OT: Appetizer suggestion

1 view

T Block

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
<Desperate Plea for Help>

I'm going to a cookoff next weekend, and I was going to make
these wraps that sounded pretty good. It was a cobb salad wrap,
with chicken, bacon, romaine, scallions, some other stuff, and
blue cheese dressing in a tortilla wrap. Well it sounded good,
but it tasted kind of plain when we made them last night.

Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good, different
appetizer or side dish, something thats not too hard to make or that keeps
well overnight (we have to travel 4 hours to get to this thing) and that doesn't
cost a fortune (there's like 50 hungry Sicilians to feed, so exotic ingredients
would kill the old wallet).

And they are not X-files fans, so keep the green-slimey-insect-alien-spaceship-
cigarette-smoking-mandirin orance salad recipes to yourselves ;-)

--

Tony
Charter Member, at!NRM Division/NRMTPB/SC-w/oU-BWP-I#26/25

"The darn cute atxf God of good spelling."

D Love

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
Go to www. foodtv.com and type in what you want to search, I use this all
the time.

T Block <tbl...@voxyaxg.net> wrote in message

Lady Sally

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 08:51:07 -0400, "T Block" <tbl...@voxyaxg.net>
wrote:

><Desperate Plea for Help>

>Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good, different
>appetizer or side dish, something thats not too hard to make or that keeps
>well overnight (we have to travel 4 hours to get to this thing) and that doesn't
>cost a fortune (there's like 50 hungry Sicilians to feed, so exotic ingredients
>would kill the old wallet).

I've got a favorite recipe for a "Sushi Salad" Appetizer. No, it
doesn't involve raw fish. It's very tasty, fairly easy to make (if a
bit time consuming), not hard on the wallet, and holds well in a
cooler. Drop me an e-mail if you'd like the recipe.

Lady Sally
FEB
CCC

Driver 8

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
Chicken Ramen Salad
A nice, cool, delicious salad -- great for summer!
(plus you make it the night before, so your travel woes are solved)
If you need a HUGE amount, you might want to double the recipe. This makes
about enough for 4-5 people.

--2 cups diced, cooked chicken (2 small chicken breasts makes enough)
--2 T toasted sesame seeds
--1/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
--1 pkg. chicken Top Ramen (crushed noodles* & seasoning)
--3 green onions, sliced
--1/2 head green cabbage, sliced thin
--1 T sugar

Mix all the above ingredients. Pour on the following dressing and let stand
overnight in fridge.

Dressing: 1/3 C canola oil, 1 t salt, 1/2 t pepper, 3 T vinegar

* It works best to add the crushed noodle pieces just a few hours before
serving, not the night before. That way they stay kinda crunchy.

Boondoggler

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
T Block <tbl...@voxyaxg.net> wrote:

> <Desperate Plea for Help>
>

> I'm going to a cookoff next weekend, and I was going to make
> these wraps that sounded pretty good. It was a cobb salad wrap,
> with chicken, bacon, romaine, scallions, some other stuff, and
> blue cheese dressing in a tortilla wrap. Well it sounded good,
> but it tasted kind of plain when we made them last night.
>

> Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good, different
> appetizer or side dish, something thats not too hard to make or that keeps
> well overnight (we have to travel 4 hours to get to this thing) and that
> doesn't cost a fortune (there's like 50 hungry Sicilians to feed, so
> exotic ingredients would kill the old wallet).

Fried dill pickle chips. (An Elvis favorite.)

Dip pickle chips in egg whites,
cover with cornmeal
fry.

Serve with honey mustard sauce.
Easy, cheap, and a great conversation starter.

Other than that, I usually make broccoli salad. (Keeps well
overnight...always gets raves and recipe requests)
Broccoli, raisins, sunflower seeds (On topic!), carrots, vidalia onions
in a redwine vinegar, sugar and mayonaise dressing.

If you precut the broccoli, then the rest of it is really easy.

--
Boondoggler

Kim

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
How about:

fresh, ripe sliced beefsteak tomatoes
fresh mozzarella cheese in thin slices
fresh snipped blue basil
with a dash of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper

Perhaps this is not appropriate considering the rest of the meal is likely to
feature Italian flavors such as these, but we enjoy this dish quite often. We
have a mozzarella factory here where the owner learned the art of making
mozzarella in Italy, and it's delightful.

