MUSIC FROM OS MESSAGE LOST

1 view

Jerazk

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
I was inquiring about the music from the Original Series, mostly season 2 but I
like all 3 season scores:

question is is any of this available and is the music from the following eps
taken from previous ep scores?

MIRROR MIRROR-especially the fight scenes
THE APPLE
CATSPAW-again, the fight at the end the most
JOURNEY TO BABEL
FRIDAY'S CHILD
WOLF IN THE FOLD
GAMESTARS OF TRISKELION
A PIECE OF THE ACTION
A PRIVATE LITTLE WAR
PATTERNS OF FORCE
OMEGA GLORY-especially when Kirk if first chased
BREAD AND CIRCUSES
THAT WHICH SURVIVES
DEVIL IN THE DARK-great score!
ARENA
COURT MARTIAL
SPACE SEED
THIS SIDE OF PARADISE

Thanks!

jeffbond

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
Jerazk wrote:

> I was inquiring about the music from the Original Series, mostly season 2 but I
> like all 3 season scores:
>
> question is is any of this available and is the music from the following eps
> taken from previous ep scores?
>
> MIRROR MIRROR-especially the fight scenes
- the fight scene music in MIRROR MIRROR is actually a "library" cue
which was not written for a specific scene, but intended to be used
generically. It's a faster-tempo version of Alexander Courage's fight
scene music from the climax of "Where No Man Has Gone Before." This
music is not currently available.
> THE APPLE - all music in this episode is from previous episode scores, particularly Who Mourns For Adonais, Amok Time and Catspaw among others.

> CATSPAW-again, the fight at the end the most
This hasn't been put out yet.
> JOURNEY TO BABEL
Most of the JTB music (excluding the fight music, which is the same as
used in MIRROR, MIRROR) is from The Doomsday Machine, Amok Time and
Friday's Child.
> FRIDAY'S CHILD
Nope--not available yet.
> WOLF IN THE FOLD
This is mostly culled from CATSPAW and THE CAGE
> GAMESTARS OF TRISKELION
Mostly from Amok Time, Metamorphosis (the love theme) and Who Mourns For Adonais.

> A PIECE OF THE ACTION
Mostly from The Trouble With Tribbles and Friday's Child.
> A PRIVATE LITTLE WAR
Mostly from Friday's Child and Amok Time
> PATTERNS OF FORCE
An original score, currently unreleased

> OMEGA GLORY-especially when Kirk if first chased
This is from Friday's Child. The only original music in the episode is
the climactic "flag" music written by Fred Steiner.

> BREAD AND CIRCUSES
> THAT WHICH SURVIVES
It's unclear who did the "Losira disappearing" stinger but the rest is
mostly from Spock's Brain.

> DEVIL IN THE DARK-great score!
All previous music from Charlie X, Enemy Within, etc.
> ARENA
Mostly from Enemy Within and What Are Little Girls Made of?
> COURT MARTIAL
Tracked with Corbomite Maneuver, Enemy Within, Conscience of the King, etc.
> SPACE SEED
Tracked with Balance of Terror, What Are Little Girls Made of?, Enemy
Within, etc.
> THIS SIDE OF PARADISE
Music from Shore Leave (the love theme), The Cage (the spore music), etc.

I actually wrote a book on this subject called The Music of Star Trek
from Lone Eagle Publishing. They should still have a few thousand copies left!

These are the ONLY TOS episodes that had original music written for
them--I've noted what music has been released and what hasn't:

The Cage - released on GNP/Crescendo
Where No Man Has Gone Before - released on GNP/Crescendo
The Corbomite Maneuver - released on GNP/Crescendo and rerecorded for
Varese Sarabande
The Man Trap
The Naked Time - released on GNP/Crescendo
Charlie X - rerecorded for Varese Sarabande
Mudd's Women - rerecorded for Varese Sarabande
What Are Little Girls Made of? - released by GNP/Crescendo
Balance of Terror - released on GNP/Crescendo
The Enemy Within - rerecorded for Label X
Shore Leave - released on GNP/Crescendo
Conscience of the King - rerecorded for Label X
City on the Edge of Forever (a few brief cues, mostly based on the song
"Goodnight, Sweetheart")

Amok Time - released on GNP/Crescendo
Catspaw
Friday's Child
Who Mourns For Adonais?
Mirror, Mirror (mostly adapted from Balance of Terror and What Are
Little Girls Made of?) - rerecorded for Varese Sarabande
The Trouble With Tribbles - released on GNP/Crescendo and rerecorded for
Varese Sarabande
Metamorphosis
The Doomsday Machine - released on GNP/Crescendo
Patterns of Force
I, Mudd - rerecorded for Label X
By Any Other Name - rerecorded for Varese Sarabande
Return to Tomorrow
The Omega Glory (flag music only)

The Paradise Syndrome - rerecorded for Label X
Spectre of the Gun - rerecorded for Label X
Elaan of Troyius
The Enterprise Incident
And the Children Shall Lead
Spock's Brain
Is There In Truth No Beauty? - rerecorded for Label X
The Empath - rerecorded for Varese Sarabande
Plato's Stepchildren

Jerazk

Jul 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/27/00
wow! Thanks! Any address of phone number on how to get that book you wrote?

jeffbond

Jul 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/27/00

You can order it online at www.filmscoremonthly.com, I believe...