"Tears" ship names/numbers

David Stipes

Jun 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/25/98

To all who have asked for ship names and registery numbers for "Tears of
the Prophets"

These were kindly provided by John Gross and Karen Sickles of Digital
Muse, the company that did the CGI work.

> Here's the ships we named in "Tears of the Prophets"
>
> The Excelsior (flyby) is the Valley Forge NCC-43305
> The D class (taking hits from the OWP) is the Galaxy NCC-70637
> The Miranda that gets hit by the OWP later is the ShirKahr NCC-31905
> The other D class (doesn't take major hits) is the Venture NCC-71854
> The Excelsior in the escort (run on the moon) is the Hood NCC-42768
> The two Miranda in the escort (run on the moon) are the Nautilus
> NCC-31910
> and the Tian An Men NCC-21382 but I don't think you can ever see
> their names

D. Joseph Creighton

Jun 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/25/98

}
}These were kindly provided by John Gross and Karen Sickles of Digital
}Muse, the company that did the CGI work.

I appreciate this list, David. The references will be put into the list
I maintain and, hopefully, it will reduce the re-occurance of similar
questions in the future.

My thanks to you, and to John and Karen as well.

- Joe
--
# Insert a quip: this line will be replaced and will never appear in the .sig
http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~djc/

pitbull

Jun 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/25/98

I wonder how do these people know the ships names and reg. numbers?

David Stipes <"dstipes[NO SPAM]"@earthlink.net> > wrote in message
<359200...@earthlink.net>...

>To all who have asked for ship names and registery numbers for "Tears of
>the Prophets"
>
>These were kindly provided by John Gross and Karen Sickles of Digital
>Muse, the company that did the CGI work.

yves

Jun 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/25/98

In article <359200...@earthlink.net>, dstipes[NO, SPAM]@earthlink.net wrote:

Cool, I was wondering if anyone had this info... but I thought, "nah"...
Any mention of the Akira class?
___
Thanks,
Yves

Richie Kennedy

Jun 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/26/98

David Stipes wrote:

> To all who have asked for ship names and registery numbers for "Tears of
> the Prophets"
>
> These were kindly provided by John Gross and Karen Sickles of Digital
> Muse, the company that did the CGI work.
>
> > Here's the ships we named in "Tears of the Prophets"
> >
> > The Excelsior (flyby) is the Valley Forge NCC-43305
> > The D class (taking hits from the OWP) is the Galaxy NCC-70637
> > The Miranda that gets hit by the OWP later is the ShirKahr NCC-31905
> > The other D class (doesn't take major hits) is the Venture NCC-71854
> > The Excelsior in the escort (run on the moon) is the Hood NCC-42768
> > The two Miranda in the escort (run on the moon) are the Nautilus
> > NCC-31910
> > and the Tian An Men NCC-21382 but I don't think you can ever see
> > their names

Hood: I'm writing a continuing story. One of the minor points involved
blowing up the Hood. Looks like I have a rewrite :)

Tien An Men: In The Cards (DS9) suggested that the ship was missing
near the border. I assume that they have it back. Above mentioned
story involved the Dominion picking up the Tien An Mien and taking it
intact. Now, I'm going to have to write a retake, and maybe the rescue
of her crew ;)

|Richie Kennedy rou...@sunflower.com|
| |
|Route 56 Productions http://dv016s9.lawrence.ks.us/ |
|KU Crimson Girls http://dv016s9.lawrence.ks.us/crimson/ |
|High School Poms/Cheers http://dv016s9.lawrence.ks.us/spirit/ |
|Kansas Highways http://dv016s9.lawrence.ks.us/highways/ |
|The Gas Price Guide |
| http://dv016s9.lawrence.ks.us/gaspriceguide/index.pl |

Dwight Williams

Jun 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/26/98

And that Akira-class ship that got torched by Dominion forces at
Chin'toka? I think that one got left off the list...
--
Dwight Williams(ad...@freenet.carleton.ca) -- Orleans, Ontario, Canada

doughboy

Jun 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/26/98

Dwight Williams wrote:

> And that Akira-class ship that got torched by Dominion forces at
> Chin'toka? I think that one got left off the list...

Yes please! I'm sure we'd all like to find out Thunderchild's sister
ships names and numbers!

Aaron Morse

Tai-Pan

Jun 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/26/98

Dwight Williams wrote:

> And that Akira-class ship that got torched by Dominion forces at
> Chin'toka? I think that one got left off the list...
> --
> Dwight Williams(ad...@freenet.carleton.ca) -- Orleans, Ontario, Canada

I paused my VCR and looked at the Excelsior flying by the screen and the
name looked like USS Montana, NCC-43308) I came to that when I saw the
last part on the letters and seen (tana), I don't think they have a ship
called the Katana. SO I figured it was Montana. Look closely and you'll
see what I mean.

USS Valient
uss_v...@hotmail.com

David Stipes

Jun 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/26/98

Dwight Williams wrote:

> And that Akira-class ship that got torched by Dominion forces at
> Chin'toka? I think that one got left off the list...
> --
> Dwight Williams(ad...@freenet.carleton.ca) -- Orleans, Ontario, Canada

The Akira did not receive a registry number.

David Stipes, Visual Effects Supervisor, DS-9

armyof...@gmail.com

May 17, 2017, 12:29:14 AM5/17/17
On Thursday, 25 June 1998 03:00:00 UTC-4, David Stipes wrote:
> To all who have asked for ship names and registery numbers for "Tears of
> the Prophets"
>
> These were kindly provided by John Gross and Karen Sickles of Digital
> Muse, the company that did the CGI work.
>

> > Here's the ships we named in "Tears of the Prophets"
> >
> > The Excelsior (flyby) is the Valley Forge NCC-43305
> > The D class (taking hits from the OWP) is the Galaxy NCC-70637
> > The Miranda that gets hit by the OWP later is the ShirKahr NCC-31905
> > The other D class (doesn't take major hits) is the Venture NCC-71854
> > The Excelsior in the escort (run on the moon) is the Hood NCC-42768
> > The two Miranda in the escort (run on the moon) are the Nautilus
> > NCC-31910
> > and the Tian An Men NCC-21382 but I don't think you can ever see
> > their names

neato