Other Dead Simpsons Character?

Keith M. Kurzman

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98

Quick question for the alt.tv.simpsons cognezcenti. Cognesenti.
Cognecenti. People in the know:

Aside from Phil Hartman and Doris Grau, was there another person who died
who played a recurring character? One who died early in the run and was
replaced? If so, who? Did I just dream it?

--Morris Stegasaurus

P.S.
Cognicenti? Arrgh....

Sean, Jared Walsh aka slw67

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98

John Price wrote:

> On 4 Jun 1998 23:37:06 GMT, kmk...@is4.nyu.edu (Keith M. Kurzman)

> wrote:
>
> >Aside from Phil Hartman and Doris Grau, was there another person who died
> >who played a recurring character? One who died early in the run and was
> >replaced? If so, who? Did I just dream it?
>
> Christopher Collins voiced Mr. Burns and Moe for two episodes
> in the first season -- I think they were "Some Enchanted Evening" and
> "Homer's Odyssey", although I could be mistaken -- and he died
> sometime in 1994.

Chris Collins, also known as Chris Latta, whose true gift to voice
acting was through Cobra Commander and Starscream...

--
>Phil Hartman 1948-1998<

Paul Canniff

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98
Sean Walsh wrote:
>Aside from Phil Hartman and Doris Grau, was there another person who died
> >who played a recurring character? One who died early in the run and was
> >replaced? If so, who? Did I just dream it?
>
>         Christopher Collins voiced Mr. Burns and Moe for two episodes
> in the first season -- I think they were "Some Enchanted Evening" and
> "Homer's Odyssey", although I could be mistaken -- and he died
> sometime in 1994.

Chris Collins, also known as Chris Latta, whose true gift to voice
acting was through Cobra Commander and Starscream...

    Why did Chris Collins have such a short run on The Simpsons? Did they just figure out right away that Harry Shearer was better or did he leave on his own terms? Also, does anyone know who Chris Collins voiced on the original Ghostbusters cartoon?
He was Cobra Commander eh? Hehe, that sure brings back grade school memories...

John Price

Jun 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/5/98

wrote:

>Aside from Phil Hartman and Doris Grau, was there another person who died
>who played a recurring character? One who died early in the run and was
>replaced? If so, who? Did I just dream it?

Christopher Collins voiced Mr. Burns and Moe for two episodes
in the first season -- I think they were "Some Enchanted Evening" and
"Homer's Odyssey", although I could be mistaken -- and he died
sometime in 1994.

| John Price |I kind of traded your soul to |
| star...@idt.net |the guy at the comic book store.|
| ICQ #2632057 |But look! I got some cool pogs:|
| S1.2 OFF++ ABE+ BUR++ SMI++ CWG+ BOB+ |Alf pogs! Remember Alf? He's |
| f++ n+ Is $ 8F13, 9F01, 9F15, 1F08, 2F09 |back...in pog form! |
| M14 | -- Milhouse, 3F02 |
| May the eskimos have mercy on your souls! - Paul Tomko, alt.tv.simpsons |

Mcgbjk

Jun 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/5/98

John Price wrote:

> On 4 Jun 1998 23:37:06 GMT, kmk...@is4.nyu.edu (Keith M. Kurzman)
> wrote:
>
> >Aside from Phil Hartman and Doris Grau, was there another person who died
> >who played a recurring character? One who died early in the run and was
> >replaced? If so, who? Did I just dream it?
>
> Christopher Collins voiced Mr. Burns and Moe for two episodes
> in the first season -- I think they were "Some Enchanted Evening" and
> "Homer's Odyssey", although I could be mistaken -- and he died
> sometime in 1994.

Really? Wow. Who does his voice now? Azaria? And can you describe those two
eps?

Jouni Paakkinen

Jun 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/5/98
to Mcgbjk

Mcgbjk wrote:

> Really? Wow. Who does his voice now? Azaria?
>And can you describe those two eps?

Harry Shearer does Mr. Burns and Hank Azaria does Moe.

"Homer's Odyssey" is the one where Homer is worried about public safety
and becomes the safety inspector at the plant.
http://www.snpp.com/episodes/7G03.html

"Some Enchanted Evening" is the babysitter bandit episode.
http://www.snpp.com/episodes/7G01.html

--
Jouni Paakkinen
http://www.utu.fi/~jopaakki/

Gyumaoh

Jun 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/5/98

>Chris Collins, also known as Chris Latta, whose true gift to voice
>acting was through Cobra Commander and Starscream...

OK, can somebody confirm that Chris Latta and Christopher Collins are one and
the same?
The International Movie Database (www.imdb.com) has two different entries for
these guys, and two different dates of death!
What gives? I'd like correct this, if anybody has some solid info.

Gyumaoh

Jun 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/5/98

> Why did Chris Collins have such a short run on The Simpsons? Did
>they just figure out right away that Harry Shearer was better or did he
>leave on his own terms?

On NBC's Later, Hank Azaria talked about how a different actor played Moe in
early episodes, and that the producers "didn't like the guy".

Ben Collins

Jun 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/5/98

In article <199806050812...@ladder03.news.aol.com>, gyu...@aol.com
(Gyumaoh) wrote:

> OK, can somebody confirm that Chris Latta and Christopher Collins are one and
> the same?
> The International Movie Database (www.imdb.com) has two different entries for
> these guys, and two different dates of death!
> What gives? I'd like correct this, if anybody has some solid info.

They're definitely the same person. He was born Christopher Latta, then his name
was changed to Collins when his stepfather adopted him.

To make the record straight, yes, he is my father.
___________
Ben Collins
S1.2 OFF+++ MRG! Moe+++# TEE+++@ f+++ n++/+++ Io $+, 9F11 M18

"I want an Internet! Can I have one of those?"
--One of the Spice Girls seeing a computer at a press conference

Ben Collins

Jun 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/5/98

In article <199806050814...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, gyu...@aol.com
(Gyumaoh) wrote:

> On NBC's Later, Hank Azaria talked about how a different actor played Moe in
> early episodes, and that the producers "didn't like the guy".

From what Chris (my father) told me, Sam Simon hated him, and he got along well
with Matt Groening.

Gyumaoh

Jun 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/5/98

>They're definitely the same person. He was born Christopher Latta, then his
>name
>was changed to Collins when his stepfather adopted him.
>
>To make the record straight, yes, he is my father.

Wow, it's nice to talk to you. I was a BIG fan of Statscream! :)
I'd like to update his International Movie Database profile then.
Which name did he go by more often? Should I have him listed as Latta or
Collins?
Could you give me his date of birth and date of death?

You should stop by "alt.toys.transformers" sometime. Everybody there LOVED
Chris and were greatly saddened by his passing. They'd love to hear from you!

The Official Prison Planet 3 Web Page!
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/1343/

Hokuto no Ken page!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Flats/1990