ATVRD Red Dwarf Dictionary

ChrisG

Jan 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/10/97

I have created a Red Dwarf Dictionary (hypertext version is at
http://www.barnsley.ac.uk/~silicon-heaven/dic.html).

If no-one has any objections I will post the txt version here for
comments/flames/additions/insults/bottles of expensive foreign beers.

--
* *
* http://www.barnsley.ac.uk/~Silicon-Heaven *
* *

Raz

Jan 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/12/97

[Re: <32D63A...@barnsley.ac.uk>]

IInnnn the bleeeeak mid-winnnterrr, ChrisG did post:

> If no-one has any objections I will post the txt version here for
> comments/flames/additions/insults/bottles of expensive foreign beers.

It's been three days without a peep, just post the damn thing already... ;)

Raz

Neil Kearns

Jan 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/12/97

The temperature dropped when <32D63A...@barnsley.ac.uk>, ChrisG
<c.ga...@barnsley.ac.uk> wrote

>I have created a Red Dwarf Dictionary (hypertext version is at
>http://www.barnsley.ac.uk/~silicon-heaven/dic.html).
>
>If no-one has any objections I will post the txt version here for
>comments/flames/additions/insults/bottles of expensive foreign beers.

go fer it!

ôżô

--
"It is better to have loved and lost, than to have listened to an album
by Olivia Newton John..." - Holly

-->ne...@kearns.demon.co.uk<--

ChrisG

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

Here, as promised, is the first draft of the Red Dwarf Dictionary.
Please post/mail ANY comments, additions. I WANT FEEDBACK ;O)

The Alt.TV.Red-Dwarf
Red Dwarf Dictionary of Terms
Version .05, 10 January 1997
Maintained by Chris Garrett

mailto: c.ga...@barnsley.ac.uk
http://www.barnsley.ac.uk/~Silicon-Heaven

The idea of this file is to create a cross-ref guide to the
Red Dwarf universe. The definitions are supposed to relate
to the Red Dwarf world, rather than the Real World.

** HELP GRATEFULLY RECEIVED!! **

If you have a definition not included, please mail me
with the word or phrase and a short definition.

14b

Technical tool used by Rimmer and Lister to clean soup
dispensers. (Drinking straw).

A-E
=====

Ace

Alternative reality version of RIMMER (what a guy!).
Also the nickname Rimmer chose for himself at school,
although no-one would call him it. No matter how many
times he let the others beat him up, they still preferred
instead to call him BONEHEAD.

Android sayings

Probably the best is "001100111011100011110011100111100" (Don't stand
around jabbering when you are in mortal danger),
also useful is "If you don't GOSUB a program loop,
you will never get a subroutine." (nothing ventured, nothing gained).

Appendix

Both Rimmer and Lister have both had their Appendix out, although Lister
had
already had it removed when Legion removed it, somehow.
In "Thanks for the memory", Rimmer was convinced the operation had been
performed twice after Lister 'donated' him one of his memories.

Better Than Life

An addictive Total Immersion video game. What you wish for you get. It
is only as
good (or as bad) as your imagination. Poor old Rimmer.

Black Card

If Rimmer says he is holding a Black Card it means he wishes to end the
conversation. It cannot start again until he holds up a White Card.

Black-Ribbed Knobbler

Lister once caught one of these while CONDOM FISHING.

Blu-Tack

Listers posters are stuck up with Blu-Tack. Even though he was dead, and
probably
didn't need it, Rimmer demanded his Blu-Tack back from Lister, when he
moved out
to be with his other self (in Me2).

Bonehead

Rimmers nickname at school, his other nickname was ACE, but everyone
refused
to call him it.

Camille

A pleasure GELF. Pleasure GELFs change appearance to suit the observers
desires.
To Kryten she appeared as a mechanoid (a 4000 series GTI with realistic
toes and
slide back sunroof head). Kryten got to practise his lie mode when he
and Camille
fell in love (or E5A908B7).

Cat

Character played by Danny John-Jules. The Cat is in fact a creature
evolved over
the millions of years from Listers pet Cat, Frankenstein, which was
safely locked
away when the crew was wiped-out.
The Cat is self-centred, vain and shallow, but has superior olfactory
ability and a
large collection of fine suits.

Cinzano Bianco

Lister was called this in the Aigburth Arms pub, because once he was on
the pool
table you couldn't get rid of him.

Condom Fishing

When Lister was younger his local canal contained no fish, so they had
to make do
with catching condoms. He is particularly proud of the two-pound
BLACK RIBBED KNOBBLER he once caught.

Confidence

One of Listers hallucinations. Died when he took off his helmet in space
while
attempting to show Lister he didn't need oxygen. See PARANOIA.

Deadies

Slang for a Hologram, Rimmer is a Deadie.

Esperanto

All the signs aboard Red Dwarf are in both English and Esperanto. Rimmer
has
tried to learn Esperanto over eight years, with mixed results.

F-J
====

Fiji

The location of Listers ultimate dream. He was going to settle down and
buy a farm
with KRISTINE KOCHANSKI, even though Fiji is under three feet of water,
that is
why the animals would have to be quite tall.

Fuchal

The Cat race name for Fiji (the Promised Land).
The Cats also celebrated a FUCHAL DAY.

Fuchal Day

A Cat festival where you eat hot dogs. If you didn't you were stoned
with
doughnuts. See FUCHAL and FIJI.

Geldof

The month of Geldof is mentioned in a news item. If anyone knows where
this
month fits into the calendar, please mail me!

Hammond Organ Music

Rimmers favourite music, especially Reggie Wilson. Some favourites are;
Funking up Wagner, Lift Music Classics, Pop Goes Delius and Sounds of
the
Supermarket.

Holly/Hilly

Red Dwarfs Computer. Although he/she is a "Tenth Generation AI
Holographic
Computer" with an IQ of 6000, he/she is suffering from Computer Senility
and has a
"blind spot" for sevens. Holly met Hilly in the alternative reality
using his Holly-
Hop drive, and subsequently had a head change in her honour, or
something like that
..

Hudzen 10

Krytens replacement when he discovers his expiry date is up in "The Last
Day".
Unfortunately Hudzen is not prepared to be unemployed.

Inflatable Ingrid

Rimmers plastic pal. Rimmer also has another "friend" called Rachel, who
is in
need of repair. Lister has been seeing Ingrid behind Rimmers back.

Jozxyqk

According to Cat when playing Scrabble, jozxyqk is what you shout when
you get
your sexual organs trapped.

Jazz FM

When Kryten was made human (in DNA) he complained that he could no
longer
tune his left nipple to radio Jazz FM. He also lost his ZOOM FUNCTION.

Judas

Rimmers middle name (which he has denied). See RIMMER.

K-O
====

Kristine Kochanski

The object of Listers desire. Navigation Officer Kochanski was killed
along with
the rest of the crew, but Lister will not let a little thing like that
stand in the way of
true love.

