Tracy Ullman

Chris Pollard

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but Showcase Channel (in Canada)
is running the Tracy Ullman show, starting Sunday September 8 (I don't
know the time), which means one can finally see those hard to find
original Simpsons shorts.

Jacob Selwood

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Chris Pollard (df...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA) wrote:

: I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but Showcase Channel (in Canada)

: is running the Tracy Ullman show, starting Sunday September 8 (I don't
: know the time), which means one can finally see those hard to find
: original Simpsons shorts.

It has to be said... this is fundamentally a good thing, as it were.

--
Jake Selwood
jsel...@ccs.carleton.ca

Don Del Grande

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

df...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Chris Pollard) wrote:
>I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but Showcase Channel (in Canada)
>is running the Tracy Ullman show, starting Sunday September 8 (I don't
>know the time), which means one can finally see those hard to find
>original Simpsons shorts.

The question is, will they show the episodes with the shorts UNCUT?

Here are the most noticeable cuts when they are shown in the USA:
(The number in front indicates the episode number, including the
episodes without Simpsons shorts)

8 (4W08) - Babysitting Maggie
The entire first part of the short is cut; Maggie sticks a fork
into an electrical socket (someone said that when this was first
shown on FOX in 1987, some FOX executives told Matt Groening that
the scene would be removed, and it was not shown when the episode
was repeated)
10 (4W10) - The Pacifier
The first line (by Bart) was cut; also, when Maggie walks through
the house in the first part of the short, a scene of her walking
through (and falling in) a room just before she reaches her
bedroom is cut
14 (4W15) - Making Faces
The second part of the short was cut; Marge tells them (again) not
to make faces, so Bart and Lisa make Marge faces, but their
attempts pale in comparison to Maggie's (she says something like
"Look at this")
16 (4W14) - Maggie's Brain
The second part of the short was cut; Lisa tells Bart to say
something in "(Maggie's) own language", so Bart babbles something
and Maggie shoves her bottle into Bart's mouth
46 (5W21) - Home Hypnotism
After the kids become zombies, the part where they fall on the
floor laughing and Homer calls them "laughing zombies" was cut

Don Del Grande, del_...@ix.netcom.com
By the way, is that one episode a week or every day?

LISPACC

Sep 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/1/96

Chris Pollard (df...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA) wrote:
> I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but Showcase Channel (in Canada)
> is running the Tracy Ullman show, starting Sunday September 8 (I don't
> know the time), which means one can finally see those hard to find
> original Simpsons shorts.

Wow! If this is confirmed by my TV guide next week, I'm subscribing right
away!

You know, I've always thought there wasn't any hope to see the TU shorts in
Canada before the next century...

--
Frederic Briere <*> <fbr...@lis.net>
() alt.tv.simpsons FAQs can be retrieved at http://www.snpp.com/