Just legal TV show

ericmatteson...@hotmail.com

Sep 22, 2005, 6:08:55 PM9/22/05
After 7th Heaven on Monday nights WB has recently started
a new JUST LEGAL
TV show.
On the first show on September 19th the newly hired lawyer
David (Skip) Ross gets a circumstantial evidence case
where a woman was found holding the alleged murder
weapon aquitted using fancy lawyers tricks.
The bad news about the show is that if it would have been
real twelve people would have been forced to serve on the
jury.
Compulsory jury duty is unfair slavery because people
have to travel far to get to court possibly at inconvenient
times wiping out a college test or a critical workday or
making young children become unsupervisable.
There were at least 3 previous TV shows where key characters
were summonned to serve on a jury and all 3 shows
depicted jury duty unfavorably especially with the
compulsory jury duty system in the U.S.
http://groups.google.com/group/talk.politics.libertarian/msg/7479e7838cbce8c3?dmode=source
in order to try to hate lawyers like
David Ross less we can try to imagine part of a script
where he is trying to find a way to abolish
jury duty
Scene 1 in group setting. Lawyer David Ross announces
that he got an internet message that says
AMMEND U.S. CONSTITUTION TO
ABOLISH JURY TRIALS.
We start with Malcolms mother Lois Langdon
LOIS LANGDON:
When I had to serve on a jury it was a confusing case .
my husband, Hal, had a different case at the same time
so our 5 children were unsupervised.
On my case we had to decide whether to send a young man to
prison for a long time based on conflicting testimony.
the witnesses did not agree on what happenned and we
deliberated for several weeks with a hung jury. I got
the defendent mixed up with my oldest son Frances, who
is in military school in Alabama. I could not understand
the case.
DR JOHN BECKER: I wasted a lot of my time at jury selection.
I was rejected for being too smart at each individual trial
because I was reading a book and appeared to be too
smart to be a manipulatable juror. It is an injustice
to pick only uneducated jurors like LOIS and reject
the smart ones who might actually understand the FACTS
OF THE CASE!!
LUCY CAMDEN:
I had to go to jury selection for one day. I was unlucky
enough to flunk an important community college course
because I missed a TEST during jury selection. Jury
Duty is a hardship even for those who do not serve on
a case.
DAVID ROSS:
Your experiences have taught us that the present mandatory
jury duty system creates a hardship for people who are
summonned to jury selection and that far too many times
the wrong people end up deciding many cases.
I am proposing a constitutional ammendement to
the U.S. constitution that will replace drafted jurrors
with at least 3 professional judges. All judges must
vote guilty for a conviction to result.
First the ammendement will be voted upon by the
U.S. House of Representatives and then the U.S. Senate
and then be ratified by 3/4 of the state legislatures.
written by Eric Matteson ericmatteson...@hotmail.com