The Great Beaner Boycott

Big Al Tomatoes

May 1, 2006, 2:22:43 PM5/1/06
Anybody out there have their life grind to a halt today?

Everything seems to be working up this way, dishes are getting washed,
lawns are getting mowed and stereos are getting stolen.

Haven't noticed a thing.

Going For Broke

May 1, 2006, 2:31:36 PM5/1/06
But are you missing bullfighting on your satellite TV?

"Big Al Tomatoes" <stabu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Flagstaff Frank

May 1, 2006, 2:33:33 PM5/1/06

"Big Al Tomatoes" <stabu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Can't get any Chinese food here tho.

Big Al Tomatoes

May 1, 2006, 2:54:30 PM5/1/06

No, you top-posting FAWK!

NOW GO GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINE BOX!!!

Ah, the sweet smell of abuse. Next....

Caro...@aol.com

May 1, 2006, 2:58:17 PM5/1/06

There is absolutely no one working on the home being built next door.
And they have been working on it 5 days a week since December.

Carol

Big Al Tomatoes

May 1, 2006, 3:27:48 PM5/1/06

Lovely. What state?

When you're an illegal alien trying to avoid detection and advance your
cause, stopping work and helping pinpoint exactly where illegals are
working is REALLY going to help your cause. That reminds me of those
race riots after those cops in Simi Valley got let off. All those thugs
sure showed 'the man' who's boss by burning down their own neighborhoods.

John Doherty

May 1, 2006, 3:43:43 PM5/1/06
In article <xMidnWJ9OMi...@adelphia.com>,

Big Al Tomatoes <stabu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When you're an illegal alien trying to avoid detection and advance your
> cause, stopping work and helping pinpoint exactly where illegals are
> working is REALLY going to help your cause. That reminds me of those
> race riots after those cops in Simi Valley got let off. All those thugs
> sure showed 'the man' who's boss by burning down their own neighborhoods.

Tru dat;-)

But a lot of those marching or boycotting are not necessarily illegal
themselves. Would you be less motivated if it was your brother who was
illegal?

That said, I think the stink of failure crept over this boycott, with
many leaders of the movement seeking to stifle it because of potential
backlash.

Why make a stink when the wind is actually blowing their way? In
politics, one of the first rules is to be able to get out of your own
way.

JD

Flagstaff Frank

May 1, 2006, 3:49:41 PM5/1/06

> Caro...@aol.com wrote:
>> There is absolutely no one working on the home being built next door.
>> And they have been working on it 5 days a week since December.
>>
>> Carol
>>

> Lovely. What state?

The State of Shock after yesterday's game at Staples center

Caro...@aol.com

May 1, 2006, 4:00:23 PM5/1/06
Lovely. What state?

The State of Shock after yesterday's game at Staples center.

I bet Sarver is on some type of antidepressant at this point.

Carol

DUANE DOSTIE

May 1, 2006, 4:06:19 PM5/1/06
In solidarity I took today as a comp day. I went shopping for tear gas and
rubber bullets, but they were out.

Big Al Tomatoes

May 1, 2006, 4:09:56 PM5/1/06

For a more serious look at how I actually view these events, check out
my blog:

http://fatbaldmarriedguy.blogspot.com/

Ford T. FreezerClown

May 1, 2006, 4:11:54 PM5/1/06

You know - with all the pandering and hand-wringing that both parties
are doing over the issue - the solution to this seems pretty simple to
me. Stiff fines for every business owner caught employing an illegal.
3rd time caught- minimum one year in the federal slammer.

No wall needed - the problem would dissapear tomorrow. Illegals
heading back to Mexico because nobody will employ them. Wages for the
jobs go up and we take a hit in prices but the unemployment rate goes
way down.

lg

May 1, 2006, 4:53:04 PM5/1/06
Right, like the Republicans would even fine any business owner, face
it, Americans are addicted to cheap labor and no one will ever be fined
for employing an illegal immigrant. How about getting rid of Welfare so
those lazy asses will have to look for work.

And for the record, this boycott is for all races, not just "beaners"

badaboom

May 1, 2006, 5:18:52 PM5/1/06
Traffic was much better in Miami. I wish they would strike everyday.

DUANE DOSTIE

May 1, 2006, 5:30:53 PM5/1/06
99.95% Beaners.

"lg" <lgt...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

joe mama

May 1, 2006, 5:36:55 PM5/1/06

"Big Al Tomatoes" <stabu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I'm in southern California, and noticed three things.