Kryten

Kryten 2X4B 523P was a Service Mechanoid on the Nova 5, but was rescued
by
the boys, and was subsequently taught to lie and rebel by Lister. Now
Kryten has Lie
Mode he can do useful things like call a Banana a "small off-duty
Czechoslovakian
traffic-warden". See Spare Heads.

Lennon

One of Listers Robot Fish. See MCCARTNEY.

David Lister

The last human alive. Loves Rastabilly Skank music, Vindaloo Curry,
Shami
Kabab and Zero G football. His hero is Jim Bexley Speed. Has poor
personal
hygiene, and bites his toenails.
Alternative Listers include the Female Lister, Deb, from the alternative
Red Dwarf,
who got Dave pregnant, and Dave Lister, who would have been Dave Lister
if his
sperm had fertalised the egg. There is also SPANNERS from ACE Rimmers
alternative universe.

Love

E5A908B7 or Advanced Mutual Compatibility on the Basis of Primary
Initial
Ident' to Kryten. Love as a concept was abandoned in the 25th Century.
Rimmer says
Love is ".. a sickness that holds back your career and makes you spend
all your
money".

McCartney

The other Robot Fish belonging to Lister. See LENNON.

Nodnol

Backwards Earth London. See Yadretsey.

Norweb

As part of Holly's jape of the century, Lister was led to believe he
owed the
Norweb Federation a ludicrous amount of money for leaving the light on
in his
bathroom, and that they had been tracking him for three million years.

Om

A song by Smeg and the Heads (Listers band when he was younger).

P-T
====

Paranoia

One of Listers hallucinations, later killed by CONFIDENCE.

Quagaars

Rimmers imaginary aliens. He hopes one day the Quagaars will give him a
body.

Queeg 500

Queeg 500 is an alter-ego of Holly. Holly convinced the crew that the
ultra-strict
Queeg had taken over after they lost faith in him. Jape of the century!

Rasta-Billy-Skank

Listers favourite music, even though it is issued with a Government
Health
Warning.

Rimmer

Second Technician Arnold Judas Rimmer. Deceased, now a Hologram. Also
called
BONEHEAD. Loves Hammond Organ music, particularly Reggie Wilson. Other
interests include 20th Century Telegraph poles and the boardgame Risk.
When he
was alive he was responsible for Lister and Z Shift. Believes he was
Alexander the
Greats chief eunuch in a previous life.

Scrumping

When Lister was younger, as well as condom fishing, he also enjoyed
scrumping,
for cars.

Sex

In life, Rimmer only had sex once, with Yvonne McGruder (Red Dwarfs
female
boxing champion). Lister has had sex once in the last three million
years, getting
himself pregnant in the process.

Skutters

Robot service droids. Fans and fan club members of John Wayne. Also play
the
Hammond Organ.

Spanners

Flight engineer Dave Lister in the parrallel universe ACE came from.
There he is
married to KRISTINE KOCHANSKI, and has twin boys Jim and Bexley.

Spare Heads

Kryten has three spare heads. One has got droid-rot and silicon rickets,
so
unfortunately is not much use, he talks in a northern accent and is
crude and abusive.
Sounds like someone I know .

Jim Bexley Speed

Roof Attack for London Jets Zero G Football team, also the hero of one
David
Lister. Lister named his sons Jim and Bexley after Jim Bexley Speed.

Talkie Toaster

The jolly Crapola inc Artificially Intelligent toaster, or, if you
prefer, total
smegging pain in the arse. Quote: "I toast, therefore, I am.". Fond of
saying "Howdy
doodly doo". $ś19.99 plus tax.

U-Z
====

Underpants

Lister helps with the laundry by wearing his inside-out to double their
wearable
time. Rimmer keeps his on coat hangers.

Vindaloo

A kind of curry, curry being Listers favourite food. Lister was once
even attacked
by a Vindaloo (in DNA), but managed to kill it with a can of lager.

John Wayne

The SCUTTERS all time favourite film star and idol.

White Card

After a Black Card has been issued, a White Card is the only way to
resume a
conversation. See Black Card.

Reggie Wilson

One of Rimmers HAMMOND ORGAN heroes.

Xanadu

Lister called his mansion this in the alternative past.

Yankee Doodle Dandy

Lister can belch the whole of Yankee Doodle Dandy as a party piece. Pure
class.

Yadretsey

A newspaper on Backwards Earth. See NODNOL.

Z-Shift

Rimmer was in charge of Lister as Z-Shift. Z-Shifts role was to clean
chicken soup
dispensers and make sure the Vending Machines were stocked with Fun Size
Crunchie bars at all times.

Zero G football

A sport that Lister loved, played in Zero Gravity. Listers favourite
team was the
London Jets, his favourite player being Jim Bexley Speed.

Zoom Function

A function that Kryten missed when turned into a human, although
Listerhelped
him with a substitute (move your head closer to the object). See JAZZ
FM.

ChrisG

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

Raz wrote:

> [Re: <32D63A...@barnsley.ac.uk>]
>
> IInnnn the bleeeeak mid-winnnterrr, ChrisG did post:
>
> > If no-one has any objections I will post the txt version here for
> > comments/flames/additions/insults/bottles of expensive foreign beers.
>
> It's been three days without a peep, just post the damn thing already... ;)

OK ... I notice the distinct lack of beer, tho ;O)

Sam Deth

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

ChrisG wrote:

> 14b
>
> Technical tool used by Rimmer and Lister to clean soup
> dispensers. (Drinking straw).

I told ya so Gail, the 14b is a drinking straw, and finally someone
has backed me up...it may be Chris, but it's still somebody ;)
For those who don't remember or know Gail and I got into a littl
argument about what tools Rimmer was using on the chicken soup
dispenser. I said they looked like straws and if I remember correctly
Gail said they looked like screwdrivers. We finally both dropped it when
someone else came and instsited they were pipecleaners (which to me a
little bendable fuzzy things used to clean out ppl's pipes, and not
clear plastic tubes which are what Rimmer is holding) because I think we
were just tired of being on topic.
Finally, I get to be right for once....
Sam Deth, Waiting for someone to come rain on his parade
--
Jesse: Kinda lippy for a tempest-toss'd wretched refuse of a foreign
shore, ain't you?

Nirvanah

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

Sam Deth wrote:

> ChrisG wrote:
> > 14b
> > Technical tool used by Rimmer and Lister to clean soup
> > dispensers. (Drinking straw).
> I told ya so Gail, the 14b is a drinking straw, and finally someone
> has backed me up...it may be Chris, but it's still somebody ;)
> For those who don't remember or know Gail and I got into a littl
> argument about what tools Rimmer was using on the chicken soup
> dispenser. I said they looked like straws and if I remember correctly
> Gail said they looked like screwdrivers. We finally both dropped it when
> someone else came and instsited they were pipecleaners (which to me a
> little bendable fuzzy things used to clean out ppl's pipes, and not
> clear plastic tubes which are what Rimmer is holding)

Hehe...That was me.
I don't remember them looking like clear plastic tubes,
I remember them looking like white fuzzy things...
One of us must be wrong... ;-)
I'll have to check it out, as soon as I get my series 1
tapes back...

