Help! Trying to find an anthology series episode!

go_wid...@hotmail.com

Jan 12, 2005, 1:30:28 PM1/12/05
I was wondering if anybody could help with this..

I just bought the Season 1 Box Set of the 80's Twilight Zone,
and I was looking for a particular episode.

The show involved 3 kids who all got one wish (or something like that)
and one of the kids asked to be able to see through
women's shirts, but then something gets screwed up, then another
kids wishes that he could tell his parents to do anything he
wanted. He tells his mom he wants money for some records
(which means this had to have been an 80's show) and that he
wants pizza for dinner. Then when the kid gets home, his mom
is still sitting on the couch and he realizes that he has to tell
her everything to do in order to make the pizza. (get up, open
the refrigerator, put it in the stove, etc.)

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's not on the Twilight
Zone DVDs, and I checked out TV Tome and looked at the entire
episode list, but I didn't see it. I also checked out the
80's Alfred Hitchcock Presents, but it wasn't there either.
Anyone know at all what am blabbing about? Thanks for any help!

Marci

Jan 12, 2005, 3:45:13 PM1/12/05

You know, this sounds really familiar. One in particular that comes to
mind is the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and Cloris
Leachman.

"Little Anthony Fremont controls an entire town with his ability to read
minds and make people do as he wishes. Which is a real good thing."

Season 3, originally aired Nov 3, 1961. Does this sound familiar?

Darrel.Christenson

Jan 12, 2005, 4:10:18 PM1/12/05
Marci wrote:

> You know, this sounds really familiar. One in particular that comes to
> mind is the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and Cloris Leachman.
>
> "Little Anthony Fremont controls an entire town with his ability to read
> minds and make people do as he wishes. Which is a real good thing."
>
> Season 3, originally aired Nov 3, 1961. Does this sound familiar?

No, I don't think that's it as that's only 1 kid
and the description involves 3 kids...

... but gosh if it doesn't sound famalier too, my
memory is of a color episode and they get their
wishes from a leprechaun though I don't remember
where/how/etc. they found him and I think they
hid him in their treehouse for a while and brought
him a burger and fries to eat and he didn't care
for fast food. hmm...

drc :)

Derek Janssen

Jan 12, 2005, 7:17:33 PM1/12/05
Marci wrote:

> go_wid...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if anybody could help with this..
>>
>> I just bought the Season 1 Box Set of the 80's Twilight Zone,
>> and I was looking for a particular episode.
>>

>> The show involved 3 kids who all got one wish (or something like that)
>> and one of the kids asked to be able to see through
>> women's shirts, but then something gets screwed up, then another
>> kids wishes that he could tell his parents to do anything he
>> wanted. He tells his mom he wants money for some records
>> (which means this had to have been an 80's show) and that he
>> wants pizza for dinner. Then when the kid gets home, his mom
>> is still sitting on the couch and he realizes that he has to tell
>> her everything to do in order to make the pizza. (get up, open
>> the refrigerator, put it in the stove, etc.)
>>
>> Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's not on the Twilight
>> Zone DVDs, and I checked out TV Tome and looked at the entire
>> episode list, but I didn't see it.
>

> You know, this sounds really familiar. One in particular that comes to
> mind is the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and Cloris Leachman.

I am a Twilight Zone:Classic fan (just got the boxset), and I am
stopping this branch of the discussion right now:
<Ralph Kramden mode> Out!....OUT!!

And even though I'm not up on 80's+ TZ, I know that Harlan's Folly was
WAYYYY too humorless and pretentious to be in the category described,
the 90's Strazcynski version was too foggy, and that short-lived UPN
burp was too busy doing remakes and sequels.
If it's kid-centric, sounds more like Nick's "Are You Afraid of the
Dark", but since they were never *that* goofy (and plot sounds too
coherent to be "Goosebumps"), I'd try "The Zack Files", also on disk.
I don't know that for a fact, but at least I know what series I have
respect for.

(And don't let me catch you round here again.)

Derek Janssen ("It's a Goooo--"...ohhh, I oughta--Bang-ZOOM!)
dja...@charter.net

jjmoreta

Jan 13, 2005, 1:36:48 AM1/13/05

Ding, ding, ding! You are correct. =)

This also sounded REALLY familiar and I found it. You have the right
series and the right season. How many episodes are in that boxset?

from: http://www.tvtome.com/TwilightZone_1985/guide.html

47. The Leprechaun Artist
gs: Bradley Gregg (Richie) Danny Nucci (Buddy)

Vacationing in the United States, an Irish leprechaun is caught by three
boys. To be freed, he must grant them three wishes, one per boy. The
first boy wishes for x-ray vision...which he can't control. The second
wishes for their parents to become totally obedient...and they turn into
useless automatons. The third wishes for a "hot car" and gets a stolen
vehicle. Taking pity on them, the leprechaun grants a final wish that
they didn't get the third wish and leaves them.

b: 21-Feb-1986 pc: 23 s: James Crocker

NOTE: This episode is also known as "Three Irish Wishes".

You know, thinking about this brought back a lot of memories of
anthologies I knew from the 80's and early 90's.

Anthology series I loved:
Amazing Stories
Tales from the Darkside
Monsters
Tales from the Crypt
Night Gallery
Friday the 13th: The Series
Freddy's Nightmares

Anthology movies:
Creepshow 1 & 2
Tales from the Darkside: The Movie
The Willies

- Joanne

Film Buff

Jan 13, 2005, 10:55:50 AM1/13/05
it's on Disc 5 episode 19----------------

go_wid...@hotmail.com

Jan 13, 2005, 5:42:04 PM1/13/05
Boy I feel stupid....I found it last night when I was watching
my TZ DVDs. I have no idea how I missed it. I saw it on the
episode menu and thought, "That's not is it?"

It was. I feel better now. Thanks to everyone for their help!