1. No sound of leaf blowers all day
2. Mexicans will be Mexicans. They might be taking the day off, but on two
separate occasions, I saw some dudes coming out of 7Elevens with twelve
packs of Bud. I guess they still need their buzz on the days off! Anheiser
Busch might get an actual bump today.
3. Every park is full with the sound of soccer players.

Vegetable Lasagne

May 1, 2006, 6:19:39 PM5/1/06
Big Al Tomatoes <stabu...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:LbednetULMCN9svZRVn-
t...@adelphia.com:

> http://fatbaldmar

In this world of globalization, can't at least SOME of them go somewhere the
fuck else?

It's not "suddenly." Quotas by nationality have been in effect for a hundred
years.

Why don't they stay and improve their own countries instead of coming here
and complaining? Like the couple in Meadow's office. They're telling us how
to run our own national security, like they did such a great job doing the
same thing where they came from.

This is nothing more than a de facto invasion from the south. They're
reversing the defeat of Mexico by just walking in by the millions. They're
criminals until the laws are changed and I have no problem sending them back.
We let a fair amount of people in legally.

It's all about cheap labor, really, though. Big companies can save money on
their backs, so it's all moot. It's going to continue since big money elects
the president.

lg

May 1, 2006, 6:27:42 PM5/1/06
I wonder what this country would be like if they had turned away all
the Italians at Ellis Island - I can't believe all you racist people.

Vegetable Lasagne

May 1, 2006, 6:32:13 PM5/1/06
"lg" <lgt...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1146522461.960858.226980
@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I wonder what this country would be like if they had turned away all
> the Italians at Ellis Island - I can't believe all you racist people.

My family came in legally, under quotas. Through Ellis Island.

Big Al Tomatoes

May 1, 2006, 6:53:01 PM5/1/06
lg wrote:

> I wonder what this country would be like if they had turned away all
> the Italians at Ellis Island - I can't believe all you racist people.

I'm not racist. All are welcome. Ellis Island immigrants came in here
legitimately and lived above board. All I'm asking is that the rest of
them do the same.

Moonshine

May 1, 2006, 7:07:41 PM5/1/06

"Big Al Tomatoes" <stabu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

After getting stuck near town hall today as 3 to 4 hundred clogged the
streets I made a sign. I went to staples got a posterboard and a thick
black magic marker. I put my sign in my rear window and drove around the
block a few times...............

LEARN ENGLISH
THEN WE'LL
TALK ABOUT
IMMIGRATION

I blew my horn, waved and smiled. No one could read it so I lost intrest
and finished my work for the day, but i am thinking of making it a bumper
sticker.

Big Al Tomatoes

May 1, 2006, 7:32:54 PM5/1/06

Lets not kid ourselves here; while there are illegal immigrants from all
over the world, this issue is predominantly about Mexicans. Mexicans are
the poster child of illegal immigration.

Big Al Tomatoes

May 1, 2006, 7:49:23 PM5/1/06
That must be why all of the organizers have called for everyone to
'boycott the gringo'.

lg

May 1, 2006, 8:28:15 PM5/1/06
Wow, such high & mighty people in this user group or better stated,
ignorant people.

Vegetable Lasagne

May 1, 2006, 8:35:39 PM5/1/06
"lg" <lgt...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1146529695.434231.92230
@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Wow, such high & mighty people in this user group or better stated,
> ignorant people.

Get your own head of the sand re ignorance...
from snopes.com
Home --> Politics --> Quotes --> Hispanic Leaders Speak Out!

Hispanic Leaders Speak Out!

Claim: E-mail reproduces quotes from various Hispanic leaders and
newspaper articles regarding U.S. immigrants.

Example: [Collected via e-mail, 2006]

"You old white people. It is your duty to die."
HISPANIC LEADERS SPEAK OUT!

Augustin Cebada, Brown Berets; "Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth
Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You are old and tired. Go on.
We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is
your duty to die . . . Through love of having children, we are going to
take over.

Richard Alatorre, Los Angeles City Council. "They're afraid we're going to
take over the governmental institutions and other institutions. They're
right. We will take them over . . . We are here to stay."

Excelsior, the national newspaper of Mexico, "The American southwest seems
to be slowly returning to the jurisdiction of Mexico without firing a
single shot."

Professor Jose Angel Gutierrez, University of Texas; "We have an aging
white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is
in our population . . . I love it. They are shitting in their pants with
fear. I love it."

Art Torres, Chairman of the California Democratic Party, "Remember 187 —
proposition to deny taxpayer funds for services to non-citizens — was the
last gasp of white America in California."

Gloria Molina, Los Angeles County Supervisor, "We are politicizing every
single one of these new citizens that are becoming citizens of this country
... I gotta tell you that a lot of people are saying, "I'm going to go out
there and vote because I want to pay them back."

