Doonesbury wimps out

l...@adan.kingston.net

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
This week's color Doonesbury comic talks about the bankruptcy
of the "J. Pretensions" catalogue company. I thought Garry
Trudeau would have used the real name. The Costanza wallet for him.

Haynes Lee

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99

homerr

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
J. Pretensions is funnier.. it is, after all, a cartoon. If you want
to read about the bankrupcy of the J. Peterman Co., go to the business
pages.. d'uh.

homerr

l...@adan.kingston.net wrote in message
<7b8tk2$ce9$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>This week's color Doonesbury comic talks about the bankruptcy
>of the "J. Pretensions" catalogue company. I thought Garry
>Trudeau would have used the real name. The Costanza wallet for him.

Raingluttn

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
Personally, I enjoyed the imaginativeness of the Peterman catalogue even before
Seinfeld came along.
And the SEinfeld parody only made me fonder of it.

Cynth

Niraj Agarwalla

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
homerr (jaz...@sprynet.com) wrote:

: J. Pretensions is funnier.. it is, after all, a cartoon. If you want

: to read about the bankrupcy of the J. Peterman Co., go to the business
: pages.. d'uh.

Agreed. I think the "J. Pretentsions" moniker is rather apt; after all,
J. Peterman did sell a lot of high-end crap only for the upscale market.

--
Niraj Agarwalla -- ni...@shore.net -- http://www.shore.net/~niraj

Trevor Smithson

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
I wouldn't call it wimping out. Trudeau is just making fun of
Peterman's overblown catalog and image, like Seinfeld did.