*~*~*~*~*~*
Kim
Journ...@aol.com
http://journeytox.simplenet.com

"I'm in your hands." Skinner, The X-Files, SR819

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." Rudyard Kipling

Kim

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
Boonie suggested:

Pickle chips (Nummy) or

>Other than that, I usually make broccoli salad. (Keeps well
>overnight...always gets raves and recipe requests)
>Broccoli, raisins, sunflower seeds (On topic!), carrots, vidalia onions
>in a redwine vinegar, sugar and mayonaise dressing.

Hey. That sounds good. And one could make it with lowfat mayo. What's the
recipe, approximately?

pam

Aug 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/10/00
Boondoggler wrote:
> Kim <journ...@aol.com> wrote:
> > Boonie suggested:

> > >Other than that, I usually make broccoli salad. (Keeps well
> > >overnight...always gets raves and recipe requests)
> > >Broccoli, raisins, sunflower seeds (On topic!), carrots, vidalia
> > >onions in a redwine vinegar, sugar and mayonaise dressing.
> >
> > Hey. That sounds good. And one could make it with lowfat mayo.
> > What's the recipe, approximately?
>
> Doh! No carrots. Bacon! I forgot the bacon!

Aww, geez. And here it was sounding like such a cool
meat-free dish! ;-P

Boondoggler

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
Kim <journ...@aol.com> wrote:

> Boonie suggested:
>
> Pickle chips (Nummy) or

> >Other than that, I usually make broccoli salad. (Keeps well
> >overnight...always gets raves and recipe requests)
> >Broccoli, raisins, sunflower seeds (On topic!), carrots, vidalia onions
> >in a redwine vinegar, sugar and mayonaise dressing.
>
> Hey. That sounds good. And one could make it with lowfat mayo. What's the
> recipe, approximately?

Doh! No carrots. Bacon! I forgot the bacon!

Approximately (..there are a half of dozen ones on the net that all have
varying degrees of these ingredients...so make it to your taste...)

Cook 1/2 lb of bacon till it's crumbly.

2 bunches of broccoli (all chopped up into little broccoli heads)
half of vidalia onion
1 cup of shelled sunflower seeds
1/2 to 1 cup of golden raisins.

Mix all above together.

The dressing is approximately
1 cup mayo
1 cup sugar
2 tbs redwine vinegar

(many recipes call for less sugar than mayo, but mine doesn't. If you
don't like the way it tastes, add some more of one thing till you get
it. Extra dressing makes a great dip for carrots. I just have carrots
on the brain. Don't mind me.)

--
Boondoggler

Jen (is not a potato)

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 23:17:15 GMT, in alt.tv.x-files the esteemed
boond...@worldnet.att.net (Boondoggler) opined pensively:

>Fried dill pickle chips. (An Elvis favorite.)

Are they? My favorite local brewing company serves these (okay, so
there's only one brewing company locally. Details). They call them
Frickles and I LOVE them.

>Dip pickle chips in egg whites,
>cover with cornmeal
>fry.

My place (no, I don;t own it, but I wish I did) dips the pickles in
some kind of light beer based batter.

>Serve with honey mustard sauce.

And serves them with a creamy parmesan dill dressing. YUM.

>Easy, cheap, and a great conversation starter.

MMmmm.....

Jen

--
XFW1 FEB ggg
www.geocities.com/Wellesley/Atrium/2116

VerlindaH

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
>Subject: OT: Appetizer suggestion
>From: "T Block" tbl...@voxyaxg.net
>Date: 8/10/00 7:51 Central Daylight Time

><Desperate Plea for Help>
>

>Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good, different
>appetizer or side dish, something thats not too hard to make or that keeps
>well overnight (we have to travel 4 hours to get to this thing) and that
>doesn't
>cost a fortune

>Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good, different
>appetizer or side dish, something thats not too hard to make or that keeps
>well overnight (we have to travel 4 hours to get to this thing) and that
>doesn't
>cost a fortune

I have to go along with Boonie and recommend the fried dill pickle chips.

I recently ate these, with an accompanying honey mustard sauce, and I was
*very* impressed.

Since your basic ingredients are pickles, cornmeal, and the honey-mustard sauce
or dressing, you're talking about a pretty inexpensive appetizer.

