Kamen Rider Stronger

Stuart Johnson

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99
Does Misaki Yuriko ever get to rescuse Jou Shigeru?

Jou Shigeru apparently went to the Kikaida school of fighting
terrorist orginizations. First he announces his presence, musically,
by whistling (actually that was stolen from Saburo aka Hakaida who
actually stole it from Bitter Orange Snail who did it first in an
earlier Kikaida episode) then like Ichiro (Kikaida-01) he introduces
himself everytime. In fact he uses the same words, only replacing
"Kikaidaa-01" with "Kamen Ridaa Stronga". And finally, as Strongaa he
defeats the monster with Denji Kick.

Shigeru apparently has an endless supply of shirts with a black "S" on
them. Of course if he followes the pattern set by previous Riders
he'll end up wearing military green and long hair. I almost didn't
recognise Hongo in V3, he went from dressing well and short hair
(Kamen Rider 1-13) to looking like a Vietnam vet. And Ichimonji was
almost as bad. Kazami on the other hand ends V3 doing his Saburo
impersonation, wearing leather. Why are the goodguys mimicing a
villian?

Tachibana Tobe appearance in Stronger was disappointing. He acted
like he knew Shigeru was a Kamen Rider--followed him and shouted his
name at Shigeru like he though it would mean something to him. I
couldn't see that it did. And the two haven't been together long
enought (so far, I'm up to 6th episode I think) for him to explain
that he knows the other Riders personally. Black Satan (sounds like
Satin but I read on the web its Satan) doesn't seem to recognise Tobe
either, Destron and Government of Darkness did. I'm not sure about
Amazon's enemies. Tobe is acting like Hanpei or that photographer from
01, in this series.

I can't take Kamen Rider Stronger seriously, though it's fun to watch.

Is that one-eyed guy (Mr Titan?) the over all leader of Black Satan or
just one of its higher ranking officers, like Dr G was for Destron?

Stuart Johnson
stuart@_SPAMBLOCK_inetnebr.com
Kikaida http://incolor.inetnebr.com/stuart/kikaida/
Tokusatsu Trading Post http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/25454

"Denji Endo"
(Electromagnetic End)
-- Kikaida

Arthur David

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99
In article <3832400...@news.inebraska.com>, stuart@_SPAMBLOCK_inetnebr.com
says...

>Does Misaki Yuriko ever get to rescuse Jou Shigeru?

Not that I know of. She always ends up getting rescued by him Jou Shigeru,
a.k.a. Stronger

>Tachibana Tobe appearance in Stronger was disappointing. He acted
>like he knew Shigeru was a Kamen Rider--followed him and shouted his
>name at Shigeru like he though it would mean something to him. I
>couldn't see that it did. And the two haven't been together long
>enought (so far, I'm up to 6th episode I think) for him to explain
>that he knows the other Riders personally. Black Satan (sounds like
>Satin but I read on the web its Satan) doesn't seem to recognise Tobe
>either, Destron and Government of Darkness did. I'm not sure about
>Amazon's enemies. Tobe is acting like Hanpei or that photographer from
>01, in this series.

Tobe (Oya-San as he is called) was much of a comic relief during the early eps.
of STRONGER, but he get closer to helping him out, especially at the end where
all the other Riders come in to help him defeat the Great Boss which ran all
the orgs from Shocker to Delzer.

If you think that's bad, try checking out Chiba Jirou's role of newpaper
reporter Shima Ippei in AKUMAIZER 3. For this role, it's rather cowardly
compared to his actions in KAMEN RIDER, KIKAIDER 01, and ROBOT DETECTIVE K.

>I can't take Kamen Rider Stronger seriously, though it's fun to watch.
>
>Is that one-eyed guy (Mr Titan?) the over all leader of Black Satan or
>just one of its higher ranking officers, like Dr G was for Destron?

Just one of the high ranking officers. As mentioned, the boss is referred to
as the Great Leader, which ran the previous orgs that the Riders have battled.

Arthur David (ada...@gte.net)

Stuart Johnson

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99
On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:55:46 GMT, ada...@gte.net (Arthur David) wrote:

>In article <3832400...@news.inebraska.com>, stuart@_SPAMBLOCK_inetnebr.com
>says...

>Tobe (Oya-San as he is called) was much of a comic relief during the early eps.
>of STRONGER, but he get closer to helping him out, especially at the end where
>all the other Riders come in to help him defeat the Great Boss which ran all
>the orgs from Shocker to Delzer.

Delzer?

>If you think that's bad, try checking out Chiba Jirou's role of newpaper
>reporter Shima Ippei in AKUMAIZER 3. For this role, it's rather cowardly
>compared to his actions in KAMEN RIDER, KIKAIDER 01, and ROBOT DETECTIVE K.

What were his roles in Kamen Rider and Kikaida-01?

>>Is that one-eyed guy (Mr Titan?) the over all leader of Black Satan or
>>just one of its higher ranking officers, like Dr G was for Destron?
>
>Just one of the high ranking officers. As mentioned, the boss is referred to
>as the Great Leader, which ran the previous orgs that the Riders have battled.

I thought he always got away and formed the next group. I was
disappointed by the ending of V3, but not surprised. Did the same
person do the voices? Shocker and Destron voices at least sounded the
same to me.

Stuart Johnson
stuart@_SPAMBLOCK_inetnebr.com
Kikaida http://incolor.inetnebr.com/stuart/kikaida/
Tokusatsu Trading Post http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/25454

"Kaiten Attaku"
(Spinning Attack)
-- Kikaida

ba...@planet.com

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99

> I thought he always got away and formed the next group. I was
> disappointed by the ending of V3, but not surprised. Did the same
> person do the voices? Shocker and Destron voices at least sounded the
> same to me.

Hi:

The voices behind many of head villians is usually done by the same voice actor. I
don't remember his name but is on the credit of many many tokusatsu shows etc. He
has this deep , traditional japanese voice etc.

I was also disappointed by the V3 ending , not able to catch the real guy behind the
voice . It is also so funny that it is a voice recorder in the skeleton.

regards

Stuart Johnson

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
Anybody know what Stronger says besides that he's Kamen Rider
Stronger, in that littler introductury speach (with echos) he gives
when meeting a new monster?

Also what does Tackle say about herself? I what Ningen means thanks to
Kikaida, but I don't know about the rest.

I wish Tachibana Tobe would just tell Stronger who he is instead of
assuming his name means something to him, because it clearly doesn't.
His response to him is "Tachibana Tobe?" in a tone that doesn't show
recognition at all.

Another Kikaida like move, Jou Shigeru, keeps riding of leaving Tobe
behind.