Mario Obledo, California Coalition of Hispanic Organizations and California
State Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare under Governor Jerry
Brown, also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Bill
Clinton, "California is going to be a Hispanic state. Anyone who doesn't
like it should leave."

Jose Pescador Osuna, Mexican Consul General , "We are practicing 'La
Reconquista' in California."

Professor Fernando Guerra, Loyola Marymount University; "We need to avoid a
white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos ..."

Are these just the words of a few extremists? Consider that we could fill
up many pages with such quotes. Also, consider that these are mainstream
Mexican leaders.

THE U.S. VS MEXICO:

On February 15, 1998, the U.S. and Mexican soccer teams met at the Los
Angeles Coliseum. The crowd was overwhelmingly pro-Mexican even though most
lived in this country. They booed during the National Anthem and U.S. flags
were held upside down. As the match progressed, supporters of the U.S. team
were insulted, pelted with projectiles, punched and spat upon. Beer and
trash were thrown at the U.S. players before and after the match. The coach
of the U.S. team, Steve Sampson said, "This was the most painful experience
I have ever had in this profession."

Did you know that immigrants from Mexico and other non-European countries
can come to this country and get preferences in jobs, education, and
government contracts? It's called affirmative action or racial privilege.
The Emperor of Japan or the President of Mexico could migrate here and
immediately be eligible for special rights unavailable for Americans of
European descent. Recently, a vote was taken in the U.S. Congress to end
this practice. It was defeated. Every single Democratic senator except
Ernest Hollings voted to maintain special privileges for Hispanic, Asian
and African immigrants. They were joined by thirteen Republicans. Bill
Clinton and Al Gore have repeatedly stated that they believe that massive
immigration from countries like Mexico is good. They have also backed
special privileges for these immigrants.

Corporate America has signed on to the idea that minorities and third world
immigrants should get special, privileged status. Some examples are Exxon,
Texaco, Merrill Lynch, Boeing, Paine Weber, Starbucks and many more.

DID YOU KNOW? Did you know that Mexico regularly intercedes on the side of
the defense in criminal cases involving Mexican nationals? Did you know
that Mexico has NEVER extradited a Mexican national accused of murder in
the U.S. in spite of agreements to do so? According to the L.A. Times,
Orange County, California is home to 275 gangs with 17,000 members; 98% of
which are Mexican and Asian. How's your county doing?

According to a New York Times article dated May 19, 1994, 20 years after
the great influx of legal immigrants from Southeast Asia, 30% are still on
welfare compared to 8% of households nationwide. A Wall Street Journal
editorial dated December 5, 1994 quotes law enforcement officials as
stating that Asian mobsters are the "greatest criminal challenge the
country faces." Not bad for a group that is still under 5% of the
population.

Is education important to you? Here are the words of a teacher who spent
over 20 years in the Los Angeles School system. "Imagine teachers in
classes containing 30-40 students of widely varying attention spans and
motivation, many of whom aren't fluent in English. Educators seek learning
materials likely to reach the majority of students and that means fewer
words and math problems and more pictures and multicultural references."

WHEN I WAS YOUNG: When I was young, I remember hearing about the immigrants
that came through Ellis Island. They wanted to learn English. They wanted
to breath free. They wanted to become Americans. Now too many immigrants
come here with demands. They demand to be taught in their own language.
They demand special privileges — affirmative action. They demand ethnic
studies that glorify their culture.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?: Send copies of this letter to at least two other people,
100 would be even better. Help us get the word out.

And did you know that at the hospital these illegals cannot be turned down
if they can't pay and they certainly don't pay. I saw a man on TV who took
his Caucasian neighbor to an emergency room. He was slowly bleeding to
death yet he had to wait for three hours for emergency treatment because
the staff was busy giving prenatal treatment, cold and flu remedies,
aspirin, etc., to illegals who could not speak English. They were all
treated for free. When the bleeding Caucasian man's turn finally came they
would not touch him until he proved that he had insurance.

Because of the overwhelming number of illegals in this country, this past
year alone 84 hospitals in the Los Angeles area went out of business.

If you think there is something seriously sick going on in our country you
had better write a letter to your congressman letting him know how you
feel. Soon it will be too late so you might consider getting a head start
and enrolling in a Spanish class.