> Finally, I get to be right for once....

Not so fast... ;-)
I'm not the only one who thinks it looks like a pipecleaner...
If you have a look at the scripts in Queeg's archives
it says there that when Rimmer asks for a 14b Lister
hands him a small white pipecleaner.
;-D
However I'm not gonna take Queeg's word for it, I'll
try to check it out for myself.
If I remember.
I have the memory of one of those yellowish wossnames
;-)

-- Nirv "always on top of wossname"

Gail Miller

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:
> ChrisG wrote:
> > 14b
> > Technical tool used by Rimmer and Lister to clean soup
> > dispensers. (Drinking straw).
> I told ya so Gail, the 14b is a drinking straw, and finally someone
> has backed me up...it may be Chris, but it's still somebody ;)

aaaawwwww... i recently watched that episode ( i digged ion the scarey
depths of my brothers room and found it especially) but my drugged haze at
the moment is not letting me remember.

> someone else came and instsited they were pipecleaners (which to me a
> little bendable fuzzy things used to clean out ppl's pipes, and not

> clear plastic tubes which are what Rimmer is holding) because I think we
> were just tired of being on topic.

pipe cleaners are fuzzy things over here inozland too!

> Finally, I get to be right for once....

doh... ill get you yet, my pretty *in a witchy voice*

> Sam Deth, Waiting for someone to come rain on his parade

Me too! please... someone.. i cant get to my tv atm!

--
E-mail me! gjm...@ecr.mu.oz.au | "No Boom today...Boom tomorrow -
I am proud to say I have NO HOMEPAGE!!! | there's always a Boom tomorrow.
| ...Boom...BOOM!..."
| -- Lt. Cmdr Susan Ivanova - B5

Jon Poole

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

>ChrisG wrote:
>>
>> 14b
>>
>> Technical tool used by Rimmer and Lister to clean soup
>> dispensers. (Drinking straw).
>>

> We finally both dropped it when

>someone else came and instsited they were pipecleaners (which to me a
>little bendable fuzzy things used to clean out ppl's pipes, and not
>clear plastic tubes which are what Rimmer is holding) because I think we
>were just tired of being on topic.

> Finally, I get to be right for once....

They bloody are pipe-cleaners.

look at them closely, go on, no it doesn't matter who sees you, they
probably think you're mad anyway, see, it's a pipecleaner.

Jon

--
Pipes: Cleaning of.

Sam Deth

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

Jon Poole wrote:

> They bloody are pipe-cleaners.

They bloody aren't

> look at them closely, go on, no it doesn't matter who sees you, they
> probably think you're mad anyway, see, it's a pipecleaner.

I looked closely the first time I got involved w/ this, they are quite
clearly smooth plastic, and pipecleaners bend at the slightest
pressure, were it a pipecleaner Rimmer was using it would have bent,
but it didn't so it wasn't a pipecleaner.
Sam Deth
--
Si: I saw this motherf*cker get shot in the face by this giant Hell's
Angel.

Paul Freeman

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997 09:37:38 -0800, Nirvanah <qbc...@ebc.ericsson.se>
wrote:

>Hehe...That was me.
>I don't remember them looking like clear plastic tubes,
>I remember them looking like white fuzzy things...
>One of us must be wrong... ;-)
>I'll have to check it out, as soon as I get my series 1
>tapes back...

Right, I just checked the tape for you and to me 14b looks like a
white plastic spatula like you use to stip coffee only without the
bulbus end it. okay okaay now 14f on the other hand ......

>> Finally, I get to be right for once....
>

>Not so fast... ;-)
>I'm not the only one who thinks it looks like a pipecleaner...
>If you have a look at the scripts in Queeg's archives
>it says there that when Rimmer asks for a 14b Lister
>hands him a small white pipecleaner.

well its for cleaning pipes

Paul

--
who just went to watch one episode and ended up watching 4

Aaron Boyden

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:

> For those who don't remember or know Gail and I got into a littl
> argument about what tools Rimmer was using on the chicken soup
> dispenser. I said they looked like straws and if I remember correctly

> Gail said they looked like screwdrivers. We finally both dropped it when

> someone else came and instsited they were pipecleaners (which to me a
> little bendable fuzzy things used to clean out ppl's pipes, and not
> clear plastic tubes which are what Rimmer is holding) because I think we
> were just tired of being on topic.

But they're not tubes. They're more like flat sticks of some kind. I
agree that traditional pipecleaners are fuzzy, so they can't be
pipecleaners, but straws are hollow and round, which a 14b isn't either.

---
Aaron Boyden

"Any competent philosopher who does not understand something will take care
not to understand anything else whereby it might be explained." -David Lewis

Sam Deth

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

Gail Miller wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:

> > I told ya so Gail, the 14b is a drinking straw, and finally someone
> > has backed me up...it may be Chris, but it's still somebody ;)
>
> aaaawwwww... i recently watched that episode ( i digged ion the scarey
> depths of my brothers room and found it especially) but my drugged haze at
> the moment is not letting me remember.

Well then watch it again you silly woman, preferably while not on any
mind altering drugs, they are quite clearly semi-see through plastic
tubes, not pipe cleaners or screwdrivers :)

> pipe cleaners are fuzzy things over here inozland too!

Cool, I asked that the first time round, but no one answered.

> > Finally, I get to be right for once....
>

> doh... ill get you yet, my pretty *in a witchy voice*

*in surfer voice (surfonics)* I"m like so totally totally scared, ya
know?

> > Sam Deth, Waiting for someone to come rain on his parade
>
> Me too! please... someone.. i cant get to my tv atm!

You tv has an automated teller machine???

Sam Deth

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

Nirvanah wrote:

> Sam Deth wrote:
> > I said they looked like straws and if I remember correctly
> > Gail said they looked like screwdrivers. We finally both dropped it when
> > someone else came and instsited they were pipecleaners
>
> Hehe...That was me.

Was you was it? Well... I can't savagely attack you or your
follower(s?) will attack me hehehehe.

> I don't remember them looking like clear plastic tubes,

I do remember them looking like clear plastic tubes and have thought
that since the first time I saw the ep.

> I remember them looking like white fuzzy things...

I don't...white things are brighter.

> One of us must be wrong... ;-)

That would be you ;)

> I'll have to check it out, as soon as I get my series 1
> tapes back...

Geez, you loaned yours out too? You and Gail both need to learn better
than that.