VerlindaH

Sarabelle

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

pam <p...@NOSPAMmindspring.com> wrote:

> Boondoggler wrote:
> > Kim <journ...@aol.com> wrote:
> > > Boonie suggested:
> > >
> > > Hey. That sounds good. And one could make it with lowfat mayo.
> > > What's the recipe, approximately?
> >
> > Doh! No carrots. Bacon! I forgot the bacon!
>
> Aww, geez. And here it was sounding like such a cool
> meat-free dish! ;-P

What about imitation bacon? Or tofu, seasoned, cut into very small pieces and
fried? Or another type of nut, like pecans? Or beans?

Don't give up! Experiment!

--
-Sarabelle
Synthetic Artificial Repair and Assassination Humanoid

chibiangi

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

Hank wrote:

> Rumor has it that T Block put forth the following:

> >Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good, different
> >appetizer or side dish, something thats not too hard to make or that keeps
> >well overnight (we have to travel 4 hours to get to this thing) and that doesn't

> >cost a fortune (there's like 50 hungry Sicilians to feed, so exotic ingredients
> >would kill the old wallet).
>

> Why not medallions of Live Oak in wild mushroom sauce?!

You trollin' for Tara?

> Hank Vaughn http://ahsv.home.netcom.com/
> Big D, TX ***Spelling mistakes? See headers for explanation***
> a-h-s-v-@-p-h-i-l-i-p-k-d-i-c-k-.-c-o-m
> --
> Who's Who in atxf: http://ahsv.home.netcom.com/xwho.html
> FEB Information: http://ahsv.home.netcom.com/feb/feb.html
> Micro FAQ: http://ahsv.home.netcom.com/xfilefaq.html
> "Religion is a smile on a dog..." (New Bohs)

ILLEGAL!Sundae*******FEB!Shortie
Home: http://www.geocities.com/~chibiangi
Club: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/shoujoanimetraders
Dog: They feed me, provide for me, take care of me, they must be gods.
Cat: They feed me, provide for me, take care of me, I must be a god.

laura capozzola

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
T Block wrote:

> <Desperate Plea for Help>

> Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good, different
> appetizer or side dish, something thats not too hard to make or that keeps
> well overnight (we have to travel 4 hours to get to this thing) and that doesn't
> cost a fortune (there's like 50 hungry Sicilians to feed, so exotic ingredients
> would kill the old wallet).

You could make Alex Krychicken (my recipe) or I think it's Verlinda's
recipe for She Is Meatballs.

> And they are not X-files fans, so keep the green-slimey-insect-alien-spaceship-
> cigarette-smoking-mandirin orance salad recipes to yourselves ;-)

Oh. I guess using Orzo (type of pasta) to make some kind of
maggoty-lung Mulder dish is out of the question, then. Nevermind.
;-D

Laura
##***************************##************************##
Visit: "All Things Chris Carter" updated 06/25/2000
http://users.erols.com/lauracap/index.html

"The truth is that when you 'trust no one,' there is a
tremendous amount of hope that you can trust someone."
- Chris Carter -
##***************************##************************##

T Block

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

"Hank" <ah...@GARBAGEphilipkdick.com> wrote in message news:jh26ps4ob3pg9r47a...@nntp.valis.org...

> Rumor has it that T Block put forth the following:
>
> >Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good, different
> >appetizer or side dish, something thats not too hard to make or that keeps
> >well overnight (we have to travel 4 hours to get to this thing) and that doesn't
> >cost a fortune (there's like 50 hungry Sicilians to feed, so exotic ingredients
> >would kill the old wallet).
>
> Why not medallions of Live Oak in wild mushroom sauce?!

I have a few oax in my yard, but more pines, maples, popples, and hemlocks.

Can I substitute?

T Block

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

"Driver 8" <jul...@bendnet.com> wrote in message news:39931...@news.bendnet.com...

This is a wonderful idea, but my cousin makes this already. Everyone
eats it up - it is very good. They call it roughage salad.

Thanks :-)

T Block

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

"Kim" <journ...@aol.com> wrote in message news:20000810194322...@ng-fk1.aol.com...

> How about:
>
> fresh, ripe sliced beefsteak tomatoes
> fresh mozzarella cheese in thin slices
> fresh snipped blue basil
> with a dash of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper
>
> Perhaps this is not appropriate considering the rest of the meal is likely to
> feature Italian flavors such as these,

Not appropriate, but not for the reason you say, but because we all have
something like that all the time. I mean, it's like a staple. It would be like
bringing ketchup :-)

Thanks anyway..........

