They Cut Off Don Pardo's Birthday Celebration!!!

1 view

Wavy G

Feb 24, 2008, 1:07:01 AM2/24/08
What gives, TV? Don Pardo's 195th birthday celebration was cut short
for--guess what?--a freaking commercial. He wasn't even half-way
finished blowing out the candles. This is an outrage! I call for an
all-out boycott on all TV writers, or whatever it is that we have to do,
due to this attrocity. Who's with me?

Love,
Wavy G
--
"If you don't get slapped, you're not doing it right."
--Tim Weaver gives me the best dating advice I've ever had.

David Levy

Feb 24, 2008, 1:32:15 AM2/24/08
Wavy G wrote:

> What gives, TV? Don Pardo's 195th birthday celebration was cut
> short for--guess what?--a freaking commercial. He wasn't even
> half-way finished blowing out the candles. This is an outrage!

The most annoying part is that they'd have had plenty of time for the
closing credits if they'd just axed the "Lady Business" sketch.

Steve Worek

Feb 24, 2008, 1:40:01 AM2/24/08
It's alright, we'll see it eventually, probably in the rerun.

Just might take a while... I mean, I think it took, what, 15 years for the
musical number at the end of Chevy Chase/Jr. Walker (April 1981) to run
uncut?

"David Levy" <d_l...@lifeisunfair.net> wrote in message

Brian

Feb 24, 2008, 5:10:51 AM2/24/08
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 06:40:01 GMT, "Steve Worek" <wa3...@verizon.net>
wrote:

I was at the taping. It was quite nice to see them present the cake to
Don. I am sorry to hear it was cut off in the middle.
The lady business skit sucked and was not neccessary.
In my opinon, the show was ok, not great. Thought the best thing in
the show was Carrie Underwood.
My friend and I had pretty good seats which allowed us to see most of
the sets.
20 mts before the show Don Pardo came out and said a few words, then
jason did some standup, and then fred on guitar w/kristin wigg on
vocals did a decent version of Blondies one way or another.
My friend and I also saw steve martin earlier in the evening so we
knew he was going to be on the show.

Slipped Moebius

Feb 24, 2008, 9:00:34 AM2/24/08
On Feb 24, 1:07 am, Wavy G <godsspeciall...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What gives, TV? Don Pardo's 195th birthday celebration was cut short
> for--guess what?--a freaking commercial. He wasn't even half-way
> finished blowing out the candles. This is an outrage! I call for an
> all-out boycott on all TV writers, or whatever it is that we have to do,
> due to this attrocity. Who's with me?

You have this whole passive-aggressive activist thing going on which
makes me wonder: were your parents hippies?

--
Slipped Moebius
mhm28x9

Jim Roberts

Feb 24, 2008, 10:20:03 AM2/24/08
> In my opinon, the show was ok, not great.

I thought it was very good -- probably one of the top five of the last
few years. Even the last half hour -- with the "There Will Be Blood"
parody -- was solid.

My only criticism throughout the entire show was Seth's joke about
Liberia. I thought it was totally inappropriate, and the live audience
seemed to agree.

J. Raoul Xemblinosky

Feb 24, 2008, 10:52:32 AM2/24/08

Pope Benedict XVXIIXSTDII has this whole religious thing going on
which makes me wonder: were his parents Catholics?

---
This is the .sig file of His AssHoliness, Raoul Xemblinosky mhm 15x12
http://www.experiencefestival.com/raoul_xemblinosky
http://memweb.newsguy.com/~shpxurnq

Brian

Feb 24, 2008, 11:54:40 AM2/24/08

It comes across better while watching the television. Seeing the show
live is a completely different animal. Top Five?, Ttats your opinion,
and I thinking it was just ok was my opinion. Nothing wrong or
inccorect with either one of our opinions. I thought the last show
before the strike, the Brian williams show, was much funnier.

Jim Roberts

Feb 24, 2008, 11:37:53 AM2/24/08
P.S. I was surprised by Tina's joke about Lindsay Lohan during Weekend
Update. I had always heard Tina took Lindsay "under her wing" after
doing Mean Girls. I guess that is a thing of the past.