> > Finally, I get to be right for once....
>

> Not so fast... ;-)
> I'm not the only one who thinks it looks like a pipecleaner...
> If you have a look at the scripts in Queeg's archives
> it says there that when Rimmer asks for a 14b Lister
> hands him a small white pipecleaner.

> ;-D

But I've read through those scripts and they all have errors in them,
that is merely one of them ;)

> However I'm not gonna take Queeg's word for it, I'll
> try to check it out for myself.

Good for you :)

> If I remember.

bad memories suck, don't they?

> I have the memory of one of those yellowish wossnames
> ;-)

Now you've totally lost me...I feel like Nick ;)

> -- Nirv "always on top of wossname"

Sounds like wossname is a lucky guy ;)

Sam Deth , IED

ChrisG

Jan 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/15/97

> On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:
> > I told ya so Gail, the 14b is a drinking straw, and finally someone
> > has backed me up...it may be Chris, but it's still somebody ;)

Heeeeyy ...

ChrisG

Jan 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/15/97

Sam Deth wrote:

> Jon Poole wrote:
> >
> > They bloody are pipe-cleaners.
>
> They bloody aren't

I am certain they are drinking straws, but I will happily change the
Dictionary if the concensus is they are something different - after all,
that is one of the reasons I posted it here (feedback).

What does everyone else think? Straw/pipecleaner/straw/pipecleaner?

Lee

Jan 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/15/97

I span my nipple nuts and was boxed off to Alaska when ChrisG
<c.ga...@barnsley.ac.uk> said:

>What does everyone else think? Straw/pipecleaner/straw/pipecleaner?

Definately NOT a straw, I like the pipe cleaner idea, it does look
vaguely like one.

--
Probably neither.

Raz

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

Whilst being workshy, I noticed Friday write:

> > It's been three days without a peep, just post the damn thing already... ;)
>

> Post what? This is the first post I've seen on the subject.

Not surprising; I've only just received your post from the 13th...

Post in question is Chris's Red Dwarf dictionary. It should be rolling
into your newsbase any moment now.

Raz

Luke Tucker

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

> Sam Deth wrote:
> > ChrisG wrote:
> > > 14b
> > > Technical tool used by Rimmer and Lister to clean soup
> > > dispensers. (Drinking straw).

He doesn't actually _use_ the 14b, he puts it back in the tray and uses
the 14f.

Luke T

ChrisG

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

Looks like there is some lag going on ..... that makes a change (not).

I seem to get all the posts from demon all at once, but from everywhere
else it seems fine .... go figure. I blame JANET.

Gail Miller

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:
> Jon Poole wrote:
> > They bloody are pipe-cleaners.
> They bloody aren't

yeah, they're screwdrivers!

> > look at them closely, go on, no it doesn't matter who sees you, they
> > probably think you're mad anyway, see, it's a pipecleaner.
> I looked closely the first time I got involved w/ this, they are quite
> clearly smooth plastic, and pipecleaners bend at the slightest
> pressure, were it a pipecleaner Rimmer was using it would have bent,
> but it didn't so it wasn't a pipecleaner.

i must again dig out the first episodes and have another look!

ah well, at least it is something i _can_ do at the moment

Gail feeling very sorry for herself.

Sam Deth

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

Nirvanah wrote:
> swear

You shouldn't swear, it's not ladylike ;)

> it swayed!
> I don't think it was rapid enough to make a straw sway like that,
> but definitely a pipecleaner.

But pipecleaners generally do not return to their original shape after
being even slightly bent...ever. You ever try to re-straighten a
pipecleaner? Damn near impossible, and certainly not something the
pipecleaner would do on its own...I suspect what you saw was like when
you hold apencil in front of your eye, and move it up and down... it
appears to bend even though it isn't.

> All this to say that I still think it's a pipe cleaner.

And I still think you're wrong ;)

Sam Deth

Sam Deth

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

Gail Miller wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:
> > Jon Poole wrote:
> > > They bloody are pipe-cleaners.
> > They bloody aren't
>
> yeah, they're screwdrivers!

Now don't be starting that again!

> > I looked closely the first time I got involved w/ this, they are quite
> > clearly smooth plastic, and pipecleaners bend at the slightest
> > pressure, were it a pipecleaner Rimmer was using it would have bent,
> > but it didn't so it wasn't a pipecleaner.
>
> i must again dig out the first episodes and have another look!

While sober

> ah well, at least it is something i _can_ do at the moment

You don't sound exactly ecstatic about it.

> Gail feeling very sorry for herself.

Why? I feel sorry for myself all the time, but I'm sure you can guess
why. Why you feelin sorry?
Sam Deth One sorry IED

Nick Honeywell

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

In article <32DBE6...@neworld.net>, Sam Deth <sam...@neworld.net>
writes

> Now you've totally lost me...I feel like Nick ;)

No thanks, I'm not that sort of boy. =)

--
I'm free!

Sam Deth

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

Aaron Boyden wrote:

> But they're not tubes.

Yes they are

> They're more like flat sticks of some kind.

So what use would they have? They're bound to be some common thing
that they commonly had around the studio, because I can't see them
making the items for such a small joke. I think they took coffee stirrer
straws from the lunchroom, and used those.

> agree that traditional pipecleaners are fuzzy, so they can't be
> pipecleaners,

Well, we've sorted that much out at least :)

>but straws are hollow and round, which a 14b isn't either.

looks round and hollow to me... like the kind you get to stir your
coffee w/, not a drinking straw, but a coffee stirrer straw

Sam Deth, waiting for drift to start

Sam Deth

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

Why whatever do you mean? I'm far too young to know what you're
talking about.
*innocent look* o;)

> I'm free!

'Cause no one'll pay for you ;)

Sam Deth
--
"He falls on his *ss. Then gets up, minus his handsome features, and
busts the pr*ck's shotgun over his head. Then he bites the guy's throat

Nirvanah

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

Lee wrote:
> Definately NOT a straw, I like the pipe cleaner idea, it does look
> vaguely like one.

I watched it again last night, and realised that the picture
quality (yes, I bought the BBC tape) is so terrible it's
hard to tell whether the thing *is* fuzzy or it just looks
like it.
However, when Rimmer takes it and says "Does this look even
remotely like a 14B?" (not an exact quote, I know) He moves his
hand holding the thingy rapidly almost out of picture, and I
swear it swayed!

I don't think it was rapid enough to make a straw sway like that,
but definitely a pipecleaner.

All this to say that I still think it's a pipe cleaner.
Is there a copy with decent picture quality out there?
If anybody's got it, could you please have a look?

-- Nirv "Navigation Officer 2nd class"

Nirvanah's Red Dwarf Corner:
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/3292/

ChrisG

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

Lee wrote:

> I span my nipple nuts and was boxed off to Alaska when ChrisG
> <c.ga...@barnsley.ac.uk> said:
>
> >What does everyone else think? Straw/pipecleaner/straw/pipecleaner?
>
> Definately NOT a straw, I like the pipe cleaner idea, it does look
> vaguely like one.