Origins: With immigration reform being one of the hot-button political
issues in the U.S. in early 2006, the above-quoted collection of quotes
from various Hispanic leaders and newspaper articles regarding U.S.
immigrants started circulating widely on the Internet. Even though the
issue was timely, this collection was actually compiled several years
earlier and references statements made by Californians during 1990 (when
immigration reform was also a hot-button political issue in California due
to the controversial Proposition 187 ballot measure). Audio clips of many
of the quotes reproduced above were collected on a CD offered by for sale
by the California Coalition for Immigration Reform CCIR, and we include a
link to the relevant clip after the discussion of each item below:

future. You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten
rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die ... Through love of
having children, we are going to take over."
The is an excerpt from a statement by Augustin Cebada of the Brown Berets
de Aztlán, a paramilitary offshoot of the Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de
Aztlán (MEChA), delivered during a Fourth of July rally held outside the
Federal Building in Westwood, California, in 1996:
We're here today to show L.A., show the minority people here, the Anglo-
Saxons, that we are here, the majority, we're here to stay. We do the work
in this city, we take care of the spoiled brat children, we clean their
offices, we pick the food, we do the manufacturing in the factories of
L.A., we are the majority here, and we are not going to be pushed around.

We're here in Westwood, this is the fourth time we've been here in the last
two months, to show white Anglo-Saxon Protestant L.A., the few of you who
remain, that we are the majority, and we claim this land as ours, it's
always been ours, and we're still here, and uh, none of this talk about
deporting. If anybody's going to be deported it's going to be you.

[SHOUTING] Go back to Simi Valley, you skunks! Go back to Woodland Hills!
the future. You're old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you; leave like
beaten rats.

You old white people, it is your duty to die. Even their own ethicists say
that they should die; that they have a duty to die. They're taking up too
much space, too much air.

We are the majority in L.A. There's over seven million Mexicans in L.A.
County alone. We are the majority. And you're going to see every day more
and more of it, as we ... we manifest as our young people grow up, graduate
from high school, go on to college and start taking over this society. Our
people ... are ... the vast majority of our people are under the age of 15
years old. Right now we're already controlling those elections, whether
it's through violence or nonviolence. Through love of having children we
are gonna take over.
[Audio link]

"They're afraid we're going to take over the governmental institutions and
other institutions. They're right. We will take them over ... We are here
to stay."
This is an excerpt from a statement made by Richard Alatorre (then a member
of the Los Angeles City Council) at a Latino summit conference in Los
Angeles in September 1996, about the upcoming Proposition 209 ballot
measure, which sought to prohibit governmental agencies in California from
"discriminating against or giving preferential treatment to any individual
or group in public employment ... on the basis of race, sex, color,
ethnicity, or national origin" (also known as the "end of affirmative
action" proposition):
Because our numbers are growing, they're afraid about this great mass of
minorities that now live in our community. They're afraid that we're going
to take over the governmental institutions and other institutions. They are
right, we will take them over, and we are not going to go away — we are
here to stay, and we are saying 'ya basta' (enough!) and we are going to
turn ... and uh, de ... not elect or re-elect people that believe that they
are going to advance their political careers on the backs of immigrants and
the backs of minorities.
[Audio link]

(NOTES: Richard Alatorre served in the California State Assembly from 1973
to 1985 and was a member of the Los Angeles City Council from 1985 to 1999.
He was twice fined for violating conflict of interest provisions while a
council member, and in 2001 he agreed to plead guilty to a federal criminal
charge of felony tax evasion, admitting that "he failed to report to the
Internal Revenue Service nearly $42,000 in cash he received from
individuals attempting to influence [him] in his official duties."
Proposition 209 was passed by 54% of California voters in November 1996.)

"The American southwest seems to be slowly returning to the jurisdiction of
Mexico without firing a single shot."
We haven't been able to verify this quote (or find the context) for this
statement purportedly taken from Excélsior, a Mexico City newspaper.

"We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are
dying. The explosion is in our population ... I love it. They are shitting
in their pants with fear. I love it."
This is an excerpt from a statement by José Angel Gutiérrez, then an
Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of Texas at
Arlington (and a former leader of the La Raza Unida political party) at a
Latino conference held at the University of California, Riverside on 14
January 1995, regarding the effects of California's recently-passed
Proposition 187 ballot measure (which sought to bar illegal immigrants from
public education and other social services provided by the state):
The border remains a military zone. We remain a hunted people. Now you
think you have a destiny to fulfill in this land that historically has been
ours for forty thousand years, and we're a new Mestizo nation. And they
want us to discuss civil rights. Civil rights! What law made by white men
to oppress all of us of color, female and male! This is our homeland. We
cannot, we will not, and we must not be made illegal in our own homeland.
We are not im-mi-grants that came from another country to another country;
we are migrants, free to travel the length and breadth of the Americas
because we belong here. We are millions. We just have to survive. We have
an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. It's a
matter of time. [laughter] The explosion is in our population.
[Audio link]

(NOTES: We haven't been able to verify the last portion of Professor
Gutiérrez's statement, about white America "shitting in their pants with
fear," as it does not appear in the audio clip provided. The
constitutionality of Proposition 187 was challenged within days of its
passage, and most of its provisions were eventually voided.)

