Bumper Stickers

Alfred Albiston

May 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/17/96

In Richmond the other day, I saw a bumper sticker:

Don't Blame Me, I voted for Jeff Davis.

This started me thinking about other bumper stickers for awcu:

Let me tell you about platoon bridges.

U. S. "I cruise without booze" Grant

Don't blame me, I voted for McClelland

This truck guarded by a 2/4

Longstreet, Where were you at Gettysburg?

I brake for minnie balls

Where the hell is Fort Sumter anyway?

Well, I am sure you get the idea.

Cheers to all,

Al

Mark T Pitcavage

May 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/17/96

In article <1996May17.0...@leo.vsla.edu>,

This is sheer Pitcavage-bait.

How about:

Mothers Against Frontal Assaults
My Other Corps Commander is Reynolds
My Child is a Standard-Bearer in the Iron Brigade
I'm a Copperhead and I vote!
Secessionists for Pro-Choice
I Lost Mit Sigel

Tennessee Reb

May 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/18/96

On May 17, 1996 01:18:20 in article <Bumper Stickers>,

'aalb...@leo.vsla.edu (Alfred Albiston)' wrote:

>This truck guarded by a 2/4

I'll buy one of these. Suggest you customize them,
e.g. "This Cadillac Guarded by a 2x4". Not all
crackers drive a truck, ya know...

T. Reb

Ed Jackson

May 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/19/96

If you're really into Southern history, you might appreciate seeing these
on the car in front of you:

"John C. Calhoun: Man Most Likely to Secede"
"Zouaves: Real Men Don't Wear Grey"
Robert Toombs: "I'm Sorry"

Ed Jackson

Lynn Berkowitz

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

On 17 May 1996 18:23:40 GMT, mpit...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Mark
T Pitcavage) wrote:

:This is sheer Pitcavage-bait.
:
:)
:How about:
:
GEORGIA FIRST -- We'll lay waste the other states later
I Propose to Move Immediately Upon Your Breastworks
My child is a Newmarket Veteran from VMI
WE WANT EMANCIPATION NOW!!
YANKEE GO HOME
I Brake For Bummers
Lynn Berkowitz lynn...@ix.netcom.com
"When my ancestors were receiving the Ten Commandments from the
immediate hand of Deity, amidst the thunderings and lightnings
of Mt. Sinai, the ancestors of my opponent were wearing animal
skins & blue paint in the forests of Great Britain."
-- Judah P. Benjamin

Mark T Pitcavage

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

In article <319feba9...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>,

Lynn Berkowitz <lynn...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>On 17 May 1996 18:23:40 GMT, mpit...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Mark
>T Pitcavage) wrote:
>
>:This is sheer Pitcavage-bait.
>:
> :)
>:How about:
>:
>GEORGIA FIRST -- We'll lay waste the other states later
>I Propose to Move Immediately Upon Your Breastworks
>My child is a Newmarket Veteran from VMI
>WE WANT EMANCIPATION NOW!!
>YANKEE GO HOME
>I Brake For Bummers

Or

If You Don't Like My Foraging Call 1-800-SHERMAN

James F. Epperson

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

Cump Happens

:-)

JFE

Mark T Pitcavage

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.960520094119.19422B-100000@s10>,
James F. Epperson <eppe...@math.uah.edu> wrote:

>Cump Happens
>
>:-)
>

>JFE

You're back! I hope the rest of your trip went well...?

Brian Blakistone

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

mpit...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Mark T Pitcavage) wrote:

>Mothers Against Frontal Assaults
>My Other Corps Commander is Reynolds
>My Child is a Standard-Bearer in the Iron Brigade
>I'm a Copperhead and I vote!
>Secessionists for Pro-Choice
>I Lost Mit Sigel

These were great!

McClellan's car:
I brake for rumors.

Sherman:
Warning, this army conducts wide right flanking maneuvers.
Danger, inflammable substance on board.

Forrest:
Yes, as a matter of fact, I do own the whole damned battlefield!
Hell on hooves.

Brian

Scott Marsden

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

jac...@igs.cviog.uga.edu (Ed Jackson) wrote:

>"John C. Calhoun: Man Most Likely to Secede"
>"Zouaves: Real Men Don't Wear Grey"
>Robert Toombs: "I'm Sorry"

Oh how about:

"Help Preston Brooks: Support the March of Canes"

efr...@cc.memphis.edu

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.960520094119.19422B-100000@s10>, "James F. Epperson" <eppe...@math.uah.edu> writes:

> Cump Happens

Ouch.

I Brake for Bushwhackers

Don't Blame Me--I Voted For Breckenridge

If You're Close Enough To Read This Then
Obviously You're A White Southerner With
A CSA Battleflag On The Grille Of Your Semi.

Ed "Fergit, Hell!... Ooops, already used" Frank

RStacy2229

May 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/21/96

In article <319feba9...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>, lynn...@ix.netcom.com
(Lynn Berkowitz) writes:

>How about:
>:
>GEORGIA FIRST -- We'll lay waste the other states later

By the way, are y'all carpetbaggers through with us yet? Might we convince
you to go pave some other previously-livable community now? Madison,
Wisc., perhaps?
Robert Stacy McCain
Rome GA -- Please don't send Sherman back here!

RStacy2229

May 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/21/96

I'd rather be wenching in the quarters

or

Have you whipped your slaves today?

RStacy2229

May 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/21/96

WAIT, NOW I'VE GOT IT:

My Yankee ancestor subjugated an entire region and
all I got was this lousy bumper sticker!

Dave Smith

May 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/21/96

mpit...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Mark T Pitcavage) wrote:

mostly snipped

>I'm a Copperhead and I vote!

or
Copperheads Are Snakes in the Grass!
Dave Smith Always Store Beer in a Dark Place
Villa Hills, Ky -- Lazarus Long
url http://users.aol.com/dmsmith001/
url http://users.aol.com/CintiCWRT/

Southern Witch

May 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/21/96

"Friends Don't Let Friends Drive on Richmond"

"South Carolina Is For Looters"

Kathie Fraser
"The South is a land that has known sorrows...a land of legend,
a land of song, a land of hallowed and heroic memories."
--Edward Ward Carmack

Mark T Pitcavage

May 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/22/96

In article <kfraser-2105...@as7s49.erols.com>,

Southern Witch <kfr...@erols.com> wrote:
>"Friends Don't Let Friends Drive on Richmond"
>
>"South Carolina Is For Looters"

Those are some good ones!

David Middleton

May 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/22/96

In article <4npseo$d...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>,

mpit...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Mark T Pitcavage) wrote:

> In article <319feba9...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>,
> Lynn Berkowitz <lynn...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> >On 17 May 1996 18:23:40 GMT, mpit...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Mark

> >T Pitcavage) wrote:
> >
> >:This is sheer Pitcavage-bait.
> >:
> > :)

> >:How about:

> >:
> >GEORGIA FIRST -- We'll lay waste the other states later

> >I Propose to Move Immediately Upon Your Breastworks
> >My child is a Newmarket Veteran from VMI
> >WE WANT EMANCIPATION NOW!!
> >YANKEE GO HOME
> >I Brake For Bummers
>
> Or
>
> If You Don't Like My Foraging Call 1-800-SHERMAN

Nice one Mark!

"My other car is a 4 horse team, caisson and 12 pounder!"
"Seccession: Back by popular demand."
"

--
Dave "Neo-Copperhead" Middleton <dm...@ctp.com>

James F. Epperson

May 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/22/96

I hope someone is archiving the better bumper sticker comments for future
reference and amusement. So far my favorites (I haven't seen them all,
being out of town) were Kathie's "South Carolina is for looters" and
Chuck TB's "How's my foraging? Call 1-800-SHERMAN." And, of course, my
own "Cump Happens."

