OT: Long Shot, Looking 4

Redman

Mar 11, 2009, 7:46:50 AM3/11/09
Does anyone have or can point me in the right direction a cable that I can
plug into my PC to allow me to attach a Xbox Memory Card as I need to use it
for SoftModding my xbox? Got a mem card but no way of getting the files onto
it unless I can use a m8's already chipped xbox, he has XBMC on it installed
thru Slayers 2.7 installer. Looking for any info

TIA

Redman

char

Mar 11, 2009, 8:18:46 AM3/11/09

Hi Redman

Did the ndure softmod technique not work for you?..

Char

Redman

Mar 11, 2009, 8:51:33 AM3/11/09

"char" <ch...@no.effing.spam> wrote in message

No m8 I can't get the EEPROM out of the locked hdd, can't seem to unlock the
bloody thing either, I've tried FTP'ing without success, it's the bog
standard green MS Dash, so I got myself a mem card without realising I
needed a cable/adapter. So I was kinda hoping I could use a m8's chipped
xbox to make the mem card for my xbox.

Redman

Mark

Mar 12, 2009, 10:50:51 PM3/12/09

"Redman" <redma...@btinternet.com> wrote in message
It's ages since I did mine, but I think I got mine unlocked by copying a
music track onto the standard dash, playing it for a few seconds and then
pausing it. Do the hot swap then and it should be unlocked. I did my nephews
the same way, though I think it took a couple of tries.
cheers
Mark

Redman

Mar 13, 2009, 3:21:58 AM3/13/09

"Mark" <ma...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

Tried that last night with my m8's chipped xbox, played the track, did the
hotswap thing and I read you should get an error 21 if memory serves me
correctly but it just froze. I did read somewhere else that you can do the
hotswap with a PC, I might give that a try. I was also given the suggestion
of FTP'ing into my m8's xbox and putting all the required softmod files on
his hdd and copying them back to the mem card but not sure if that would
work

Redman