"Remember 187 (proposition to deny taxpayer funds for services to non-
citizens) was the last gasp of white America in California."
This is a sentence taken from a statement given by Art Torres, a fomer
California State Assembly member and State Senator, at the UC Riverside
conference referenced above:
It is an honor to be with the new leadership of the Americas, here meeting
at UC Riverside. So with 187 on the ballot, what is it going to take for
our people to vote, to see us walking into the gas ovens? It is electoral
power that is going to make the determination of where we go as a
community. And power is not given to you; you have to take it. Remember:
187 is the last gasp of white America in California. Understand that. And
people say to me on the Senate floor when I was in the Senate, 'Why do you
fight so hard for affirmative action programs?' And I tell my white
colleagues, 'because you're going to need them' [laughter].
[Audio link]

(NOTE: A month after making this statement, Art Torres was appointed
Chairman of the California Democratic Party, a position he holds as of
2006.)

"We are politicizing every single one of these new citizens that are
becoming citizens of this country ... I gotta tell you that a lot of people
are saying, 'I'm going to go out there and vote because I want to pay them
back.'"
This is an excerpt from a statement made by Gloria Molina, a Los Angeles
County Supervisor, at a Southwest Voter Registration Project (SVREP) rally
in June 1996:
Tonight Latinos across this country are coming together and they are
shouting one thing: we are united. And we are united because we want to
demand the kind of political respect that we should have. We demand to be
counted. And what we know as well is that the big giant that they keep
talking about is awakening. And he's pretty angry about what's going on. Ya
basta! (enough). This community is no longer going to stand for it. Because
tonight we are organizing across this country in a single mission, in a
plan. We are going to organize like we've never organized before. We are
going to go into our neighborhoods. We are going to register voters. We are
going to talk to all of those young people that need to become registered
voters and go out to vote, and we are are politicizing every single one of
those new citizens that are becoming citizens of this country. And, what we
are saying is by November we will have one million additional Latino voters
in this country, and we're gonna march ... and our vote is going to be
important. But I gotta tell you, there's a lot of people that are saying,
'I'm gonna go out there and vote because I want to pay them back!' And this
November, we are going to remember those that stood with us and we are also
going to remember those that have stood against us on the issues of
immigration, on the issues of education, on the issues of health care, on
the issues of the minimum wage.
[Audio link]

"California is going to be a Hispanic state. Anyone who doesn't like it
should leave."
Mario Obledo was a co-founder of the Mexican American Legal Defense and
Education Fund (MALDEF) and the La Raza Lawyers of California bar
association, and he formerly served as California's Secretary of Health and
Welfare. We don't know exactly when and where he first made his
controversial statement about California's becoming a "Hispanic state," but
he has confirmed he said it at least twice: during an appearance on Ray
Briem's talk radio show in May or June of 1998, and again on Tom Leykis'
talk radio show:
Obledo: "We're going to take over all the political institutions of
California. In five years the Hispanics are going to be the majority
population of this state."

Caller: "You also made the statement that California is going to become a
Hispanic state, and if anyone doesn't like it, they should leave. Did you
say that?"

Obledo: "I did. They ought to go back to Europe."
"We are practicing 'La Reconquista' in California."
"La Reconquista" (Spanish for "the reconquest") is a term that has
historically been applied to the process whereby Christians recaptured rule
over the Iberian Peninsula from Muslims between 718 and 1492. The term's
appearance in the quote above reflects a modern political usage that refers
to the retaking of portions of the U.S. Southwest that were once part of
Mexico.

The above-quoted sentence is attributed to José Pescador Osuna, the Mexican
consul general in Los Angeles. We haven't yet verified when and in what
context he supposedly said it, but it is widely cited as the end portion of
a statement he made in 1998: "Even though I'm saying this part serious and
part joking, I believe we are practicing 'La Reconquista' in California."

"We need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos."
This sentence is attributed to Fernando J. Guerra, Ph.D, an Associate
Professor in the Department of Chicano Studies and Political Science at
Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. We haven't yet verified when
and in what context he supposedly said it, other than to note that the
words are part of a longer statement also widely attributed to him: "We
need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos ...
non-Latinos aren't watching; they aren't raising questions."