Vaguely, yes. Don't you think it is a little smooth (not fluffy)?

ChrisG

Jan 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/17/97

Friday wrote:

> In article <32DC1A...@neworld.net> sam...@neworld.net "Sam Deth" writes:
> > Jon Poole wrote:
> > >
> > > They bloody are pipe-cleaners.
> >
> > They bloody aren't
> Chicken soup machine nozzles are
> pipes, y'see. So, to clean them, you use pipe cleaners.

Maybe they are the correct tool for the job - but that is not what they
used on the show.

Nirvanah

Jan 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/17/97

Sam Deth wrote:
> Friday wrote:
> > Bloody are.
> Bloody aren't

Now this is the kind of discussion that could go on forever...
;-)
Isn't there anybody out there who actually knows or knows
someone who knows if they used a straw, a pipe cleaner or
a screwdriver when they recorded it in the first place?

> So you're actually Rimmer? That does explain alot.

I recent that!
;-)

> But the visual evidence says otherwise, I'm not the only one who has
> noticed a distinct lack of fuzz on the tools, and a pipecleaner would
> have bent as soon as Rimmer started to use it

You obviously haven't seen my copy... <grin>

I still think it looked fuzzy, and it moved like a pipecleaner
too! ;-p
Why should a pipecleaner bend when used in a pipe of the
right size?
More importantly, where would it bend?
Unless the pipe inside the nozzle is bent...

I think I'll just sit down and shut up now.

-- Nirvanah "rabid defender of the H'd one"

Sam Deth

Jan 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/17/97

The Cat wrote:

> In article <32DC1A...@neworld.net> sam...@neworld.net "Sam Deth" writes:
>
> > > They bloody are pipe-cleaners.
> >
> > They bloody aren't
>
> Why would you clean a chicken soup machine with a drinking straw?

No, I'd use something strong enough to not bed double at the slightest
pressure, yet flexible enough to bend if I needed it to... like a coffee
stirrer straw, a drinking straw would be far too large (I should have
made this clarification way back at the beginning)

> You wouldn't, would you. They are pipe-cleaners, end of argument.

They're not pipe cleaners, and logic like does not apply in a case
like this. It's a case of examining the visual evidence, and the visual
evidence cleary (this depends on how good a copy of the ep you have)
shows the tool Rimmer uses to not be pipecleaner .
End of argument :ş

Sam Deth
--
Jesse: I'm consumed by inner turmoil.
Cassidy: <burping loudly> Urrrrrrpp

The Cat

Jan 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/17/97

In article <32DC1A...@neworld.net> sam...@neworld.net "Sam Deth" writes:

> > They bloody are pipe-cleaners.
>
> They bloody aren't

Why would you clean a chicken soup machine with a drinking straw?

You wouldn't, would you. They are pipe-cleaners, end of argument.

--
Are you going to pay?

Adam Williamson

Jan 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/18/97

In article <32DE5D...@ebc.ericsson.se>, Nirvanah
<qbc...@ebc.ericsson.se> writes

>Lee wrote:
>> Definately NOT a straw, I like the pipe cleaner idea, it does look
>> vaguely like one.
>
>However, when Rimmer takes it and says "Does this look even
>remotely like a 14B?" (not an exact quote, I know) He moves his
>hand holding the thingy rapidly almost out of picture, and I
>swear it swayed!

Just watched it again, on our "copied taped off the TV" tape, and
although you can't really _see_ whether it's either it definitely
wibbles and wobbles like a straw. It does sway around, but if a pipe-
cleaner is bent (or swayed) out of shape it stays in the new shape - the
"14B" didn't, it vibrated back to the original position. So I say
"straw".
--
Adam Williamson

Sam Deth

Jan 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/18/97

Gail Miller wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:
> > > yeah, they're screwdrivers!
> > Now don't be starting that again!
>
> *innocent look*
> me? starting something? never *awoooga awoooga*

*totally serious look*

> > > i must again dig out the first episodes and have another look!
> > While sober
>

> was sober... but last time i watched it, i was atill kinda wierd from the
> anaesthetic...

Why were you under anaesthetic?

> > > ah well, at least it is something i _can_ do at the moment
> > You don't sound exactly ecstatic about it.
>

> im not.
> 8^(

Why not?

> > > Gail feeling very sorry for herself.
> > Why? I feel sorry for myself all the time, but I'm sure you can guess
> > why. Why you feelin sorry?
>

> cant walk... hurt... put big metal thingy in my knee to stop it hurting...
> *sniff*

What did you do to your knee?

> > Sam Deth One sorry IED
>

> wanna hug? i can do that ...

Sure :).

Sam Deth, thinking They are responsible for your hurting.
--
"You're looking for God--I mean literally, not some soul-searchin'
bullsh*t--where the hell're you supposed to start? Jerusalem? Rome? Top

Gail Miller

Jan 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/19/97

> > > They bloody aren't
> > yeah, they're screwdrivers!
> Now don't be starting that again!

*innocent look*
me? starting something? never *awoooga awoooga*

> > > I looked closely the first time I got involved w/ this, they are quite

> > > clearly smooth plastic, and pipecleaners bend at the slightest
> > > pressure, were it a pipecleaner Rimmer was using it would have bent,
> > > but it didn't so it wasn't a pipecleaner.

> > i must again dig out the first episodes and have another look!
> While sober

was sober... but last time i watched it, i was atill kinda wierd from the
anaesthetic...

> > ah well, at least it is something i _can_ do at the moment

> You don't sound exactly ecstatic about it.

im not.
8^(

> > Gail feeling very sorry for herself.

> Why? I feel sorry for myself all the time, but I'm sure you can guess
> why. Why you feelin sorry?

cant walk... hurt... put big metal thingy in my knee to stop it hurting...
*sniff*

> Sam Deth One sorry IED

wanna hug? i can do that ...

Richard S Thomas

Jan 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/19/97

My vote goes for pipe-cleaners. I thought it the first time I saw
them and I still do.

Rich

Gail Miller

Jan 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/19/97

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, Lee wrote:
> <c.ga...@barnsley.ac.uk> said:
> >What does everyone else think? Straw/pipecleaner/straw/pipecleaner?
> Definately NOT a straw, I like the pipe cleaner idea, it does look
> vaguely like one.

SCREWDRIVER!!!!!!!

Jon Poole

Jan 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/19/97

Adam Williamson <Ad...@scss.demon.co.uk> giggled, stared manicly and
burbled:

:Just watched it again, on our "copied taped off the TV" tape, and

:although you can't really _see_ whether it's either it definitely
:wibbles and wobbles like a straw. It does sway around, but if a pipe-
:cleaner is bent (or swayed) out of shape it stays in the new shape - the
:"14B" didn't, it vibrated back to the original position. So I say
:"straw".

