batman smells?

1 view

Phil

Aug 26, 2001, 11:38:44 PM8/26/01
This may sound like a dumb question... but did the "Jingle bells, Batman
smells" song originate on the Simpsons, or did it exist before the show?
Much Thanks!
-Phil

The Rack

Aug 26, 2001, 11:51:00 PM8/26/01

"Phil" <philnophilspam...@netzero.netzero> wrote in message

> This may sound like a dumb question... but did the "Jingle bells, Batman
> smells" song originate on the Simpsons, or did it exist before the show?
> Much Thanks!

I'd heard it as a kid... in the 70's.

--
And now, back to the wall.
-The inflammable Chadderack

Look! Velveeta® sticks to the ceiling.
_____________________________
>>| So long, Snuhperman! |
| Your secret identity |
| is safe with me! |
------------------------------

Phil

Katijaikat

Aug 27, 2001, 1:14:42 AM8/27/01

It existed way before the show.

wavking

Aug 27, 2001, 6:47:24 AM8/27/01
70's here as well.

See also "Happy Birthday to you
you live in a zoo
you look like a monkey
and you smell like one too"

"The Rack" <chadd...@DELICIOUSSPAMearthlinkSONUTRITIOUS.net> wrote in
message news:Esji7.6385$434.7...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net...

The.Central.Scr...@invalid.pobox.com

Aug 27, 2001, 9:56:59 AM8/27/01
On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 03:51:50 GMT, Phil <philnophilspam...@netzero.netzero> wrote:
>This may sound like a dumb question... but did the "Jingle bells, Batman
>smells" song originate on the Simpsons, or did it exist before the show?

I first heard it 30 years ago.

Aaron Hirshberg

Aug 27, 2001, 10:32:45 AM8/27/01
katij...@aol.com (Katijaikat) wrote in message news:<20010827011442...@mb-mn.aol.com>...

You guys are hilarious. It existed in the 1950s! I was there! I remember!

Aaron Hirshberg

Internet King

Aug 27, 2001, 2:56:43 PM8/27/01

wavking wrote:

> 70's here as well.
>
> See also "Happy Birthday to you
> you live in a zoo
> you look like a monkey
> and you smell like one too"

Jesus Christ, Superstar, going down the street in a stolen car.
Cops coming fast, I don't care, I got bullet proof under wear.
When I die, bury me, plant my balls in a cherry tree.
When they're ripe, take a bite, don't blame me if you die that night.
Sincerely,
Little Girl

JJRMORROW

Aug 27, 2001, 4:30:31 PM8/27/01
>This may sound like a dumb question... but did the "Jingle bells, Batman
>>smells" song originate on the Simpsons, or did it exist before the show?

It existed even before Batman! Oh wait, no it didn't.

Katijaikat

Aug 28, 2001, 4:28:04 AM8/28/01

What's this last one supposed to be sung to the tune of?

The Rack

Aug 28, 2001, 8:10:38 AM8/28/01

"Katijaikat" <katij...@aol.com> wrote in message

If I were a betting man (like Internet King) I would say "Jesus Christ,
Superstar".

Aaron Hirshberg

Aug 28, 2001, 9:14:28 AM8/28/01
jjrm...@aol.com (JJRMORROW) wrote in message news:<20010827163031...@mb-mi.aol.com>...

> >This may sound like a dumb question... but did the "Jingle bells, Batman
> >>smells" song originate on the Simpsons, or did it exist before the show?
>
> It existed even before Batman! Oh wait, no it didn't.

LOLIIWAW! Laugh out loud if I wasn't at work!

Aaron Hirshberg

Internet King

Aug 28, 2001, 9:40:04 AM8/28/01

The Rack wrote:

> "Katijaikat" <katij...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > >Jesus Christ, Superstar, going down the street in a stolen car.
> > >Cops coming fast, I don't care, I got bullet proof under wear.
> > >When I die, bury me, plant my balls in a cherry tree.
> > >When they're ripe, take a bite, don't blame me if you die that night.
> > >Sincerely,
> > >Little Girl
> >
> > What's this last one supposed to be sung to the tune of?
>
> If I were a betting man (like Internet King) I would say "Jesus Christ,
> Superstar".

Now you're on the trolly.
Sincerely,
Little Girl

SPAMMO

Aug 28, 2001, 10:28:45 AM8/28/01
Late one night when the moon was green
around the corner came a terd machine
a shot was fired
a scream was heard
a man got hit with a flying terd.

in article 3B8A978F...@compuglobalhypermeganet.com, Internet King at

SPAMMO

Aug 28, 2001, 12:20:30 PM8/28/01
Homer: [standing on one foot and singing "The Alphabet Song"] W, X, Y, and
Z. Now I know my ABCs, won't you come and play
with me.
Eddie: Flawless.
Lou: We also would have accepted, "tell me what you think of me."
Eddie: Well, I guess your free to...
Barney: Give him the breathalyzer!
Homer: Huh?
[Eddie sticks it in Homer's mouth. It beeps]
Lou: You're under arrest!
Homer: D'oh!

in article B7B114CD.9C0A%abcdef...@qwuest.nettypoo, SPAMMO at

Katijaikat

Aug 28, 2001, 2:02:58 PM8/28/01

>> > What's this last one supposed to be sung to the tune of?
>>
>> If I were a betting man (like Internet King) I would say "Jesus Christ,
>> Superstar".
>
>Now you're on the trolly.
>Sincerely,
>Little Girl

Yeah, that's what I thought initially, but the phrasing isn't really ON the
beat and... ahhhh. I'll go add to my ball of string.

wavking

Aug 28, 2001, 7:45:43 PM8/28/01
IIHAIRDLOL

"Aaron Hirshberg" <ahirs...@dstina.com> wrote in message

I'm at home and I really did laugh out loud

Are these abbreviations getting annoying or what?

Michael Hartman

Aug 28, 2001, 8:11:09 PM8/28/01
On 28 Aug 2001 06:14:28 -0700, ahirs...@dstina.com (Aaron Hirshberg)
wrote:

I think I remember first hearing about it in nineteen dickety-two.