Significane of jordan almonds

LadyJane

Mar 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/11/98

I THINK I read somewhere that the sugared almonds are supposed to
represent marriage?? Something about the bitter nut for bad times and
the sugar for the good times?? Also, I THINK I read that 5 almonds are
usually wrapped to signify something like health, happiness, love,
fertility, long life???? Anyone have a clever way of saying all this as
I'd like to explain the significance of the favor?? Thanx...

[Yahoudi]

Mar 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/11/98

LadyJane (218j...@netrax.net) wrote:
: I THINK I read somewhere that the sugared almonds are supposed to

I'm not the world's greatest poet, but how about something like
this printed on a card tied to each favor:

Five candied almonds for each guest to eat
To remind us that life is both bitter and sweet
Five wishes they hold for the new man and wife:
Love, happiness, health, children, and a long life!

(Bride's Name and Groom's Name, Date of Wedding here)

Jill

Shawna

Mar 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/11/98

[Yahoudi] <yah...@eagle.cc.ukans.edu> wrote in article
<6e6q24$r43$1...@news.cc.ukans.edu>...

> I'm not the world's greatest poet, but how about something like
> this printed on a card tied to each favor:
>
> Five candied almonds for each guest to eat
> To remind us that life is both bitter and sweet
> Five wishes they hold for the new man and wife:
> Love, happiness, health, children, and a long life!
>
> (Bride's Name and Groom's Name, Date of Wedding here)
>

> Jill

I'm incredibly impressed!!! You really didn't copy that out of something?

--Shawna Winn
Sil...@goplay.com

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly" --Rose
Franken

[Yahoudi]

Mar 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/11/98

Shawna (Sil...@goplay.com) wrote:
: [Yahoudi] <yah...@eagle.cc.ukans.edu> wrote in article

: <6e6q24$r43$1...@news.cc.ukans.edu>...
: > I'm not the world's greatest poet, but how about something like
: > this printed on a card tied to each favor:
: >
: > Five candied almonds for each guest to eat
: > To remind us that life is both bitter and sweet
: > Five wishes they hold for the new man and wife:
: > Love, happiness, health, children, and a long life!
: >
: > (Bride's Name and Groom's Name, Date of Wedding here)

: I'm incredibly impressed!!! You really didn't copy that out of something?

I really didn't copy that out of something...I'm just a frustrated
greeting-card-poet wannabe! (Hallmark, are you listening????)

Jill

LeeEtta66

Mar 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/12/98

Jordan almonds are an Italian tradition. 3 are put in tulle to symbolize the
bride and groom and a baby that is a result of their union. The almonds were
coated so they wouldn't turn rancid.

[Yahoudi]

Mar 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/13/98

LadyJane (218j...@netrax.net) wrote:
: I THINK I read somewhere that the sugared almonds are supposed to
: represent marriage?? Something about the bitter nut for bad times and
: the sugar for the good times?? Also, I THINK I read that 5 almonds are
: usually wrapped to signify something like health, happiness, love,
: fertility, long life???? Anyone have a clever way of saying all this as
: I'd like to explain the significance of the favor?? Thanx...

Was looking at Bliss E-Zine today (www.blissezine.com), and
there is an article on wedding favors, inclucing the traditional
Italian favor with Jordan almonds. (It's a "sponsored" article,
meaning that at some point there's an add for a vendor selling
wedding favors, but it's still an interesting article!)

The only thing different is that it says that the five
almonds represent health, happiness, wealth (not love!), fertility,
and long life.

Just thought I'd pass this on!

Jill