class action lawsuit?

1 view

fiddy

Sep 5, 2001, 1:20:01 AM9/5/01
There has been a recent class action lawsuit in the States against the
makers of a drug called Paroxetine.

I have been on this drug for the past two and a half years and am now
hooked. Any phased withdrawal has me going through all the symptomatic
problems that this dug professes WILL NOT occur.

What is a class action Lawsuit?
How do I sue the Makers of this drug

Many Thanks

Bob
Birmingham
UK

nss

Sep 5, 2001, 4:04:41 PM9/5/01

"fiddy" <fi...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

The only *sensible* suggestion with any form of drug dependence (or abuse)
is the Chinese cure, where the dose is 'imperceptibly' decreased over time.
The sad fact that is if someone has 'invested' 2.5 years adapting to and
living with any 'foreign body' it may well, but not necessarily, take the
same or longer time to acheive the foreign-body free state.

IMHO one or the of the many varieties of natural [not test-tube] Cannabis
may well be beneficial in withdrawing from more harmful substances [such as
alcohol, tobacco, street heroin etc.] but of course to suggest this in the
UK may well be tantamount to incitement to commit a criminal offence, so for
now conjecture is the only possibility. Additionally you may be substituting
one addiction for another but Cannabis is unlikely to give you the
cell-damage problems that many so called 'modern drugs' will probably incur
such as permanent brain damage. Either way you may never fully be 'your
former self' but hey, were you ever that good anyways and do you want to get
better?

If your or any other doctor prescribes any other tranquilliser/medication my
advice is to tell them you are taking it but on no account do so unless you
fail to find your own more 'natural' cure.

Take it or leave it ..its only advice. Sue them when you are drug-free but
maybe lodge notice of your intention at this stage.

Stan Mould

Sep 15, 2001, 3:54:27 PM9/15/01

"fiddy" <fi...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> There has been a recent class action lawsuit in the States against the
> makers of a drug called Paroxetine.
>
> I have been on this drug for the past two and a half years and am now
> hooked. Any phased withdrawal has me going through all the symptomatic
> problems that this dug professes WILL NOT occur.

Well, I was on it for a similar length of time and had no problem coming
off it. You're not some Scientology freak trying anything possible to
have a pop at drug companies, are you?

> What is a class action Lawsuit?
> How do I sue the Makers of this drug

See a solicitor and give him a lot of money, with as many others as you
can find.

Or you could piss off instead.

Stan
Wolverhampton (15 miles from Birmingham) UK