T Block

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

"pam" <p...@NOSPAMmindspring.com> wrote in message news:39937B2F...@NOSPAMmindspring.com...

> Boondoggler wrote:
> > Kim <journ...@aol.com> wrote:
> > > Boonie suggested:
> > >
> > > Hey. That sounds good. And one could make it with lowfat mayo.
> > > What's the recipe, approximately?
> >
> > Doh! No carrots. Bacon! I forgot the bacon!
>
> Aww, geez. And here it was sounding like such a cool
> meat-free dish! ;-P

Hey! Get outta here! You veggies had your own thread!
Leave us meat eaters alone!!11!1!

Molly

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
laura capozzola <laur...@erols.com> wrote in message

> T Block wrote:
> >
> > <Desperate Plea for Help>
>
> > Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good, different
> > appetizer or side dish, something thats not too hard to make or that
keeps
> > well overnight (we have to travel 4 hours to get to this thing) and that
doesn't
> > cost a fortune (there's like 50 hungry Sicilians to feed, so exotic
ingredients
> > would kill the old wallet).
<snip>

I think Ramen Salad (as someone else already mentioned, so yeah I should
just shut up) is always a good family reunion sort of dish. You don't have
to put chicken it it either and can use oriental flavor ramen noodles (for
those vegetarian Sicilians out there). I always just use a plain old cole
slaw mix as opposed to chopping up cabage. Travels well and had more stuff
in it--carrots and red cabbage, more colorful you know.

> > And they are not X-files fans, so keep the
green-slimey-insect-alien-spaceship-
> > cigarette-smoking-mandirin orance salad recipes to yourselves ;-)
>
> Oh. I guess using Orzo (type of pasta) to make some kind of
> maggoty-lung Mulder dish is out of the question, then. Nevermind.
> ;-D

Lauuuuura! That's so nasty. I have a *horrible* mental picture right now
(which I guess was the point).
--Molly :)
shuddering

T Block

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

"laura capozzola" <laur...@erols.com> wrote in message news:3993DAED...@erols.com...

> T Block wrote:
> >
> > <Desperate Plea for Help>
>
> > Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good, different
> > appetizer or side dish, something thats not too hard to make or that keeps
> > well overnight (we have to travel 4 hours to get to this thing) and that doesn't
> > cost a fortune (there's like 50 hungry Sicilians to feed, so exotic ingredients
> > would kill the old wallet).
>

> You could make Alex Krychicken (my recipe) or I think it's Verlinda's
> recipe for She Is Meatballs.

These sound possible, but I'd have to rename them.....

> > And they are not X-files fans, so keep the green-slimey-insect-alien-spaceship-
> > cigarette-smoking-mandirin orance salad recipes to yourselves ;-)
>
> Oh. I guess using Orzo (type of pasta) to make some kind of
> maggoty-lung Mulder dish is out of the question, then. Nevermind.
> ;-D

Well orzo is cool, although for soups we would be more likely to use
stellini (stars) or ancino de pepe (think of spaghetti noodles chopped into
1 or 2 mm segments- when cooked they're like lead shot).

T Block

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

"Molly" <c74...@showme.missouri.edu> wrote in message news:sp7vlp...@corp.supernews.com...

> laura capozzola <laur...@erols.com> wrote in message
> > T Block wrote:
> > >
> > > <Desperate Plea for Help>
> >
> > > Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good, different
> > > appetizer or side dish, something thats not too hard to make or that
> keeps
> > > well overnight (we have to travel 4 hours to get to this thing) and that
> doesn't
> > > cost a fortune (there's like 50 hungry Sicilians to feed, so exotic
> ingredients
> > > would kill the old wallet).
> <snip>
>
> I think Ramen Salad (as someone else already mentioned, so yeah I should
> just shut up) is always a good family reunion sort of dish. You don't have
> to put chicken it it either and can use oriental flavor ramen noodles (for
> those vegetarian Sicilians out there).

HAA!! As plentiful as Dodo's and wooly mammoths, those Vegitarian Sicilians.

I always just use a plain old cole
> slaw mix as opposed to chopping up cabage. Travels well and had more stuff
> in it--carrots and red cabbage, more colorful you know.

