Things to do in Vegas?

rick N

Jul 10, 2008, 12:43:09 PM7/10/08
Ok now that we got our hotel out of the way.What are best things do in
Vegas..I don't mean gambling which I will be doing. lol Is the wax
museum any good. im not sure if were going to any shows this time my
mom and sisters don't want too..they love to shop.So what can I do while
they shop 1st 15 minutes and im shopped out lol..is the pin ball
museum fun? Do they have movie theaters on the strip?I'm Not trekkie
but I heard they have A star Trek experience is that worth the
money?thanks for any ideas.Anyplace on the strip that is..this time were
just going stay on the strip

Message has been deleted

Donkeydode

Jul 10, 2008, 3:06:24 PM7/10/08

"rick N" <leadf...@webtv.net> wrote in message
Larry's Villa

Jerry

Jul 10, 2008, 3:25:48 PM7/10/08

Wax museum - I thought it was kinda lame.

Pinball - I had a blast. Your quarters will last longer than they
would in a slot machine.

Jerry

BR Eagle

Jul 10, 2008, 4:10:01 PM7/10/08

"Donkeydode" <noe...@bye.com> wrote in message
dode,
Are you Larry or do you own stock in this place?

--
--"Fortunately none of what is being discussed here will ever come to pass."
OR in AVLV

Walt

Jul 10, 2008, 5:45:06 PM7/10/08
In article <25784-4876...@baytvnwsxa002.msntv.msn.com>, rick N
<leadf...@webtv.net> wrote:

Pinball museum is several miles east of the Strip on Tropicana; you
need a car or else ride the bus or a more expensive taxi.

Madame Tussaud's museum in front of the Venetian is good if you're into
wax celebrities.

There are movie theaters on the Strip just north of MGM Grand, but most
people here would consider movie-watching to be a waste of valuable
Vegas time.

Star Trek Experience at the Hilton -- again worth it to those who are
interested. It's closing in September. Get to the off-Strip Hilton
via monorail or even walking if you're up toward the north end of the
Strip, like around the Riviera or Circus-Circus.

You can get Star Trek and Madame Tussaud's at discount at Tix4Tonight...

http://www.tix4tonight.com/

Use the coupon on the website for $2 off the service charge.

Another idea: learn to play low-limit Texas Holdem, a good way to pass
a few hours. With elementary skills you can hold your own and maybe
even win a little money.

--- Walt

The Wanderer

Jul 10, 2008, 6:48:19 PM7/10/08

"rick N" <leadf...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Ok now that we got our hotel out of the way.What are best things do in
> Vegas..

Visit the Stratosphere tower at night.

Even if you HATE shopping, the shopping complexes attached to Caesars and
Venetian are more than worth a visit.

Rent an escort.

Take a leisurely evening walk along The Strip.

Donkeydode

Jul 10, 2008, 7:46:46 PM7/10/08

"BR Eagle" <goc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I am just one of many Larry fans

BR Eagle

Jul 10, 2008, 8:06:15 PM7/10/08

> I am the one and only fan of Larry

FYP

Ray in Tennessee

Jul 10, 2008, 8:34:44 PM7/10/08
In article <d823fd9c-0761-4cdc-b0c6-c309ee7318e8
@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, jerry...@hotmail.com says...
Pinball Museum isn't on the Strip, though.
Ray

jessica_smith_nyc

Jul 10, 2008, 11:49:16 PM7/10/08
You can catch some of the free shows like the Bellagio Fountains,
Sirens of TI, and Fremont Street Experience.

---
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

On Jul 10, 9:43 am, leadfoo...@webtv.net (rick N) wrote:

Message has been deleted

Mr. V

Jul 11, 2008, 12:33:54 AM7/11/08
Well, you COULD catch a |Gambler's Anonymous meeting.

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/mtgdirNV.html

12-step dem bones

ICl...@jps.net

Jul 11, 2008, 5:31:33 AM7/11/08
Pleae visit A BIT OF NON-GAMBLING LAS VEGAS at
http://geocities.com/iconoc/Articles/LasVegas.html

rick N

Jul 11, 2008, 12:37:59 PM7/11/08
Thanks Walt looks ill miss star trek by a couple months but thats
ok...only reason i ask about movies it was something to say.trying get
ppl give me ideas of what to do.

rick N

Jul 11, 2008, 12:44:09 PM7/11/08
Thanks for ya help but ill forgo the escort Idea my mom loves my girl
friend she would kick my ass lol..im more afraid my mom then i am of
swarm of hornets pist off she will be in vegas with me lol

rick N

Jul 11, 2008, 12:49:57 PM7/11/08
thanks but ill think ill skip 1 of those meeting...unless i lose my
shirt lol

DocTCW

Jul 11, 2008, 1:53:01 PM7/11/08
rick---

Your original post seems to be blowing off gambling as just something you
"will be doing." I hope you don't take it too casually.

These days, the stakes are higher, and it is difficult if not impossible
to find somewhere that lets you bet $2-3 at a time at a table. What games
are you interested in?

Slots are slots, but they can eat your money so fast that your head will
spin.

I recommend that you study up on video-poker. It is a ubiqitous game, and
easy to learn. If you play close to perfect your odds are pretty good.

Tom

------

rick N

Jul 11, 2008, 2:14:50 PM7/11/08
well i live 13 miles from atlantic city so i know little bit,,,i
mainly do Slots But i just started to learn Black Jack . im going with
my mom and 2 sisters i was trying figure ways do things with them
during the day at night gamble little i will be setting myself a
limit for each day to gamble.i live near atlantic city so i only go
gamble 3or 4 times a year..or if 1 my realitives come visit me i go with
them....No its not will power its called pist off girl friend if i
gamble too much lol

spenc...@attbi.com

Jul 11, 2008, 3:31:05 PM7/11/08

Believe me when you get there, there will be so much to do and you
might find that you hardly gamble at all.