On February 15, 1998, the U.S. and Mexican soccer teams met at the Los
Angeles Coliseum. The crowd was overwhelmingly pro-Mexican even though most
lived in this country. They booed during the National Anthem and U.S. flags
were held upside down. As the match progressed, supporters of the U.S. team
were insulted, pelted with projectiles, punched and spat upon. Beer and
trash were thrown at the U.S. players before and after the match. The coach
of the U.S. team, Steve Sampson said, "This was the most painful experience
I have ever had in this profession."
On 15 February 1998, Mexico's national soccer team scored a 1-0 victory
over the United States team in the CONCACAF Gold Cup championship game
before a crowd of 91,255 at the Los Angeles Coliseum. News accounts of the
match noted that some of the large number of fans who turned out to root
for the Mexican team whistled during the playing of the U.S. national
anthem, booed the U.S. team, and threw debris at U.S. players:
The pro-Mexican throng that filled the entire Coliseum — including areas
without seats because of construction — booed the Americans and showered
them with debris on several occasions.

"It seemed like we were playing in Mexico City," said U.S. forward Preki, a
native of Yugoslavia who gained his U.S. citizenship Oct. 25, 1996. "When
we played down there in Mexico City, the crowd wasn't as bad as it was
here. I think that was a shame.

"When they were playing the United States (national) anthem, all these
people were whistling (the international version of booing). I assume all
these people are living in the states. I think they should respect the
national anthem. "
Did you know that Mexico has NEVER extradited a Mexican national accused of
murder in the U.S. in spite of agreements to do so?
This absolute is no longer true. In December 2005, the Mexican government
extradited Raul Gomez García to the U.S. to stand trial in Colorado for the
murder of Denver Police Officer Donald Young and the attempted murder of
Officer John Bishop.

The original piece skips a gear here, as the following statement refers to
immigration from Southeast Asia, not Mexico:
According to a New York Times article dated May 19, 1994, 20 years after
the great influx of legal immigrants from Southeast Asia, 30% are still on
welfare compared to 8% of households nationwide.
This information was indeed taken from the beginning of a front-page 19 May
1994 New York Times article about the welfare dependency of immigants to
the U.S. from Southeast Asia:
Nearly 20 years after the end of the war in Southeast Asia brought
thousands of Cambodians, Laotians and Vietnamese refugees to this country,
many still languish in poverty, giving Southeast Asians the highest rate of
welfare dependency of any racial or ethnic group.

More than 30 percent of all Southeast Asian households in the nation now
depend on welfare for survival, according to a report on the economic
diversity of Asian-Americans released Wednesday in Washington. Among some
groups, like Cambodians and Laotians in California, the percentage of those
on welfare reaches 77 percent. Nationwide, only 8 percent of households
received public assistance in 1991.

Still, Southeast Asians account for a small fraction of the welfare budget.
Of the one million here, about 300,000 receive public aid, making up about
2 percent of the total welfare population.

In addition to highlighting the poverty of Southeast Asians here, the
report seeks to add depth to the nation's often two-dimensional picture of
Asian-Americans, who are the fastest-growing segment of the population.
Their numbers have risen from 1.4 million in 1960 to more than 7 million in
1990, or 3 percent of nation's total.

The following statement also references Asian immigants:
A Wall Street Journal editorial dated December 5, 1994 quotes law
enforcement officials as stating that Asian mobsters are the "greatest
criminal challenge the country faces." Not bad for a group that is still
under 5% of the population.
This statement did in fact appear in a 5 December 1994 Wall Street Journal
editorial about the growth of Asian criminal gangs:
Triads, Asia's famous criminal gangs, may always be with us, but right now
they seem to be posing special worries for the world's crime busters.

With China opening up, gangs from Hong Kong and Taiwan are re-establishing
themselves on the mainland. In turn, these gangs are largely responsible
for directing a massive illegal emigration of Chinese citizens to every
corner of the globe. Technology and the seamlessness of the global economy
seem to give these crime groups a power and impunity that they never had
before.

The potential is alarming, as was made clear by speakers at the recent
meeting of top law officers from around the world in Naples. Now even
Beijing's Justice Minister Xiao Yang is decrying the triads as a threat to
the mainland's "social stability."

In the U.S., law enforcement officials have started calling Asian mobsters
the greatest criminal challenge the country faces. Taiwanese gangs, such as
United Bamboo and the Four Seas Gang, are believed to mastermind the flow
of refined heroin into America and other Western countries. "Operation Dry
Dock," a U.S.-mounted sting, revealed that Taiwanese crooks were also
behind the world-wide, $3.5 billion-a-year business of smuggling people out
of the mainland. Even Moscow now has an estimated 50,000 illegal Chinese
residents.
(As noted in the New York Times piece cited above, in 1990 Asian-Americans
comprised about 3% of the total U.S. population.)