No it doesn't, when it wobbles around Rimmer has to straighten it.

Jon

--
Credibility Problems

Brian McKeand

Jan 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/19/97

Sam Deth <sam...@neworld.net> wrote :

>Jon Poole wrote:
>>
>> They bloody are pipe-cleaners.
>
> They bloody aren't
>
>> look at them closely, go on, no it doesn't matter who sees you, they
>> probably think you're mad anyway, see, it's a pipecleaner.
>
> I looked closely the first time I got involved w/ this, they are quite
>clearly smooth plastic, and pipecleaners bend at the slightest
>pressure, were it a pipecleaner Rimmer was using it would have bent,
>but it didn't so it wasn't a pipecleaner.
> Sam Deth

well, the 14b (and 14f) were probably futuristic pipe cleaners designed
specifically for vending machines. the 14b for chicken soup and the 14f
for vegtable soup. a,c,d and e are probably for oxtail, tomato, etc..

oh yeah, and i'm Brian, newbie to the newsgroup : )

--
Brian McKeand <br...@mckeand.demon.co.uk>

Daniel White

Jan 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/19/97

In article <32DDE8...@neworld.net>, Sam Deth <sam...@neworld.net>
writes

>Aaron Boyden wrote:
>>

>> But they're not tubes.
>
> Yes they are
>
>> They're more like flat sticks of some kind.
>
> So what use would they have? They're bound to be some common thing
>that they commonly had around the studio, because I can't see them
>making the items for such a small joke. I think they took coffee stirrer
>straws from the lunchroom, and used those.

>> agree that traditional pipecleaners are fuzzy, so they can't be
>> pipecleaners,
>
> Well, we've sorted that much out at least :)
>
>>but straws are hollow and round, which a 14b isn't either.
>
> looks round and hollow to me... like the kind you get to stir your
>coffee w/, not a drinking straw, but a coffee stirrer straw
>
> Sam Deth, waiting for drift to start

Im telling you its a pipecleaner a pipecleaner it is honest
--
Daniel White

Turnpike evaluation. For Turnpike information, mailto:in...@turnpike.com

Gail Miller

Jan 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/20/97

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:
> Gail Miller wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:
> > aaaawwwww... i recently watched that episode ( i digged ion the scarey
> > depths of my brothers room and found it especially) but my drugged haze at
> > the moment is not letting me remember.
> Well then watch it again you silly woman, preferably while not on any
> mind altering drugs, they are quite clearly semi-see through plastic
> tubes, not pipe cleaners or screwdrivers :)

i had just got out of hospital, you twit! i dont do that stuff (ick hate
the idea of losing control of myself like that... but morphine is fun!)

> > doh... ill get you yet, my pretty *in a witchy voice*
> *in surfer voice (surfonics)* I"m like so totally totally scared, ya
> know?

you should be
*high piercing shreik*
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!

> > > Sam Deth, Waiting for someone to come rain on his parade
> > Me too! please... someone.. i cant get to my tv atm!
> You tv has an automated teller machine???

you know exactly what i mean young man, and dont try to tell me otherwise!

ChrisG

Jan 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/20/97

The Cat wrote:
> end of argument.

OOoops!!! SORRY CAT!!

That ends that thread then ... if Cat says end of argument, then I guess
it's end of argument. I'm glad we got that sorted.

So I put in the RDDictionary: 14b, pipe cleaner, coz cat sez.

NOT!

ChrisG

Jan 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/20/97

Lee wrote:
> >Vaguely, yes. Don't you think it is a little smooth (not fluffy)?
>
> If you look VERY closely it does look slightly fluffy. It also seems
> to bend a bit in the way a pipecleaner would.

I have a little problem in that my video is a bag of sh* ... EVERYTHING
looks a BIT fluffy ...

The Cat

Jan 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/20/97

In article <32DFF6...@neworld.net> sam...@neworld.net "Sam Deth" writes:

> > You wouldn't, would you. They are pipe-cleaners, end of argument.
>

> They're not pipe cleaners
> [snip]

I said end of argument. Meaning the end of the argument incase
you didn't know. I know full well what they are, as does most
others in this thread. If you wish to believe that they are
coffee stirers, then so be it. However, I know better.

--
There are very few listeners in the world. Mearly talkers waiting
for a gap...

Sam Deth

Jan 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/20/97

Gail Miller wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:
> > Well then watch it again you silly woman, preferably while not on any
> > mind altering drugs, they are quite clearly semi-see through plastic
> > tubes, not pipe cleaners or screwdrivers :)
>
> i had just got out of hospital, you twit! i dont do that stuff (ick hate
> the idea of losing control of myself like that... but morphine is fun!)

I meant the morphine, ya goof! I wasn't implying you doing illegal
drugs...though some of them are fun too.

> > > doh... ill get you yet, my pretty *in a witchy voice*
> > *in surfer voice (surfonics)* I"m like so totally totally scared, ya
> > know?
>
> you should be
> *high piercing shreik*

*surfonics*
Like ow dudette, that's like a totally bummer noise, you like
shouldn't do that to ppl cause it's like not nice or something.

> ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!

So you like think thsat's funny or something? You like, like causing
pain? That's like totally bad for your karma or something.

> > You tv has an automated teller machine???
>
> you know exactly what i mean young man, and dont try to tell me otherwise!

Actually...at the time... no I didn't. It was only later that I
realized what that meant. I kinda liked the image of a tv w/ a built in
ATM...be good for ordering pizza and stuff

Sam Deth, "They" made me do it
--
Si:(referring to Jesse and Tulip) I like those two a lot. I mean, I know
there 's a whole lot you're not telling me about them--

Sam Deth

Jan 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/21/97

The Cat wrote:

> In article <32DFF6...@neworld.net> sam...@neworld.net "Sam Deth" writes:
>
> > > You wouldn't, would you. They are pipe-cleaners, end of argument.
> >
> > They're not pipe cleaners
> > [snip]
>
> I said end of argument.

But I started it, so you don't get to end it :ţ

> Meaning the end of the argument incase
> you didn't know.

But you're forgetting one minor thing... i'm not under your control,
I'm under Laurie's, and seeing as how she is not here I seem to be on my
own.

> I know full well what they are, as does most
> others in this thread.

Right, some sort of straw :ţ

> If you wish to believe that they are
> coffee stirers, then so be it. However, I know better.

And what is your source for this? Did you ask Doug Naylor? Rob Grant?
The person who was in charge of props back then? Chris Barrie? Craig
Charles? I doubt it, you're judging by what you think you see, but
seeing as how humans have yet to even figure out how our brains
translate the 2 dimensional image received by our eyes into a 3D world,
what you think you see carries no more weight than what I think I see.
So you can think it's a pipecleaner if you like, but I, and others,
know better....and no gail, I'm not referring to it being a screwdriver.

Sam Deth, Cat's one of "Them" you know?