Slipped Moebius

Feb 24, 2008, 1:06:14 PM2/24/08
On Feb 24, 10:52 am, J. Raoul Xemblinosky <rao...@xi.netcom.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 06:00:34 -0800 (PST), Slipped Moebius
>
> <erroneouscorrect...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Feb 24, 1:07 am, Wavy G <godsspeciall...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> What gives, TV? Don Pardo's 195th birthday celebration was cut short
> >> for--guess what?--a freaking commercial. He wasn't even half-way
> >> finished blowing out the candles. This is an outrage! I call for an
> >> all-out boycott on all TV writers, or whatever it is that we have to do,
> >> due to this attrocity. Who's with me?
>
> >You have this whole passive-aggressive activist thing going on which
> >makes me wonder: were your parents hippies?
>
> Pope Benedict XVXIIXSTDII has this whole religious thing going on
> which makes me wonder: were his parents Catholics?

I see your point. Unfortunately, I don't reply to poasts made by
brothers of Cuban dictators.
Betcha didn't see that one comin'!

--
Slipped Moebius
mhm28x9

janos...@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2008, 2:32:49 PM2/24/08
On Feb 24, 1:06 pm, Slipped Moebius <erroneouscorrect...@yahoo.com>

wrote:
> On Feb 24, 10:52 am, J. Raoul Xemblinosky <rao...@xi.netcom.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 06:00:34 -0800 (PST), Slipped Moebius
>
> > <erroneouscorrect...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > >You have this whole passive-aggressive activist thing going on which
> > >makes me wonder: were your parents hippies?
>
> > Pope Benedict XVXIIXSTDII has this whole religious thing going on
> > which makes me wonder: were his parents Catholics?
>
> I see your point. Unfortunately, I don't reply to poasts made by
> brothers of Cuban dictators.
> Betcha didn't see that one comin'!
>
> --
> Slipped Moebius
> mhm28x9

Overall, the show was pretty good, probably because of Tina.

The "I Drink Your Milkshake" skit was one of the worst ever. Didn't
the producers see that?

Who was the frontrunner for the Dora the Explorer movie on WU? It
looked like Fred Armisson.

Is Maya gone for good?

janos...@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2008, 2:36:17 PM2/24/08
On Feb 24, 2:32 pm, "janospet...@hotmail.com"

One more thing: The impersonation of Rachael Ray was REALLY bad. Why
did they leave that in?

J. Raoul Xemblinosky

Feb 24, 2008, 2:52:40 PM2/24/08

Unfortunately, my famous brother passed me over for his idiot son,
Fidel W. Castro =(

Jim Roberts

Feb 24, 2008, 3:54:17 PM2/24/08
<janospet...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The "I Drink Your Milkshake" skit was one of the worst ever. Didn't
> the producers see that?

To each his own. I thought the skit -- notably the impression of
Daniel Day-Lewis -- was brilliant.

You probably didn't like Alec Baldwin's "Always Be Cobbling" skit
either, did you?

Wavy G

Feb 24, 2008, 4:09:43 PM2/24/08
Dear, "Slipped Moebius": Do you like me? Please check a box ( ) YES (
) NO:

No. My dad wanted to go to "Woodstock," but my grandma wouldn't let
him.

janos...@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2008, 6:25:12 PM2/24/08

Wavy G

Feb 24, 2008, 10:12:39 PM2/24/08
Dear, "janos...@hotmail.com": Do you like me? Please check a box ( )
YES ( ) NO:

>On Feb 24, 4:09 pm, Wavy G <godsspeciall...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear, "Slipped Moebius": Do you like me? Please check a box ( ) YES (
>> ) NO:

>> >You have this whole passive-aggressive activist thing going on which
>> >makes me wonder: were your parents hippies?
>>
>> No. My dad wanted to go to "Woodstock," but my grandma wouldn't let
>> him.
>> --
>> "If you don't get slapped, you're not doing it right."
>> --Tim Weaver gives me the best dating advice I've ever had.
>> (PS: Apologies to Mimus.)
>

>Who was the frontrunner for the Dora the Explorer movie on WU? It
>looked like Fred Armisson.

Huh? He was playing that dude Javier Bardem from that moving picture
"The No Country for Old Men" that's going to win all the "Oscar" awards
tonight. (Oh, yeah. You heard me. Mark my words, bitches.)