Last updated: 24 April 2006

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/hispanic.asp

Urban Legends Reference Pages © 1995-2006
by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson
This material may not be reproduced without permission.
Sources Sources:

Dunn, Ashley. "Southeast Asians Highly Dependent on Welfare in U.S."
The New York Times. 19 May 1994 (p. A1).

Ramus, Richard. "Mexico Has Road-Field Advantage."
The [Riverside] Press Enterprise. 16 February 1998 (p. D1).

The Wall Street Journal. "Global Gangs."
5 December 1994 (p. A14).

Lorraine

May 1, 2006, 8:48:56 PM5/1/06

> You know - with all the pandering and hand-wringing that both parties
> are doing over the issue - the solution to this seems pretty simple to
> me. Stiff fines for every business owner caught employing an illegal.
> 3rd time caught- minimum one year in the federal slammer.

Around here, for some reason there's always a leak that warns when
inspectors are coming, and the illegals literally run out of the
buildings into the surrounding areas and hide. Same thing used to
happen in a place I worked where there were FDA inspections - we always
knew when they were coming. Wonder why...

Mr. R

May 1, 2006, 8:54:16 PM5/1/06

"Lorraine" <vee...@aol.communge> wrote in message

>> You know - with all the pandering and hand-wringing that both parties
>> are doing over the issue - the solution to this seems pretty simple to
>> me. Stiff fines for every business owner caught employing an illegal.
>> 3rd time caught- minimum one year in the federal slammer.

That's easier said than done. The quality of the fake green cards and
drivers licenses that the illegals have is pretty damn good. Although the
employee probably knows full well that he's hiring illegals, he has enough
reasonable doubt in his "the documents looked okay to me" argument that he's
in the clear.

Message has been deleted

9lnilnl...@jetable.org

May 2, 2006, 3:56:10 AM5/2/06
Ignore this poster. It's a troll.

Van Chocstraw wrote:

> It's not a "user group". It's a usenet newsgroup. Now who's ignorant?

Big Al Tomatoes

May 2, 2006, 5:20:48 AM5/2/06
lg wrote:
> Wow, such high & mighty people in this user group or better stated,
> ignorant people.

Define what you're saying. Back it up. What's ignorant about what's
being said. How is that high & mighty.

Big Al Tomatoes

May 2, 2006, 8:09:49 AM5/2/06

badaboom wrote:
> Traffic was much better in Miami. I wish they would strike everyday.

I'll bet MS-13 didn't take the day off.

Lenny Bruce

May 2, 2006, 10:00:00 AM5/2/06
lg wrote:
> Right, like the Republicans would even fine any business owner, face
> it, Americans are addicted to cheap labor and no one will ever be fined
> for employing an illegal immigrant. How about getting rid of Welfare so
> those lazy asses will have to look for work.
>
> And for the record, this boycott is for all races, not just "beaners"

There are more US citizens who are lazy asses abusing welfare than there
are illegals looking for a free ride. The illegal Mexicans, mostly come
here to work.

Vegetable Lasagne

May 2, 2006, 10:14:31 AM5/2/06
Lenny Bruce <ju...@devnul.com> wrote in news:89adnSqcQZ18-
MrZnZ2dnU...@adelphia.com:

> lg wrote:
>> Right, like the Republicans would even fine any business owner, face
>> it, Americans are addicted to cheap labor and no one will ever be fined
>> for employing an illegal immigrant. How about getting rid of Welfare so
>> those lazy asses will have to look for work.
>>
>> And for the record, this boycott is for all races, not just "beaners"

Good point. Illegal is illegal.

> There are more US citizens who are lazy asses abusing welfare than there
> are illegals looking for a free ride. The illegal Mexicans, mostly come
> here to work.

"Mostly?" What is the percentage? What is the source of your data? What about
the mexican gangs all over California? They're working too.

Give it time, more and more and more kids, and more and more porous borders.
They'll catch up soon.

Lenny Bruce

May 2, 2006, 10:19:46 AM5/2/06
Vegetable Lasagne wrote:
> Big Al Tomatoes <stabu...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:LbednetULMCN9svZRVn-
> t...@adelphia.com:
>
> Why don't they stay and improve their own countries instead of coming here
> and complaining? Like the couple in Meadow's office. They're telling us how
> to run our own national security, like they did such a great job doing the
> same thing where they came from.