My cousin already makes this, tho :-(

> > > And they are not X-files fans, so keep the
> green-slimey-insect-alien-spaceship-
> > > cigarette-smoking-mandirin orance salad recipes to yourselves ;-)
> >
> > Oh. I guess using Orzo (type of pasta) to make some kind of
> > maggoty-lung Mulder dish is out of the question, then. Nevermind.
> > ;-D
>

> Lauuuuura! That's so nasty. I have a *horrible* mental picture right now
> (which I guess was the point).
> --Molly :)
> shuddering

It is a cool idea, just the wrong venue.

Thanks, Molly :-))

chibiangi

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

T Block wrote:

> "laura capozzola" <laur...@erols.com> wrote in message news:3993DAED...@erols.com...

> > T Block wrote:
> > >
> > > <Desperate Plea for Help>
> >
> > > Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good, different
> > > appetizer or side dish, something thats not too hard to make or that keeps
> > > well overnight (we have to travel 4 hours to get to this thing) and that doesn't
> > > cost a fortune (there's like 50 hungry Sicilians to feed, so exotic ingredients
> > > would kill the old wallet).
> >

> > You could make Alex Krychicken (my recipe) or I think it's Verlinda's
> > recipe for She Is Meatballs.
> >

> These sound possible, but I'd have to rename them.....
>

> > > And they are not X-files fans, so keep the green-slimey-insect-alien-spaceship-
> > > cigarette-smoking-mandirin orance salad recipes to yourselves ;-)
> >
> > Oh. I guess using Orzo (type of pasta) to make some kind of
> > maggoty-lung Mulder dish is out of the question, then. Nevermind.
> > ;-D
> >

> Well orzo is cool, although for soups we would be more likely to use
> stellini (stars) or ancino de pepe (think of spaghetti noodles chopped into
> 1 or 2 mm segments- when cooked they're like lead shot).

I know this sounds kind of boring, I dunno how many people it's for though...but my pops makes
this one all the time and everyone seems to like it. I don't like mushrooms though, and I'm not
too fond of sausage. You get some mushrooms and that sasauge that isn't a patty, I think it
comes in a tube, and you dress it up with spices and stuff the mushrooms with it and throw it
in the oven. I can not remember what exactly he puts in them, but I think he sprinkles the top
with a little parmesean. In any case, each mushroom is like two bites, so you figure maybe 2
mushrooms per person?
You could always stick to some dip/spread and crackers :P

> --
>
> Tony
> Charter Member, at!NRM Division/NRMTPB/SC-w/oU-BWP-I#26/25
> MBC Agent - "Gloucestermen. It's always Gloucestermen."
>
> "The darn cute atxf God of good spelling."

hot toddy

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
T Block wrote...

>I'm going to a cookoff next weekend, and I was going to make
>these wraps that sounded pretty good. It was a cobb salad wrap,
>with chicken, bacon, romaine, scallions, some other stuff, and
>blue cheese dressing in a tortilla wrap. Well it sounded good,
>but it tasted kind of plain when we made them last night.

>Sooooooo, does anybody have any suggestions for a good,

>different appetizer or side dish...

Actually, I'd bet it's the tortilla that's making those taste "kind of
plain"--why not use the same recipe but use slightly less lettuce
in the filling, and instead of using tortillas use lettuce leaves like
Romaine or Bibb to wrap them in? You could probably also stuff
tomatoes with that filling--some good, fresh, medium-sized romas
that have been cut in half and cleaned would work well IMO.

Todd
wishes *he* was going to a cookoff

Meg, the pasty paste eating diva

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
It is said that on the blessed date of Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:59:19 GMT,

boond...@worldnet.att.net (Boondoggler) went forth and said:

> Bacon! I forgot the bacon!

I thought that was worth repeating.

Meg
--
"That's how it looked on paper, but games are not played on
paper, they're played in television sets." (Kenny Mayne)

T Block

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

"hot toddy" <hot_t...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Good Idea - maybe I'll try that. Oh, and get yourself and your SO to
northern Mich by next Friday and you're in.

--

Tony Block
Charter Member, at!NRM Division/NRMTPB/SCw/oU-BWP-I#26/25

adhokk7

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
boond...@worldnet.att.net (Boondoggler) wrote:

>broccoli
>Broccoli,
>broccoli,

That offer to marry you and bear your children? Rescinded.

BUT, in the interest of international relations, you may still ride my tail any
time.

-ad, hates to break this to you
--
NRMTPB- Tyrant
http://members.aol.com/Boondog8/ad/afa.html

hot toddy

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
T Block wrote...

