U.S. L1 visa + own company

OH1

Feb 8, 2004, 4:56:15 PM2/8/04

I am here in Florida on a 3 years L1 (inter company transferal visa). Am
I allowed to open my own business in the meantime and register a company
in the United States with this visa?

Thanks!

Ingo Pakleppa - see web site for email

Feb 9, 2004, 3:12:57 AM2/9/04
Anybody can open a business in the USA, but in order to actually work for
that business, you need the appropriate work authorization (which is
impossible to get with an L-1. Your L-2 spouse may be able to do it,
though).

As an L-1, you would have to hire somebody to actually run the business
for you.

--
Remember, I am strictly a layperson without any legal training. I encourage
everybody to seek competent legal counsel rather than relying on usenet

Please support H.R. 539, H.R. 832 and S. 1510. More information at
http://www.kkeane.com/lobbyspousal-faq.shtml

Please visit my new FAQ at http://www.kkeane.com (always under construction)

My email address in usenet posts is now invalid for spam protection. See
my Web site for information on how to contact me.

Please feel free to enjoy some of my photographs at my Web site
http://www.ingopakleppa.com ! Comments are welcome.

OH1

Feb 9, 2004, 8:45:29 AM2/9/04

thanks for the advice. my wife is here on a L2 visa and has work
authorization. will try then to open the business and have her running
it, but will check with some laywers before.

OH1

Feb 9, 2004, 2:15:49 PM2/9/04

does anybody know the costs that are involved with registering a
corporation?

thanks!