Re: Vacuum sealer bags

marika

Jul 5, 2009, 6:23:06 PM7/5/09

<rossr...@forteinc.com> wrote in message
news:jba0555ju07rge9jl...@4ax.com...

> Lots of sweet cherries just about ready, the birds usually get most of
> them about two days before they're fully ripe.

My mother has this glorious garden with lots of berries. There's lots of
stealth.
But she saves the prizes for her beloved chickens. Somehow I never imagined
chickens eating berries but they love them.

I told her to buy this book a few years ago, and she loved it. I admit I
still haven't read it but my reading still hasn't been caught up on

By Corinne H. Smith (Athol, MA USA) - (I lost the original credit for the
reviewer)
Still Life with Chickens: Starting Over in a House by the Sea (Hardcover)
by Catherine Goldhammer (

Divorce happens every day. Families split up, someone leaves the house, and
each individual tries to create a new life. What makes Catherine
Goldhammer's experience unique is the addition of - believe it or not -
CHICKENS. Buying six fluffy chicks and having her teenage daughter learn how
to raise them disrupts the household enough that it helps to bridge the
transition between the old, comfortable life and the new, unsure one in a
fixer-upper along the Massachusetts coastline. Sharing a suburban residence
with a dog, a cat, and six chicks who don't stay little for long makes for
an interesting and hectic lifestyle. Catherine and Emma's daily routine soon
revolves around the feathered ones. Goldhammer tells her story with the
candor and humor of hindsight, and it makes for quick and entertaining
reading. Most of us have never thought of poultry as possible pets. After
finishing "Still Life," readers may find themselves opting for veggie
platters over chicken dinners in restaurants.