Music

William 'Mr. K' Kenlon

Dec 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/21/98
Well, now that the Sci-Fi Channel has played all of the episodes for which new
music was composed, we can all safely pick & choose the best and worst scores,
right? I've listed mine below, and I'd like to know what everyone else thinks
-- what are your top ten & bottom ten?
If your memories need refreshing, I've whipped up a quick n' dirty list of who
wrote what, found at <http://www.kenlon.com/william/temp.html>.

My top ten:
01. The Doomsday Machine (Sol Kaplan)
02. The Cage (Alexander Courage)
03. Metamorphosis (George Duning)
04. Where No Man Has Gone Before (Courage)
05. The Enemy Within (Kaplan)
06. Who Mourns For Adonis? (Fred Steiner)
07. The Enterprise Incident (Courage)
08. Amok Time (Gerald Fried)
09. Spock's Brain (Steiner)
10. What Are Little Girls Made Of? (Steiner)

The middle fourteen:
11. The Man Trap (Courage)
12. The Empath (Duning)
13. Elaan of Troyius (Steiner)
14. The Naked Time (Courage)
15. Whom Gods Destroy (Steiner)
16. Is There In Truth No Beauty? (Duning)
17. The Corbomite Maneuver (Steiner)
18. Plato's Stepchildren (Courage)
19. Friday's Child (Fried)
20. Mirror, Mirror (Steiner)
21. Charlie X (Steiner)
22. Balance of Terror (Steiner)
23. Mudd's Women (Steiner)
24. Return to Tomorrow (Duning)

My bottom ten:
25. Patterns of Force (Duning)
26. By Any Other Name (Steiner)
27. Spectre of the Gun (Fielding)
28. The Conscience of the King (Joseph Mullendore)
29. Catspaw (Fried)
30. The Paradise Syndrome (Fried)
31. Shore Leave (Fried)
32. And the Children Shall Lead (Duning)
33. I, Mudd (Samuel Matlovsky)
34. The Trouble With Tribbles (Fielding)

Discuss.

William "Mr. K" Kenlon

_______________________________________
| "...be quick to listen, slow to |
| speak, and slow to anger..." |
| -- St. James |
|_____________________________________|

Laura Goodwin

Dec 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/21/98
"William 'Mr. K' Kenlon" wrote:

> Well, now that the Sci-Fi Channel has played all of the episodes for which new
> music was composed, we can all safely pick & choose the best and worst scores,
> right?

Gee, I dunno. I never even was that conscious of the music before.

Music aficionados and fanatics may go nuts, but I gotta say...I never
really noticed the music that much! Don't get me wrong...I love music!
Let's just say *I* never noticed music that seemed really out-of-place,
and call it a day.

--
Laura Goodwin

"Pain is fleeting, glory is forever.
Remember: scars are sexy."

Va.

Dec 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/21/98
I promise to start noticing more, but the only ones I really remember
noticing before are "Is There in Truth No Beauty" and "The Empath".
Va.

Martin McKee

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98

William 'Mr. K' Kenlon wrote in message <367EDA76...@kenlon.com>...

>Well, now that the Sci-Fi Channel has played all of the episodes for which
new
>music was composed, we can all safely pick & choose the best and worst
scores,
>right? I've listed mine below, and I'd like to know what everyone else
thinks
>-- what are your top ten & bottom ten?
>If your memories need refreshing, I've whipped up a quick n' dirty list of
who
>wrote what, found at <http://www.kenlon.com/william/temp.html>.

Off the top of my head, and in no particular order...
Doomsday Machine
Amok Time
Trouble With Tribbles

Where No Man Has Gone Before