DVD Rentals in Austin?

Bill LeBlanc

Nov 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/4/97

Anyone know a place to rent DVD's in Austin?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill LeBlanc

Nov 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/4/97

Bill LeBlanc

Nov 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/4/97

Graham Perks

Nov 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/4/97
to Bill LeBlanc

Encore on the SW corner of 183 and Burnet rents and sells DVDs. The
prices to buy aren't great (i.e. full price); the rental is $3.50 for
the evening, and they have quite a selection.
--
Cheers, Graham Perks, posting from Austin, Texas.
I do not speak for any company I might or might not work for!

Bill LeBlanc

Nov 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/4/97

Bill LeBlanc

Nov 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/4/97

John Miles

Nov 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/4/97

You're getting a lot of multiple posts, might check your newsreader
settings. Also, you won't tend to see your own post show up immediately
after you send it on most NNTP servers, in case that's what you're
expecting.

Encore at 183 and Burnet has a few (not a great selection but not
terrible either). SunCoast at Barton Creek Square has quite a few, as
does Video Station up in (I think) Taylor. The best overall selection
in town is probably at the two Best Buy stores, though.

-- jm

Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam

John Miles

Nov 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/5/97

Charles E. Lokey wrote:

> In article <345F95...@pop.removethistomailme.net>,
> Best Buy does not rent DVD.

You're right, my mistake. Didn't notice the 'rentals' word in the
title, sorry.

Video Station does rent them, but they recently closed their shop in
Austin and headed up the Interstate halfway to Temple. That leaves
Encore as the only game in town as far as DVD rental is concerned.

Keep up the good work!

DanW23

Nov 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/5/97

Not true.

There is a Video Rental store in Cedar Park, at the entrance to ButterCup Creek
that rents DVD's. Not a huge selection yet, but they said they are adding
more.

John Miles

Nov 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/5/97

The Cedar Parkers out there would probably resent your implication that
they're in "Austin" :-), but yes, that sounds interesting, what is the
name of the place?