Gail Miller

Jan 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/22/97

On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:
> Gail Miller wrote:
> > > Now don't be starting that again!
> > *innocent look*
> > me? starting something? never *awoooga awoooga*
> *totally serious look*
> :=FE

sam... put that tongue where it belongs!

> > > While sober

> > was sober... but last time i watched it, i was atill kinda wierd from t=
he
> > anaesthetic...
> Why were you under anaesthetic?=20

cos i was in hospital this time last week, having horrid things done to my
knee... and it still bloody hurts!
OW! 8^(

> > > You don't sound exactly ecstatic about it.
> > im not.
> > 8^(

> Why not?

COS im a CRIPPLE!!! yes you heard it folks, gail can be out walked by ants
at the moment... yes she can bend her left knee all of 5o yes 5 degrees!
and that sends her into fits of pain....
I HATE MY KNEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

oh, sorry, got a bit carried away there... but it is really frustrating
having a gorgeous pool not 10m away and it being 40 odd degrees C and you
cant go in due to intrusive surgury!
*sigh*

> > > Why? I feel sorry for myself all the time, but I'm sure you can gue=

ss
> > > why. Why you feelin sorry?

> > cant walk... hurt... put big metal thingy in my knee to stop it hurting=
=2E..

> > *sniff*
> What did you do to your knee?

see above rant and rave about the staple put in my knee to stop it
wiggling... this is the 7th op ive had on it.
*sigh*

> > > Sam Deth One sorry IED
> > wanna hug? i can do that ...

> Sure :).

*hug*

> Sam Deth, thinking They are responsible for your hurting.

They are always responsible!

--
E-mail me!=09gj...@ecr.mu.oz.au =09| "No Boom today...Boom tomorrow -

I am proud to say I have NO HOMEPAGE!!! | there's always a Boom tomorrow.

=09=09=09=09=09| ...Boom...BOOM!..."
=09=09=09=09=09| -- Lt. Cmdr Susan Ivanova - B5

Kek

Jan 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/22/97

Sam Deth wrote:

> Friday wrote:
> >
> > Bloody are.
>
> Bloody aren't
>
> > They're the correct tool for the job. Look,
> > I know whereof I speak.

> So you're actually Rimmer? That does explain alot.
>
> > Chicken soup machine nozzles are
> > pipes, y'see.
>
> I always thought pipe cleaners were for smoking pipes so you could
> clean the ash and stuff out of the stem, that's why they have to bend so
> easily, if that's true then a pipecleaner would definitely be the wrong
> tool.

No, you are both wrong. Pipe cleaners aren't used to clean pipes or to
clean pipes. They are used to make models on Blue Peter. *Everyone*
knows that :)

Kek

The Cat

Jan 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/22/97

In article <32E33D...@barnsley.ac.uk>
c.ga...@barnsley.ac.uk "ChrisG" writes:

> The Cat wrote:
> > end of argument.
>
> OOoops!!! SORRY CAT!!

No need to shout.

> That ends that thread then ... if Cat says end of argument, then I guess
> it's end of argument. I'm glad we got that sorted.

Not just me. The majority of people in this thread have said it
is a pipe cleaner.

> So I put in the RDDictionary: 14b, pipe cleaner, coz cat sez.

I couldn't care less about your dictionary. Please, whenever
you send it, post it under a set subject so I can killfile it.
Thank you.

> NOT

AND OR NAND NOR XOR XAND

--
This .sig added by CatWorks .sig Machine version 4.0c.
For your copy email c...@amspa.demon.co.uk and transfer all your

ChrisG

Jan 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/22/97

Sam Deth wrote:

> The Cat wrote:
> > I know full well what they are, as does most
> > others in this thread.
>
> Right, some sort of straw :þ

Pipecleaner: 2, Screwdriver: 1, Straw: 5

--
**** SILICON-HEAVEN http://www.barnsley.ac.uk/~Silicon-Heaven ****

See us in Internet Magazine's Web site reviews "Essential Viewing"
http://www2.emap.com/whatson/FilmandTV.htm#Silicon-Heaven

Sam Deth

Jan 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/22/97

Gail Miller wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:
> > Gail Miller wrote:
> > > me? starting something? never *awoooga awoooga*
> > *totally serious look*
> > :ş

> sam... put that tongue where it belongs!

Um, Gail...I admit I may not want the answer for this but, where would
that be?

> > > was sober... but last time i watched it, i was atill kinda wierd from the

> > > anaesthetic...
> > Why were you under anaesthetic?
>

> cos i was in hospital this time last week, having horrid things done to my
> knee... and it still bloody hurts!

Why were they doing horrid things to your knee?

> OW! 8^(

Poor baby...here, have some pain killer.
/me injects something into Gail's arm.

> > > im not.
> > > 8^(
> > Why not?
>
> COS im a CRIPPLE!!! yes you heard it folks, gail can be out walked by ants
> at the moment... yes she can bend her left knee all of 5o yes 5 degrees!
> and that sends her into fits of pain....

Well it's gonna get better ain't it?

> I HATE MY KNEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Don't say that... what would you do w/out your knee?

> oh, sorry, got a bit carried away there... but it is really frustrating
> having a gorgeous pool not 10m away and it being 40 odd degrees C and you
> cant go in due to intrusive surgury!
> *sigh*

That's what you get for having summer in january instead of having
winter in january like most sensible nations ;)

> > > cant walk... hurt... put big metal thingy in my knee to stop it hurting...

> > > *sniff*
> > What did you do to your knee?
>
> see above rant and rave about the staple put in my knee to stop it
> wiggling... this is the 7th op ive had on it.
> *sigh*

What happens if they don't stop it from wiggling?

> > > wanna hug? i can do that ...
> > Sure :).
> *hug*

*hug back*

> > Sam Deth, thinking They are responsible for your hurting.
>
> They are always responsible!

We must stop "Them" then. How about we start w/ that Milne fellow, I
mean if Friday can go around assasinating ppl and saying Nick put him up
to it, sure we can do the same.

Sam Deth, who is getting more paranoid playing Phantasmagoria 2
--
Tulip: I thought the fresh air would be good for me.
Si: Not in Manhattan. Only fresh air we get in this town is when

Jon Hope

Jan 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/23/97

On Thu, 23 Jan 1997 10:31:41 +0000, ChrisG <c.ga...@barnsley.ac.uk>
scribbled in yellow crayon:

>:Pipecleaner: 9, Screwdriver: 2, Straw: 11
>:Majority says straw, so far. Of course some of those were via E-Mail ...

Time for my 2c worth. I sat down and watched it again today. The vid
is pretty abysmal, so I couldn't tell one way or the other, but I
always thought it looked like a straw. So there.

