convert a HD DVD to SD - possible?

rolf

Jul 10, 2007, 4:47:57 AM7/10/07
Hello

I've authored a DVD using DVD Studio 4 on a iMac and I hadn't noticed
that the default setting was for it to work in HD mode - so whilst the
DVD I've produced plays fine in new macs, it doesn't play in the vast
majority of non-HD DVD players. I was wondering if there is any
software available for mac that can rip the material from the HD DVD I
have created and re burn it as a SD DVD? Something like DVDShrink to
switch between HD and SD DVDs.

Anyone come across anything like that? Or, failing a software
solution, are their shops where you can get a HD DVD converted to SD?

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Smarty

Jul 10, 2007, 2:11:03 PM7/10/07

"rolf" <ralp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Smarty

Jul 10, 2007, 2:19:45 PM7/10/07
rolf,

The HD DVD contains ".EVO" files in the folder/directory called HDDVD_TS.
These are 25 Mbit/sec (or possibly 18 Mbit/sec for Apple) mpeg2 files which
contain the program content and can be renamed to .mpg, then edited / joined
/ trimmed, etc. in any of the mpeg2 editing programs which handle HDV, and
then transcoded down to standard def.

Smarty