Mexico is becoming another Columbia where the drug lords and corrupt
politicals are taking over the government. There's a few very wealthy
and powerful families keeping the rest of the population in poverty.
That's what I see happening here in the US. There is an every widening
of disparity between the rich and poor with corruption, more than
illegal immigration, destroying the social fabric.

> This is nothing more than a de facto invasion from the south. They're
> reversing the defeat of Mexico by just walking in by the millions. They're
> criminals until the laws are changed and I have no problem sending them back.
> We let a fair amount of people in legally.

Border control is improtant, not only for immigration control but to
protect against terrorism and more serious criminal elements. This
requires physical control - fence, electronic monitoring and most
improtantly, increased immigration personnel. This is a first step. Only
then can we focus on labor issues.

Mike

May 2, 2006, 11:23:37 AM5/2/06

"Big Al Tomatoes" <stabu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anybody out there have their life grind to a halt today?
>
> Everything seems to be working up this way, dishes are getting washed,
> lawns are getting mowed and stereos are getting stolen.
>
> Haven't noticed a thing.

I had my lawn mowed Friday, before the boycott...

Message has been deleted

jrob

May 2, 2006, 3:42:00 PM5/2/06
Bonedust wrote:

>Speaking of ignorant:

>http://www.mexica-movement.org/granmarcha.htm

If outsiders want to become part of this country to enjoy all of the
benefits offered by citizenship, they would be best served to EMBRACE
this country and it's values rather than knocking it down when taking
to the streets. While there are many differences in opinion as to how
this issue should be best resolved, the U.S. Constitution guarantees
all citizens the right to assemble. Oh, that's right, they haven't
been guaranteed that right yet, they're not
citizens.................."Clancy, take the boys and surround the
house"

lg

May 2, 2006, 4:17:03 PM5/2/06
Wow - for a matter like this, I'd be kind of embarrassed to quote
snopes.com, takes away your credibility. Next time quote LA Times, NY
Times, Washington Post.

lg

May 2, 2006, 4:26:04 PM5/2/06
Once Americans get over the addiction of cheap labor, all this will go
away.

Mr. R

May 2, 2006, 7:40:38 PM5/2/06

> Once Americans get over the addiction of cheap labor, all this will go
> away.

Okay, let me see. I want some guys to come and do some landscaping work for
me. The official guys (if you can find them) want $3,000 and can fit me in,
in six weeks. A crew of Mexicans will do the same work for $1,200 and can
start in the morning. Oooh, I must overcome this addiction to cheap labor.
I'll go with the official guys.

lg

May 2, 2006, 7:48:11 PM5/2/06
You make no sense.

Sparky Spartacus

May 3, 2006, 4:47:34 AM5/3/06
Big Al Tomatoes wrote:

> Caro...@aol.com wrote:
>
>> There is absolutely no one working on the home being built next door.
>> And they have been working on it 5 days a week since December.
>>
>> Carol
>>

> Lovely. What state?
>
> When you're an illegal alien trying to avoid detection and advance your
> cause, stopping work and helping pinpoint exactly where illegals are
> working is REALLY going to help your cause. That reminds me of those
> race riots after those cops in Simi Valley got let off. All those thugs
> sure showed 'the man' who's boss by burning down their own neighborhoods.

These things are not always done in a rational way, besides, when they
head downtown for some wilding or other sport, you piss & moan, then, too.

Sparky Spartacus

May 3, 2006, 4:49:05 AM5/3/06
lg wrote:

> I wonder what this country would be like if they had turned away all
> the Italians at Ellis Island - I can't believe all you racist people.

No stonemasons, no OC and NO SOPRANOS!

Be careful what you wish for, be very careful.

Sparky Spartacus

May 3, 2006, 4:50:59 AM5/3/06
Big Al Tomatoes wrote:

An article in Tuesday's Daily News was about how Asians are increasingly
getting involved in these demonstrations & all.

Sparky Spartacus

May 3, 2006, 4:52:15 AM5/3/06
Vegetable Lasagne wrote:

> "lg" <lgt...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1146529695.434231.92230
> @g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>

>>Wow, such high & mighty people in this user group or better stated,
>>ignorant people.
>>

> Get your own head of the sand re ignorance...
> from snopes.com
> Home --> Politics --> Quotes --> Hispanic Leaders Speak Out!
>
> Hispanic Leaders Speak Out!
>
> Claim: E-mail reproduces quotes from various Hispanic leaders and
> newspaper articles regarding U.S. immigrants.

<snip>

You have way too much time on your hands, VegLas.

Vegetable Lasagne

May 3, 2006, 8:26:11 AM5/3/06
Sparky Spartacus <Spa...@universalexports.org> wrote in news:2b_5g.435
$gq3...@fe11.lga: