Stock trading

ahrv

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
Hi, I have a question about stock trading.

I am working under J-1 visa.
I want to start stock trading on internet. People how working under H-1,
J-1... must work specific company (employer). Still can I buy stock?
Is this kind of job?

ahrv

Ingo

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
It depends. Generally, anybody can invest in the US and get investment
income from the US. That includes tourists, or even people who never
set foot in the US. However, if you plan on daytrading - that is,
spending a considerable amount of time on it - it could be considered
working, rather than a passive investment.

Ingo

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.
For reliable advice, please consult with a
professional immigration attorney.

For further information, check the following
frequently-requested links.

For many questions, you may find answers at
http://travel.state.gov/visa_services.html
(Department of State)

or
http://ins.usdoj.gov (INS).

For consular policies and visa reciprocity fees,
find your consulate in
http://travel.state.gov/links.html

For information on affidavit of support for marriage
to US citizens (I-864), go to
http://travel.state.gov/i864gen.html
and
http://travel.state.gov/checklist.html

For poverty levels, see
http://travel.state.gov/99guidel.html
(Note: poverty levels for 2000 are higher)

For information on H/L/O/P visa extensions at Dept.
of State in St. Louis, MO, see
http://travel.state.gov/revals.html

For non-official information, check:

(When using these sites, and any Web sites, please
watch out for privacy, as I do not know all site
operators.)

http://www.visalaw.com
http://www.shusterman.com
http://www.immigration.com
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall
http://www.murthy.com/
http://www.getusavisa.com
http://gcard.virtualave.net
http://www.jcvisa.com
(H-1B) http://www.h1bresources.com
(marriage and fiancee) http://www.kamya.com/misc/
(marriage and fiancee) http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes

This is not an endorsement of any of these Web sites.
I am not affiliated with any of the Web site owners
and do not receive nor accept payment in return for
listing them, and typically don't even know them.

(if believe you have a good immigration-related Web
site and want your Web site listed here, please
e-mail me).

ahrv

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
>if you plan on daytrading - that is,
>spending a considerable amount of time on it - it could be considered
>working, rather than a passive investment.

This is big problem!!!