VCD of Phantom Menace?

Sean Duffy

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Does anyone know a place where i will be able to get the Phantom Menace
on VCD

--
Check out my terrible webpage.
http://home.ptd.net/~smd321

Brad Fitzpatrick

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Dumbass.

Even if you COULD, would you WANT to? How could you give up the theatrical
experience for a shitty-VCD-bootleg?

*sigh*

Sean Duffy <smd...@prolog.net> wrote in message

Starman

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
In article <qIvX2.766$Kx1....@nnrp2.ptd.net>, "Sean Duffy"
<smd...@prolog.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know a place where i will be able to get the Phantom Menace
> on VCD

I know where you can get it.

But I won't tell you. Go see it in a THEATER.

Mike

stu...@my-dejanews.com

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
In article <7gmdjo$n5k$1...@nntp1.u.washington.edu>,

"Brad Fitzpatrick" <use...@bradfitz.com> wrote:
> Dumbass.
>
> Even if you COULD, would you WANT to? How could you give up the
theatrical
> experience for a shitty-VCD-bootleg?

Of course you'll be able to. VCD's are usually available 3-5 days after
the cinema release. And only an idiot would watch a (probably) great
movie on VCD for the first time. But its handy to look for things you
may have missed in the cinema. And then the next time you pay bicks
bucks for the big experience, you know all the cool bits. Works for me.

> *sigh*
>
> Sean Duffy <smd...@prolog.net> wrote in message

> > Does anyone know a place where i will be able to get the Phantom
> Menace
> > on VCD
> >

> > --
> > Check out my terrible webpage.
> > http://home.ptd.net/~smd321

------ http://www.deja.com/ Discussions * Ratings * Communities ------

TomRipley

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
On Tue, 04 May 1999 05:37:26 GMT, "Sean Duffy" <smd...@prolog.net>
wrote:

> Does anyone know a place where i will be able to get the Phantom Menace
>on VCD

Christ Almighty, get off your ass and go see it in a decent theater.

Tom
--
"I have a very jaundiced view toward most authority. I believe
that as individuals, we're capable of great things, but once there's

Joe

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
wrote:

> Does anyone know a place where i will be able to get the Phantom Menace
>on VCD
>

>--
>Check out my terrible webpage.
>http://home.ptd.net/~smd321

It's not even out yet! Ask again in three weeks ;-)

TODD J PIERCE

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
to Joe
Three weeks. I bet if you went over to the Laserdisc newsgroup, you'd
find it by saturday. There was someone there who used to sell VCDs almost
day and date with major releases. (And no, I never bought anything from
them.) Pretty sure it was a Twaiian address.

UFWalt

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
>Even if you COULD, would you WANT to? How could you give up the theatrical
>experience for a shitty-VCD-bootleg?

Well personally, I'll see it 4 or 5 times in the theater, but then I would like
to watch it at home until the dvd finally comes out. Who the hell said he
wanted to see it first on vcd, or that he wasnt going to see it in the theater
5 times first? Give me a break!

DragunR2

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
> Does anyone know a place where i will be able to get the Phantom Menace
>on VCD

Just ask George Lucas, 20th Century Fox, or the FBI for a copy :-)

But seriously, this isn't even out in theatres yet, so nobody has had the
chance to sneak a camcorder in. Unless some guy in the editing room stole a
print and made a VCD out of it, hehe.

Newspaper headline: "Kids make nutritious snacks."

Remove "bination" to reply.

Peter Fehrs

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
In article <19990505182132...@ng13.aol.com>,
drag...@aol.combination (DragunR2) wrote:

I know of a place that'll be selling it May 20th... WOW

-pete

--
Peter Fehrs
fe...@CUTMEteleport.ANDMEcom

Sinjin

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
Actually it got the full MPEG treatment the day after the press
screening on the 4th. I've found the first 2 of 3 MPG files on
various FTP sites - still looking for #3

rchap...@my-dejanews.com

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
That would be today. Do u know anyone that is selling it? That would
kick ass pending on the quality.

In article <fehrsTHISISTHEPARTYOURSHOULDCUT-0505991820550001@pm2-01-
25.pdx.du.teleport.com>,
fehrsTHISISTHEP...@teleport.com (Peter Fehrs) wrote:
> In article <19990505182132...@ng13.aol.com>,

> drag...@aol.combination (DragunR2) wrote:
>
> > > Does anyone know a place where i will be able to get the
Phantom Menace
> > >on VCD
> >
> > Just ask George Lucas, 20th Century Fox, or the FBI for a copy :-)
> >
> > But seriously, this isn't even out in theatres yet, so nobody has
had the
> > chance to sneak a camcorder in. Unless some guy in the editing
room stole a
> > print and made a VCD out of it, hehe.
> >
> > Newspaper headline: "Kids make nutritious snacks."
> >
> > Remove "bination" to reply.
>

> I know of a place that'll be selling it May 20th... WOW
>
> -pete
>
> --
> Peter Fehrs
> fe...@CUTMEteleport.ANDMEcom
> Remove the CUTME's to respond

jedi-night

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99
i want it anybody know were i can get a copy from please.
Lee