I-129F Approved at VSC! Medical Exam Now???

aero...@yahoo.com

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
Folks,

I have been out of town on business since yesterday (Tues) afternoon
and only now have been able to get online to report that our I-129 is
approved. VSC moved very very fast!

I only checked the VSC automated system last night for the hell of it --
I never dreamed it would say we were approved because the NOA#1 was
only sent from VSC Friday! Anyway, we are really excited as you can
imagine. See our timeline below for details.

Now, a question: Is it true that my Canadian fiancee can get her
medical done *before* she has anything from the Montreal Consulate? I
believe I have previously read that a copy of our approval notice from
VSC would be adequate to get one of the Toronto doc's to do the
necessary medical and paperwork. Can anyone please confirm??

Steve (Western New York) & Julie (Northern Ontario)

OurTimeline (so far)
=====================
02/22/2000 Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center (VSC) via Express Mail
02/23/2000 VSC "mailroom" receives our package at 1pm
03/03/2000 (According to postmark) VSC sends NOA#1
03/06/2000 NOA#1 received in my mailbox
03/07/2000 VSC Automated System says we're APPROVED!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Rete & Jim

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00

Steve

As long as the doctor is willing to do it, yes she can. She
will need ID, preferrably a passport and bring a copy of the
approval, they might or might not require it, and that should do
it.

She could also attempt to get her police compliance certificate
as well.

Rita

aero...@yahoo.com

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
Thanks, Rita. This is what I was hoping to hear.

Coincidentally, she did go ahead and get her RCMP certificate last
Friday. So, we are going to be in pretty good shape for when the
package from Montreal arrives.

Best regards,