Jon

--
Old man sitting in the shade of the thorn tree
He says these thorns are all that is true

Lee

Jan 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/23/97

<c.ga...@barnsley.ac.uk> said:

>Pipecleaner: 9, Screwdriver: 2, Straw: 11
>Majority says straw, so far. Of course some of those were via E-Mail ...

22 people voted? That's more than the bloody NGPotY! and for those
strawites... you're bloody blind. :)

--
It's been decided...

Sam Deth

Jan 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/23/97

Kek wrote:

> Sam Deth wrote:
> > I always thought pipe cleaners were for smoking pipes so you could
> > clean the ash and stuff out of the stem, that's why they have to bend so
> > easily, if that's true then a pipecleaner would definitely be the wrong
> > tool.
>
> No, you are both wrong. Pipe cleaners aren't used to clean pipes or to
> clean pipes. They are used to make models on Blue Peter. *Everyone*
> knows that :)

</mode +stupid yank>
Blue what??? Don't you get that from over arousal?

Sam Deth, you're one of "Them" aren't you? Trying to drive me mad!!!!

The Cat

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97

In article <32E487...@neworld.net> sam...@neworld.net "Sam Deth" writes:

> Sam Deth, Cat's one of "Them" you know?

One of what?

--
Ab is fab.

ja...@moosebox.demon.co.uk

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97

In article <32E5E1...@barnsley.ac.uk>, ChrisG
<c.ga...@barnsley.ac.uk> writes

>Sam Deth wrote:
>>
>> The Cat wrote:
>> > I know full well what they are, as does most
>> > others in this thread.
>>
>> Right, some sort of straw :
>
>Pipecleaner: 2, Screwdriver: 1, Straw: 5

Well, it looks like a pipecleaner to *me*
--
James Farrar
See Stockport County in action:

FAC 4th @ Birmingham City Saturday 25/1
CCC QFR @ Southampton Wednesday 29/1
AWS 2/N @ Burnley Tuesday 4/2
League v Brentford Saturday 1/2

Brian McKeand

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97

Brian views back through the Black Box to see that Gail Miller
<gjm...@ecr.mu.oz.au> said :

>COS im a CRIPPLE!!! yes you heard it folks, gail can be out walked by ants
>at the moment... yes she can bend her left knee all of 5o yes 5 degrees!
>and that sends her into fits of pain....
>I HATE MY KNEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
>
>oh, sorry, got a bit carried away there... but it is really frustrating
>having a gorgeous pool not 10m away and it being 40 odd degrees C and you
>cant go in due to intrusive surgury!
>*sigh*

tell you what Gail, i'll swap places with you. I'll stay at your house
and lounge about in you gorgeous pool in your 40 odd degrees C weather
and you can stay here in with no pool to tease you and an extremely low
-2 to 5 degrees C weather that'll make you glad to be indoors.

How does that sound??

Brian

--
Brian McKeand <br...@mckeand.demon.co.uk>

ChrisG

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97

Jon Hope wrote:
> Time for my 2c worth. I sat down and watched it again today. The vid
> is pretty abysmal, so I couldn't tell one way or the other, but I
> always thought it looked like a straw. So there.

Your vote has been recognised by the official 14b vote commitee (me).

;O)

Sam Deth

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

The Cat wrote:

> In article <32E487...@neworld.net> sam...@neworld.net "Sam Deth" writes:
>
> > Sam Deth, Cat's one of "Them" you know?
>
> One of what?

"Them", you know that, don't pretend you don't...you're not fooling
me, you may fool the rest of this group, but not me.
;)
Sam Deth, NG Conspiracy Theorist
--
"Not quite fresh virgin's blood, but it'll do."
Cassidy, making eggs on toast

Kek

Jan 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/28/97

Sam Deth wrote:

> Kek wrote:
> >
> > Sam Deth wrote:
> > > I always thought pipe cleaners were for smoking pipes so you could
> > > clean the ash and stuff out of the stem, that's why they have to bend so
> > > easily, if that's true then a pipecleaner would definitely be the wrong
> > > tool.
> >
> > No, you are both wrong. Pipe cleaners aren't used to clean pipes or to
> > clean pipes. They are used to make models on Blue Peter. *Everyone*
> > knows that :)
>
> </mode +stupid yank>
> Blue what??? Don't you get that from over arousal?
>
> Sam Deth, you're one of "Them" aren't you? Trying to drive me mad!!!!

*grin*

Blue Peter is a long-running children's programme which always wins
loads
of awards 'cos it's considered to be educational (I mean, of *course*
kids
don't want to watch Dogtanian or Ulysees or Telebugs when they come home
from school, they want *more* education :)) Anyway, on Blue Peter, when
watched it, anyway, they always used to make models which required bits
of cardboard, double-sided sticky tape and pipe cleaners. So they would
make half the model, and then, when it got to the difficult bit, throw
that
aside and say, "Here's one I made earlier," and produce the finished
thing.
'Cos it was all really simple and easy to make, even a TV presenter
could
demonstrate how it was done :)

So now you know.

Kek
--
# I have a heart
# Searching deep inside

Gail Miller

Jan 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/29/97

On Sat, 25 Jan 1997, Sam Deth wrote:
> The Cat wrote:
> > > Sam Deth, Cat's one of "Them" you know?
> > One of what?
> "Them", you know that, don't pretend you don't...you're not fooling
> me, you may fool the rest of this group, but not me.

"they" are here in australia too, i know, but they dont know i know, and
personally i prefer it that way, but since cat is one of them, then they
now know that i know, and they will try and keep it a secret that they
know that i know, but since i know cat is one of them, i know that they
know that i know, so thatnkyou sam for making that a lot easier on me!!!

By the way,
IM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
(a lot quicker than anticipated, i was expecting a 2-3 week delay, he he
he!!!!!)

Gail
--
E-mail me! gjm...@ecr.mu.oz.au | "No Boom today...Boom tomorrow -

I am proud to say I have NO HOMEPAGE!!! | there's always a Boom tomorrow.

| ...Boom...BOOM!..."

Jon Poole

Jan 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/30/97

Gail Miller <gjm...@ecr.mu.oz.au> giggled, stared manicly and burbled:

:> The Cat wrote:
:> > > Sam Deth, Cat's one of "Them" you know?
:> > One of what?
:> "Them", you know that, don't pretend you don't...you're not fooling
:> me, you may fool the rest of this group, but not me.

:"they" are here in australia too, i know, but they dont know i know, and
:personally i prefer it that way, but since cat is one of them, then they
:now know that i know, and they will try and keep it a secret that they
:know that i know, but since i know cat is one of them, i know that they
:know that i know, so thatnkyou sam for making that a lot easier on me!!!

Do they know you know you know?
But they might guess that you know they know
They know I know they know I know
but I know that.

:By the way,

:IM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
:(a lot quicker than anticipated, i was expecting a 2-3 week delay, he he
:he!!!!!)

Jeesh, she's barely been away and already demaning a Renaisance (huh)

Jon

--
Full Refund