Class Action lawsuit against Movie Industry (was: WS anti advocacy)

1 view

Mikito Harakiri

Apr 25, 2004, 11:32:48 AM4/25/04
On 23 Apr 2004 21:54:40 -0700, mikharaki...@yahoo.com (Mikito
Harakiri) wrote:
> Because of "cinematographer artistic needs" the "Pirates of the
> Caribbean" is avaliable in letterbox only. What consumer can do?
> Boycott it? Boycotting "natural" monopoly would never work, of course.
> Do you really want class action lawyers to step in? Or do prefer
> goverment interference to solve this mess?

I found a lawyer who agreed to handle the case. His name is Tegiri
Nenashi. His previous sucess was a suit against PC display industry.
Remember the times when PC manyfactures inflated monitor diagonal
sizes and suddenly they were have to advertice the "actual size"?

Tegiri advised me to file 2 separate cases:

1. Class Action lawsuit against Movie Industry that keeps producing
films with sickening 2.35:1 aspect ratio, in order to make home
theater movie watching experience worthless.
2. Class Action lawsuit against HDTV standards body that promoted
regressive Widescreen Aspect Ratio. Widescreen Monitors are more
expensive for the consumer who have to pay more $$$ per each Square
Inch of the screen area, compared to Standard 4:3. (The suit is
american, so the units are backward).

I will keep this thread posted about this exciting new development.

Jimbo

Apr 25, 2004, 12:39:07 PM4/25/04
mikharaki...@yahoo.com (Mikito Harakiri) wrote in

"Regressive" will get you jail time in the People's Republic of East
Overshoe, but I don't think it's the correct adjective for widescreen. The
only person who will make any money on this class action is Mr. Nenashi,
and it will come out of your pocket!

-- js

Charles Tomaras

Apr 25, 2004, 1:33:16 PM4/25/04

"Mikito Harakiri" <mikharaki...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On 23 Apr 2004 21:54:40 -0700, mikharaki...@yahoo.com (Mikito
> Harakiri) wrote:
>> Because of "cinematographer artistic needs" the "Pirates of the
>> Caribbean" is avaliable in letterbox only. What consumer can do?
>> Boycott it? Boycotting "natural" monopoly would never work, of course.
>> Do you really want class action lawyers to step in? Or do prefer
>> goverment interference to solve this mess?
>
> I found a lawyer who agreed to handle the case. His name is Tegiri
> Nenashi. His previous sucess was a suit against PC display industry.
> Remember the times when PC manyfactures inflated monitor diagonal
> sizes and suddenly they were have to advertice the "actual size"?

What city is Tegiri Nenashi located in. Could you please post his number or
the name and location of his firm?

21C BBS

Apr 25, 2004, 2:01:18 PM4/25/04
Within these hallowed halls, Mikito Harakiri of
<mikharaki...@yahoo.com> added the following to the collective
conscience:

Oh, you need to add the following newsgroup

alt.lawsuit.frivolous.extreme

Andrew Venor

Apr 25, 2004, 2:04:19 PM4/25/04
Mikito Harakiri wrote:

Talk about frivolous law suits.

So just where is your attorney practicing? Out of curiosity I checked
with the American Bar Association web site and I couldn't an attorney
practicing law under the name Tegiri Nenashi.

ALV

Charles Tomaras

Apr 25, 2004, 3:03:33 PM4/25/04

"Andrew Venor" <alv...@comcast.net> wrote in message

If you do a web search for Nenashi...there is also no mention of any
attorney. You'd think if he had won a big case against the PC display
industry there would be some mention of him. Could be possible that the
current search engines don't list fictitious names? I've lost faith in
Google over this.

luminos

Apr 25, 2004, 3:34:01 PM4/25/04
April Fools was April 1....

Jan Panteltje

Apr 25, 2004, 5:56:34 PM4/25/04
On a sunny day (25 Apr 2004 08:32:48 -0700) it happened

mikharaki...@yahoo.com (Mikito Harakiri) wrote in
<8a529bb.04042...@posting.google.com>:

>1. Class Action lawsuit against Movie Industry that keeps producing
>films with sickening 2.35:1 aspect ratio, in order to make home
>theater movie watching experience worthless.
>2. Class Action lawsuit against HDTV standards body that promoted
>regressive Widescreen Aspect Ratio. Widescreen Monitors are more
>expensive for the consumer who have to pay more $$$ per each Square
>Inch of the screen area, compared to Standard 4:3. (The suit is
>american, so the units are backward).
>
>I will keep this thread posted about this exciting new development.
hmm I know a TV station that broadcasted 4:3 material in 16:9 by
cutting head and feet, I know, because I had the original.
You cannot educate idiots.....

Karyudo

Apr 26, 2004, 1:09:04 AM4/26/04
On 23 Apr 2004 21:54:40 -0700, (Mikito Harakiri) wrote:

>> I found a lawyer who agreed to handle the case.
>> His name is Tegiri Nenashi.

Hmm...

Tegiri: one translation is (literally) "hand cut" -- just the same as
Harakiri means "stomach cut". Coincidence?

Nenashi: literal translation is "no roots" -- like a cut flower.

My conclusion: fake-o-rama. Not as obvious as if the lawyer's name was
Midori Murasaki, but still sounds made up!

@spamcop.net Richard C.

Apr 26, 2004, 10:24:24 AM4/26/04
"Mikito Harakiri" <mikharaki...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
: On 23 Apr 2004 21:54:40 -0700, mikharaki...@yahoo.com (Mikito

==================================
You are truly insane.

Jim Nason

Apr 26, 2004, 10:52:37 AM4/26/04

"Richard C." <post-age @spamcop.net> wrote in message
Wait! What about disgusting 2.21:1 aspect ratio, or even worse, 2.76:1? How
about the subversive 1.85:1? That has to be a Communist plot!

Seriously, can you spel T-R-O-L-L?

Jim Nason

David Mullen

Apr 26, 2004, 2:30:16 PM4/26/04
Don't you guys remember Bernie Farber (I think that was the name) from
a few years back -- the supposed "law professor" who was a fanatic for
full-frame 4:3 TV no matter what? He disappeared for a few years but
I guess he's back. He claimed that the smaller letterboxed image on a
TV set was a violation of the Americans with Diabilities Act because
it was harder to see if you had bad eyesight.

David Mullen, ASC