JFE

Mark T Pitcavage

May 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/22/96

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.960522132255.17490A-100000@zonker>,

That's mine, not Chuck's!!!!!!

Yuko...@concentric.net

May 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/22/96

aalb...@leo.vsla.edu (Alfred Albiston) wrote:

>In Richmond the other day, I saw a bumper sticker:

>Don't Blame Me, I voted for Jeff Davis.

If you have a good idea for a bumper sticker talk to Addison Jessup at
Jessup's Mercantile at the next reenactment you go to. If Addison
likes it he will have it made. Sulter's are always looking for new
idea's so talk to your local sulter about it. Jessup's Mercantile
also have the largest selection around for bumper stickers as well.

Who do you think had this bumper sticker made??

>Don't Blame Me, I voted for Jeff Davis.

Hint: Addison Jessup

Kris Overstreet

May 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/22/96

American For Now, Southern For Life, Texan Forever

Lee/Jackson in '96... who needs Davis anyway?

This Car Makes Wide Flanking Movements

Oh Look, Here Come Those Damn Yankees Again

Hell With Gettysburg- We Wanted Washington!

or for the non-Southerners present...

I Came South on a U. S. Grant

Father, Let Us be Thankful for the Butt-Whipping We are About to Recieve

That's Mr. Damn Yankee To You

Funny, I Thought _WE_ Won the War

Sherman's Caterers- YOU Bring the Food, WE Bring the Guests

The South Had Beauregard, We Had Butler- Let's Call It Even

My Favorite Fashion Model is Jefferson Davis

Sorry, the Southern Border of the US is NOT the Potomac

and for both sides

Win or Lose- We'll Fight Like Hell

Red White and Blue- Three Things North and South Agree On

The Loser Gets the Indian Territory

(or more modern)

The Loser Gets New Jersey

and one final version, adaptable for North or South

The (Union/Confederate) Army- $13 a Month and All the (Rebels/Yankees) You
Can Shoot

Kris Overstreet

Kris Overstreet

Obligatory web plug:
http://www.txdirect.net/users/redneck

The Redneck Gaijin Art Gallery at:
http://www.txdirect.net/users/redneck/gallery.html

Dennis Maggard

May 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/22/96

aalb...@leo.vsla.edu (Alfred Albiston) wrote:

>In Richmond the other day, I saw a bumper sticker:

>Don't Blame Me, I voted for Jeff Davis.

>This started me thinking about other bumper stickers for awcu:...

Trying avoid duplications....

Save Our Republic, Impeach Roger Taney

I'm Pro-Slavery and I Vote

Bummer on Board

I'd Rather Be Corn Husking

Zouaves Have More Fun

Join the Navy and See the Mississippi (USA)

Join the Navy and See the James (CSA)

Dennis

James F. Epperson

May 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/23/96

OOPS!!!!

[Much shame and embarassment, along with amused wonder at who is most
maligned by the error -- Mark, or Chuck?]

JFE

Dave Smith

May 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/23/96

dmag...@access.digex.net (Dennis Maggard) wrote:

snips

This isn't original, but seems to fit:

"Damn it Nelly, Why Didn't You Marry Hill?"

Dave

Mike Behrent

May 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/24/96

RStacy2229 wrote:

> you to go pave some other previously-livable community now? Madison,
> Wisc., perhaps?
> Robert Stacy McCain
> Rome GA -- Please don't send Sherman back here!

I hate to break this to you but Madison, Wisc. is already pretty well paved.
BTW, don't worry about Sherman. Mr. Peabody has a leash on him <G>.
--
Regards;
Mike Behrent (mbeh...@tpo.org)

SCV-SUVCW, An American Heritage of Honor and Pride

Lynn Berkowitz

May 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/26/96

IMPEACH MARY TODD