System file checker opens at every startup????

Frank

Jan 17, 2004, 9:40:33 PM1/17/04
W98se,
I have checked msconfig, ran ad aware, checked register run and run once.
Where is this coming from?
Thanks,
Frank L

Bill Watt

Jan 17, 2004, 10:53:43 PM1/17/04

Frank,

From Start > Run enter Msinfo32. Open Software then Startup. That
will tell you what's loading and where it starts from.

Start/Run and enter Sysedit.
Config.sys
Autoexec.bat
Win.ini file under [Windows] load= and run= lines.
System.ini under [386nh]

C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

REGISTRY RUN STARTUP PROGRAMS
If you are comfortable using Regedit look at these keys in the
Registry:
HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

Regards,

Bill Watt
Computer Help and Information http://home.epix.net/~bwatt/
E-mail address is fake to minimize spam.

Frank

Jan 18, 2004, 12:32:51 AM1/18/04
Thanks Bill, I'll take a look and post my findings
Frank

"Bill Watt" <nob...@epix.net> wrote in message