>Good Idea - maybe I'll try that.

No prob, Yo!T.

>Oh, and get yourself and your SO to northern
>Mich by next Friday and you're in.

If only--thanks for the casual invite, though. I finally start the
new job tomorrow, you see. It's gonna be interesting trying
to acclimate myself to waking up at 6:30 in the morning...

Todd
expecting a sleepy week ahead

Kristen

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
hot toddy wrote:

> I finally start the
> new job tomorrow, you see. It's gonna be interesting trying
> to acclimate myself to waking up at 6:30 in the morning...
>
> Todd
> expecting a sleepy week ahead

Good luck, Todd. :-)

And in the words of a great man...

"I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that
will get you through life.
Number 1: [whispers] Cover for me.
Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss!
Number 3: It was like that when I got here."
---Homer Simpson

Kristen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*I*
*WNS Intern
*Samurai SMUTster STO #419+1
*XFW #419+1
* http://www.dreamwater.com/indifference/hailtotheship/front.htm
*There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boondoggler

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
Meg, the pasty paste eating diva <meg...@fisticuffsEVILSPAM.org> wrote:

> It is said that on the blessed date of Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:59:19 GMT,
> boond...@worldnet.att.net (Boondoggler) went forth and said:
>
> > Bacon! I forgot the bacon!
>
> I thought that was worth repeating.

What's in the bag? I can't read.

IT'S BACON!

<nnnnnnmwnwnwmwnwmwnwmwnw> <--- that's the cutest sound in the world
of little puppy nose cam trying to smell the bacon.

--
Boondoggler, snausages

Boondoggler

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
adhokk7 <cary...@aol.com.net.gov> wrote:

> boond...@worldnet.att.net (Boondoggler) wrote:
>

> >broccoli
> >Broccoli,
> >broccoli,
>
> That offer to marry you and bear your children? Rescinded.

I'm not going to sit here while you blow sunshine up that offer.

> BUT, in the interest of international relations, you may still ride my
> tail any time.
>

> -ad, hates to break this to you

But ad, <dramatic pause while I pick my nose> you suck.

--
Boondoggler

T Block

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00

"hot toddy" <hot_t...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:1jBl5.20995$gW5.1...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

> T Block wrote...
>
> >Good Idea - maybe I'll try that.
>
> No prob, Yo!T.
>
> >Oh, and get yourself and your SO to northern
> >Mich by next Friday and you're in.
>
> If only--thanks for the casual invite, though. I finally start the

> new job tomorrow, you see. It's gonna be interesting trying
> to acclimate myself to waking up at 6:30 in the morning...

Sooooo, How'd the first day go? Any 'stupid user' stories to share????

--

Tony, doesn't have a key labeled "any" , so can't continue.

Charter Member, at!NRM Division/NRMTPB/SC-w/oU-BWP-I#26/25
MBC Agent - "Gloucestermen. It's always Gloucestermen."

"The darn cute atxf God of good spelling."

hot toddy

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
T Block wrote...

>Sooooo, How'd the first day go?

Simple. I'm sitting there thinking, "they're gonna pay me to do this?"

>Any 'stupid user' stories to share????

Not really--I'm CS for AOL Shop Direct rather than for the browser
and such, so we mostly deal with people who want refunds for software
that doesn't work properly on their top-of-the-line computer with 8 megs
of RAM and a stunningly quick 133mHz processor, people who speak
barely understandable English and wonder why their voice recognition
software doesn't work, people who order something online on Monday
and are pissed when it's not there by Wednesday afternoon, people
who're too stupid to keep their kids from getting their credit card
numbers and ordering $500 worth of stuff online, and so on.

I did, however, get to listen in on a supervisor geting cussed out for
about 30 seconds in some manner of Arabic tongue, so that was cool.

Todd
done with day 2

hot toddy

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
Kristen wrote...

>Good luck, Todd. :-)

Thanks, babe. The job's gonna be easy--it's the waking
up that's the hard part. I am currently rediscovering my
love for all things caffeinated.

>And in the words of a great man...
>"I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that
>will get you through life.
>Number 1: [whispers] Cover for me.
>Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss!
>Number 3: It was like that when I got here."
>---Homer Simpson

The Simpsons rulz. And it's on in 30 minutes! Yippee!

Todd
current favorite non-Halloween ep: Homer goes to clown college