Bad News at Costco :-(

whodunit

Nov 14, 2006, 5:22:43 PM11/14/06
I've been getting the seasons' dvds at Costco for the past year or so
whenever I had a little bit extra $$--went today to find Season 6, and
found NONE!! available whatsoever in the dvd department!! There was
a worker there putting out new dvds, so I asked her what was up, every
time in the past several years that I've gone to Costco, there's always
been a bunch of SG dvds on sale. She said she didn't know what was up
with no dvds available, just that she'd been told to pull the last one
they had in inventory, season 9...she said she had it in the back if I
wanted it, so I told her yes! She didn't know if they would get more in
stock in the future or not. :-(

I'm kicking myself for not getting the entire series at once! But of
course I couldn't have afforded to do that, but still. :-(

Anybody else's Costco discontinuing the SG dvds?

Think I'll go do a search of their online store.

Carolyne in TX

GeekBoy

Nov 14, 2006, 6:19:05 PM11/14/06
Go to Sam;s club instead.

Too many lines a Crapco

"whodunit" <pill...@sbcworldly.net> wrote in message

Greg

Nov 14, 2006, 7:56:33 PM11/14/06
> I'm kicking myself for not getting the entire series at once! But of
> course I couldn't have afforded to do that, but still. :-(
>
> Anybody else's Costco discontinuing the SG dvds?
>
> Think I'll go do a search of their online store.
>
> Carolyne in TX

How do Costco's prices compare to amazon.com?? I've ordered my sets
from amazon, and had satisfaction all the way. Of course, in Part 2 of
"Heroes" I had to send it back, as there was a defect in the DVD. Got
a replacement set ASAP, which I was pleased! (Of course, I was NOT
pleased that Janet got killed though I hold out hope for her return.
It IS POSSIBLE!!)

Greg

whodunit

Nov 14, 2006, 9:51:26 PM11/14/06
The season sets were $29.95 each until recently, when they were marked
up to $30.95--not sure where she found season 9 today, because it was
also marked $29.95, and not the higher price it was a few weeks ago.

Strangely this was the only one on sale online, and it was $33.99.

whodunit

Nov 14, 2006, 9:53:04 PM11/14/06
GeekBoy wrote:
> Go to Sam;s club instead.

We used to go to Sam's years ago, but switched to Costco when we
moved to California--when we got back to Texas, we tried both, and
Costco had several items we used regularly that Sam's didn't, so we
kept our membership there. Although that might change in the future,
they recently built a Sam's closer to us than the Costco!

GeekBoy

Nov 15, 2006, 3:56:44 PM11/15/06

> GeekBoy wrote:
>> Go to Sam;s club instead.
>
> We used to go to Sam's years ago, but switched to Costco when we
> moved to California--when we got back to Texas, we tried both, and
> Costco had several items we used regularly that Sam's didn't, so we
> kept our membership there. Although that might change in the future,
> they recently built a Sam's closer to us than the Costco!

Costco does have more stores in California, but that is changing.

Odd how Californians are so branded to Costco. In Folsom there is both
across the street from each other.
Both are brand new. The Costco fuel lines are always at least 6 deep at
every lane.

I run over to Sam's and be in and out in 5 minutes. Silly people.

>> Too many lines a Crapco
>>
>> "whodunit" <pill...@sbcworldly.net> wrote in message
>>> I've been getting the seasons' dvds at Costco for the past year or so
>>> whenever I had a little bit extra $$--went today to find Season 6, and
>>> found NONE!! available whatsoever in the dvd department!! There was
>>> a worker there putting out new dvds, so I asked her what was up, every
>>> time in the past several years that I've gone to Costco, there's always
>>> been a bunch of SG dvds on sale. She said she didn't know what was up
>>> with no dvds available, just that she'd been told to pull the last one
>>> they had in inventory, season 9...she said she had it in the back if I
>>> wanted it, so I told her yes! She didn't know if they would get more in
>>> stock in the future or not. :-(
>>>
>>> I'm kicking myself for not getting the entire series at once! But of
>>> course I couldn't have afforded to do that, but still. :-(
>>>
>>> Anybody else's Costco discontinuing the SG dvds?
>>>
>>> Think I'll go do a search of their online store.
>>>
>>> Carolyne in TX

whodunit

Nov 15, 2006, 8:03:41 PM11/15/06
GeekBoy wrote:
> "whodunit" <pill...@sbcworldly.net> wrote in message
>> GeekBoy wrote:
>>> Go to Sam;s club instead.
>> We used to go to Sam's years ago, but switched to Costco when we
>> moved to California--when we got back to Texas, we tried both, and
>> Costco had several items we used regularly that Sam's didn't, so we
>> kept our membership there. Although that might change in the future,
>> they recently built a Sam's closer to us than the Costco!
>

> Costco does have more stores in California, but that is changing.

We only switched because the closest Sam's was in San Francisco--we
were two hours north of there, and had 2 Costcos within 20 miles of
us in two different towns!

> Odd how Californians are so branded to Costco. In Folsom there is both
> across the street from each other.
> Both are brand new. The Costco fuel lines are always at least 6 deep at
> every lane.

I rarely have to wait in the gas line at our Costco here.

> I run over to Sam's and be in and out in 5 minutes. Silly people.

Generally I can do the same at Costco, except during peak times, like
right before holidays, etc. The last big mess was last year during the
hurricanes and there was a big rush on water and food at Costco, the
place was pretty much cleaned out by the time I got there!

glassman

Nov 17, 2006, 3:00:23 AM11/17/06

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Message has been deleted

whodunit

Nov 25, 2006, 1:22:17 AM11/25/06
glassman wrote:
> "whodunit" <pill...@sbcworldly.net> wrote in message
>> I've been getting the seasons' dvds at Costco for the past year or so
>> whenever I had a little bit extra $$--went today to find Season 6, and
>> found NONE!! available whatsoever in the dvd department!! There was
>>

> http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/

Thanks, I'll check it out! :-)