Bowl in a china shop

bri...@wsu.edu

Jan 30, 2006, 12:05:47 PM1/30/06
Here's a rare eggcorn: I've encountered two people who confessed that
they thought the expression was not "bull in a china shop" but "bowl in
a china shop." The clearest example I've found on the Web in in an
evidently mis-transcribed CNN interview at
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0201/16/ltm.04.html.

Message has been deleted

irwell

Jan 30, 2006, 5:57:53 PM1/30/06
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:47:10 GMT, ar...@iname.com (Murray Arnow)
wrote:

>That well may be an eggcorn, but did you ask those two people what they
>thought the expression meant? It is difficult to get the meaning from the
>context of the example you gave in the URL.

No more opium in the Vatican. Bull in a China Shop.