the other way
when the tide goes out that far

theres just so many things that could be done that arent
thats one reason why people familar with earthquakes
keep trying to warn the mississippi valley they need earthquake building codes

mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges

Oct 9, 2005, 8:21:39 PM10/9/05
lgt...@yahoo.com wrote:

> meow - if you say so.....how about insurgents from Afghanistan? That
> whole area stikns.

officially pakistan is one of our bestest allies against al qaeda
and musharaf himself has been a frequent assasination target

unofficially bin laden is probably hiding out in northwest pakistan
and some people of the government are sympathetic to him

the people of pakistan tend to vary from more liberal
to pakistani versions of koran thumping rednecks

ladako

Oct 10, 2005, 5:33:42 AM10/10/05
As they say 'shit happens'. No matter what ya do in life, there are risks
and most of these deaths could have been prevented. Looking at it from the
Christian perspective, all the people who died and are true believers, are
now in heaven so we should be happy for them. (Ummmm--- does that make any
sense?)

"mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges"
<mair_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

ladako

Oct 10, 2005, 5:42:50 AM10/10/05

> In article <13144-434...@storefull-3333.bay.webtv.net>,
> Thr...@webtv.net (third-prize Anti-Bush) wrote:
>

> voters of course idiotly believe you can cut taxes and increase spending
> without any problems

And that, in a nutshell, is the problem!

Dennis

Oct 10, 2005, 9:52:02 AM10/10/05
Yes, the good people won in your scenario...