ship sizes..

David Stipes

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Chris wrote:

> Well, I am looking for some ship size info.. I know that the Enterprise is
> about (or exactly) 641m long, and the Borg ship is about 3 times that at
> 2000m (all dimentions).. I'd really like to know how USS Voyager, USS
> Defiant and the two known Jem Ha'dar ship classes (the fighter and the
> battleship) compare to those sizes. I would imagine that all of the latter
> are smaller then the Enterprise however the Jem Hadar battleship could come
> close? Any info on that at all?
>
> Trypt

Akira = 860'
Sabre = 625'
Steamrunner = 800'
Vor'Cha = 1500'
Neg'Var = 2250'
Jem Hadar Battle Cruiser = 2500'
Jem Hadar "Bug" Fighter = 500'
Cardassian "Hediki" Fighter = 500'
Voyager = 1200' to 1250'
Defiant = 560'
Small Bord of Prey = 360'
Martok's Bird of Prey = 450'
Runabouts = 65'
DS-9 Station = 5280'
Reliant (Merada Class) = 500' to 560'

Some fans may argue these sizes with me...but these ARE what we use on
the Trek shows. You may get some variation in an episode in order to
satisfy a particular story point.

David Stipes, Visual Effects Supervisor, DS-9

Chris

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Spaceman Spiff

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

How about the size of the new fighters Starfleet is employing? Also do they
have a class name yet, besides Fighters? Just curious. Thanks.

Brian Barjenbruch

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

> How about the size of the new fighters Starfleet is employing? Also do they
> have a class name yet, besides Fighters?

Peregrine.

Brian

Sta...@webtv.net

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

Don't know if the fighters meant were Maquis type. Those would be
Peregrine Class. The experimental vessel seen in "Message In A Bottle"
was, of course, Prometheus Class. Anybody know how big it is?

StAkA

Jay

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

Sta...@webtv.net wrote in message
<6a8ed0$32r$1...@newsd-163.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

Don't know if the fighters meant were Maquis type. Those would be
Peregrine Class. The experimental vessel seen in "Message In A Bottle"
was, of course, Prometheus Class. Anybody know how big it is?

Just a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing between Voyager and Enterprise E
size somewhere...didn't dwarf the Defiant's like the E did in First Contact,
although I don't know if it really should have dwarfed it that much, but I
don't think it was only twice the size of the Defiants either, which is what
Voyager would be...then again, I wasn't really thinking about it at the time
so I've gotta wait for the rerun to check it out again.