Upcoming Simpsons Books

brucegomes

Feb 20, 2010, 12:07:35 PM2/20/10
To put it mildly new books are frequently being released, particularly
the comic reprints, but here's a book of note....

Simpsons World: The Ultimate Episode Guide - Seasons 1-20
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0061711284/thesimpsonsarc0f
To Be Released October 2010
This is being released by It Books, the new imprint from Harper
Collins. I'm assuming this will also be multiple volumes, similar to
the slipcase edition they previously released with three volumes. It's
listed as 1200 pages and priced at $150.00, targeted no doubt for the
holidays. Amazon currently discounting to $104.39. I'm also
assuming it will include the first four volumes *and* add three(?)
additional volumes which they will also shortly thereafter release
separately. (Following the recent pattern of two seasons per volume it
would be three additional volumes.. to maximize profits).

Then there's also a special comic reprint volume...

The Simpsons Futurama Crossover Crisis
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0810988372/thesimpsonsarc0f
To be released April 2010
Instead of a standard Harper comic reprint, this is being released as
two volumes in slipcased hardcover by Abrams ComicArts, reprinting the
four Futurama/Simpsons crossover comics.... with the corresponding
slip case price of $24.99, of course.

Other new books pending;
Apr 2010 - Simpsons Comics Get Some Fancy Book Learnin'
(reprinting Simpson Comics 91/92/93/94/95)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0061957879/thesimpsonsarc0f
Apr 2010 - Bart Simpson Class Clown
(reprinting Bart Simpson Comics 34/35/36/37/38)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0061976296/thesimpsonsarc0f
Oct 2010 - Chief Wiggum / The Simpsons Library of Wisdom
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0061787434/thesimpsonsarc0f

One unofficial volume pending;
May 2010 - The Simpsons in the Classroom
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786444908/thesimpsonsarc0f

Lastly, one official book they either postponed or canceled;

???????? - The Simpsons: Homer for the Holidays
Presumably planned as another oversize comic reprint volume.

Naturally this list is biased to books in English; feel free to check
the booklist for foreign volumes!
http://www.snpp.com/guides/booklist.html

Bruce Gomes

Don Del Grande

Feb 20, 2010, 8:41:34 PM2/20/10
Bruce Gomes wrote:

>To put it mildly new books are frequently being released, particularly
>the comic reprints, but here's a book of note....

>Other new books pending;

>Apr 2010 - Simpsons Comics Get Some Fancy Book Learnin'
>(reprinting Simpson Comics 91/92/93/94/95)

Actually, they appear to be reprinting 62 (the Bible stories issue),
70 (the Greek legends/fables issue), 76 (the Shakespeare issue), and
126 (the Arabian Nights issue).

-- Don