>Is Maya gone for good?

I do not know. I just recently just saw her in "Idiocracy" which is a
beautiful and funny picture. It will make you think, and it will also
make you laugh. I have never tried Indian food.

dave hillstrom

Feb 24, 2008, 11:10:03 PM2/24/08
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:12:39 -0500, Wavy G <godsspe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

you should come over. id cook some goooood indian curry. very
different from thai curry. trust me. i wouldnt lie to teh wavy g.

--
dave hillstrom mhm15x4 zrbj

<This space for rent.>

nos...@sbcglobal.invalid.net

Feb 24, 2008, 11:23:35 PM2/24/08
"dave hillstrom" <Da...@MeOw.OrG> wrote in message news:1rf4s39g4k57mllkp...@4ax.com...

> you should come over. id cook some goooood indian curry. very
> different from thai curry. trust me. i wouldnt lie to teh wavy g.

Hey dave is this you:
http://www.meow.org/flonk/albums/hillstroms-shit/album07.highlight.jpg

The food looks similar.

dave hillstrom

Feb 24, 2008, 11:27:44 PM2/24/08
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:23:35 -0800, <nos...@sbcglobal.invalid.net>
wrote:

nono. that is a picture of me cooking cajun spice injected deep fried
turkey. food of the gods. oh, those were the days...

Wavy G

Feb 25, 2008, 1:34:45 AM2/25/08
Dear, "dave hillstrom": Do you like me? Please check a box ( ) YES ( )
NO:

It goes beyond that. I didn't want to say it before, but I have a
*severe* phobia of Indian food. I am really messed up because of it.
Here's the deal: I used to do a lot of cleaning work in my teenage days.
My local "church" used to rent out their hall for parties, and every
Saturday they seemed to have "Indian" parties (I don't really know what
to call them, but they were parties for which only Indian people
attended).

I usually showed up at the end of the night to clean up for them. The
smell was ungodly (but then again, so are they, LOL? I think I've used
that joke before, so forgive me). Lots of stagnant Indian food was
leftover when I got there. (I don't know what Indians eat, but I swear
I smelled roasted goat.) They had these yellow beans or something that
got everywhere and stained the linoleum, and this white sauce that was
spilled all over the place and looked like the aftermath of a "bukkake"
party. And the smell of "curry" saturated the entire room. I had to
clean up the entire place--all the spills and stains--and it was really
disgusting. It really made me sick. And week after week, it began to
get to me.

They could have been anywon, but they happened to be Indians. If they
were Greeks or Norwegians, I probably would have had the same result.
Don't get me wrong. They were really friendly, they always paid me
well, but the more I had to clean up the food, the more it just got to
me. To this day, I can't imagine the concept of Indian food without
thinking about scrubbing up those yellow stains and disinfecting all
that roasted goat and curry smells.

I never really realised the full impact of this event in my life, until
a few years ago. See, I work for a small "grocery" chain in Cincinnati,
and we often get food samples to try out before we decide to sell them.
I was given a free supply of a new brand of microwave "noodle" meals,
and I decided to try won out. It said it was "Mediterranean spice" or
something like that. I was hungry, and I had nothing else to eat, so I
decided to give it a try. I opened it up, and smelled it, and it
smelled pretty good. I was going to go heat it up to eat it, but just
as I was sticking it in the "microwave," I read the ingredients on the
box, and it listed things like "curry" and "cumin" and I suddenly got
chills down my back. In a panic, I quickly carried the contents of the
container over to the trashcan and dumped it out. I was truly scared.
Of *Indian food*. And I even thought it smelled *good*! What has
happened to me?

I'm sorry it had to come to this. I love all people of the world, and I
long for the day when all races and nationalities across the world can
hold hands and sing in harmony, but I just don't want to think of those
godless Indians and the horrid deathlike stink of their regular diet.
I'm sorry you had to hear this. Sorry. I'm so sorry.

Wavy G

Feb 25, 2008, 2:03:49 AM2/25/08
Dear, "Wavy G": Do you like me? Please check a box ( ) YES ( ) NO:

PS: AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!@!@!!!@@! i WAS RIGHT@!!!!