Upcoming Episodes plus STUFF for "Papa Don't Leech" (KABF09)

Don Del Grande

Apr 14, 2008, 12:13:43 AM4/14/08
4/20 - Love, Springfieldian Style (KABF05)
When Homer is stuck in a Tunnel of Love with Marge, he tells stories
of Bonnie and Clyde, "Shady and the Vamp", and Sid Vicious and Nancy
Spungen

4/27 - DOUBLE FEATURE
---------------------
7:30 - Husbands & Knives (JABF17)
Marge opens a successful chain of gyms for "regular women", but Homer
is afraid of losing her when he discovers that most married women who
become successful dump their husbands for "trophy husbands"; a new
comic book store opens across the street from the Android's Dungeon

8:00 - Apocalypse Cow (KABF10)
Bart and Lisa save a cow from a slaughterhouse and give it to a farm
girl, but her father sees it as a dowry for her marriage to Bart

5/4 - DOUBLE FEATURE
--------------------
7:30 - He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs (JABF20)
As a reward for saving Mr. Burns, Homer has dinner with Burns in
Chicago, and Homer loves Burns's jet so much that he tries to find a
way to get a job where he can fly in on regularly

8:00 - Any Given Sundance (KABF11)
"The Simpsons are going to..." Park City, Utah, as The Simpsons
Movie - that is, Lisa's documentary on the family she did for a school
project - is shown at the Sundance Film Festival

STUFF for "Papa Don't Leech" (KABF09)
-------------------------------------
Written by Reid Harrison
Directed by Chris Clements
Special Guest Voices: Beverly D'Angelo; The Dixie Chicks
Also Starring: Pamela Hayden, Tress MacNeille, Maggie Roswell,
Karl Wiedergott
Blackboard: none
Couch: everyone is painted onto the couch by a giant brush

REFERENCES
"Papa Don't Preach" (title)
8F19 (Lurleen Lumpkin)
Do-Si-Dos (Lisa sells Don't-Si-Don'ts)
"The Muppet Show" (Lurleen sings to Kermit; Miss Piggy appears)
"Hee Haw" (Marge calls Lurleen a "Hee Haw Ho")
"The People's Court" (mentioned in court)
Estee Lauder (Marge's body wash)
Harry Potter (Lisa is reading one of the books)
Pop-Tarts
Jiffy Pop popcorn
Popeye's Chicken
Poppycock
Rice Krispies ("Pop" was cut out of the box)

REFERENCES TO 8F19
Homer is dressed in his Colonel Homer outfit
Lurleen calls Homer "Colonel Homer"
Lurleen sings "Bunk With Me Tonight" to Kermit
Marge grinds her teeth

DYNs
...Lisa has merit badges in skepticism, apple polishing, and
vegetarianism?
...there's a new home next door to the Simpsons (the garage is on the
side of the house)?
...Maggie clapped when Lurleen and her father hugged?
...both the Harry Potter books and a series based on the Harry Potter
books exist in the Simpson universe?
...Homer's car now has a CD player?
...despite the fact that Comic Book Guy and Duffman have had their
names revealed, they appear on the list as Comic Book Guy and
Duffman?
...on the list of delinquent taxpayers: Mr. Burns, Comic Book Guy,
Duffman, Gil, Helen, John, Kelly, Lenny, Milhouse, and Mayor
Quimby?
...the Dixie Chicks weren't credited individually? (Occasionally,
this means one or more of their speaking roles was done by one of
the show's regulars)
(for the record: Natalie Maines is the guitarist, Emily Robinson
the banjo player, and Martie Maguire the violinist)

GOOFS / FREEZE FRAME / WHATNOT
In the last line of "America's Back", you can hear the violin playing
even though the violinist isn't playing it at the time.

Popeye doesn't actually appear on Popeye's chicken bags.

LYRICS
All songs, music and lyrics by Reid Harrison

Cryin' In My Cradle
-------------------
I was cryin' in my cradle
When my daddy hopped a train
He left a hole in my heart
And filled it up with pain
I know no amount of liquor
Will soothe my achin' ticker
'Cause the love for my deadbeat daddy
Is still pumpin' through my veins

Daddy's Back
------------
For thirty years, you made me cry
But now I see you ain't such a bad guy
I haven't felt this good since the Lord knows when
And I'm sure you got a million reasons
For being gone a hundred twenty seasons
My daddy's back and I'm feelin' like a daughter again
Yeah -
Daddy's back, and I'm feelin' like a daughter
[Bart] Daddy's back, and she's feelin' like she oughter
[Lurleen's father] Daddy's back, and he's drinkin' bottled water
[Lisa] Keep it down! I'm readin' Harry Potter
[Marge] My body wash is Estee Lauder
Daddy's back, and I'm feelin' like a daughter again
[Grampa] And here comes Grampa with an otter...

America's Back
--------------
We said some things that came out wrong
But now we've got a brand new song
'Cause free speech needs curtailin' now and then
We pledge allegiance to Fox News
Let's(?) take away our right to choose
America's back and we're feeling pariotter again
America's back and we're feeling pariotter
Freedom's a germ and we're glad that we caught her
Liberty has never looked hotter
We used to love "Welcome Back, Kotter"
America's back and we're feeling pariotter again

-- Don
S1.1 MAG+++ LIS++ BAR+ SKI+ MrsK+ MissH+ P&S# FLA- (heresy!)
f+++ n+++ Ilps(w) $+++ M46
Here's a surprise: there is only going to be one new "Family Guy"
episode aired in May

R Flowers

Apr 14, 2008, 12:39:14 AM4/14/08
"Don Del Grande" <del_gra...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> DYNs

> ...Homer's car now has a CD player?

Well, that was in his dream sequence, right? So, obviously, we can't count
that as "canon."

:)

-- R Flowers

Don Del Grande

Apr 14, 2008, 8:54:56 PM4/14/08
R Flowers wrote:

> Don Del Grande wrote:
>
>> DYNs
>> ...Homer's car now has a CD player?
>
>Well, that was in his dream sequence, right? So, obviously, we can't count
>that as "canon."

Well, sure, if you want to bring facts into it...

-- Don