Hey, Joxer...

kit...@aol.com

May 8, 2001, 2:11:12 PM5/8/01
<<B: Lots of us (myself included, unfortunately) will feel like we can
email you all sorts of silly questions and forward weird mail to you
and you'll be flooded with like a zillion e-friends...>>

Now, I'm sure that won't happen. Joxer the Mighty can feel secure in the
knowledge that his time won't be wasted and his privacy invaded. Not gonna
happen.

Oh by the way Joxer, I had a question... Maybe you can settle this once and
for all, it's been debated forever. Just _where_ did the name Enzo come
from? Is there a story there? All we've heard are theories...

Oh, and by the way forget what I said about wasting your time. Sorry!

NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email ab...@newsone.net

Kim McFarland

May 8, 2001, 3:47:38 PM5/8/01
>Oh by the way Joxer, I had a question... Maybe you can settle this once and
>for all, it's been debated forever. Just _where_ did the name Enzo come
>from? Is there a story there? All we've heard are theories...

I ain't the one you're asking, but I've seen "Enzo" used as a name elsewhere.
Maybe they just liked the sound of it, same as with "Bob"?

Or maybe not.

--- NEGADUCK

"Ahh, A beautiful dove. The symbol of peace. How sweet. Perhaps I should
feed it... To a CAT!"

The Negapage: http://members.aol.com/negaduck9/negapage.htm

Jamina1

May 8, 2001, 5:06:01 PM5/8/01
Believe it or not, I went into Home Depot one day and the guy at the door
had on an orange smock that said "Hi, My name is Enzo" on it. Odd..

--
"You really are a complete Smeg-head aren't you Rimmer?"--Holly
---
"Kim McFarland" <nega...@aol.com> wrote in message

Ian M. Stevens

May 8, 2001, 5:05:35 PM5/8/01
I'm just guessing, but perhaps he was named after the brilliant car manufacturer
Enzo Ferrari. On the other hand, I don't have a clue. Like I said, just a
guess.

enjoy

-ian

Kim McFarland wrote:

--
Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos.

This very roughly translates as:
I came, I saw, I castrated the bastards!

Joxer the Mighty

May 9, 2001, 4:26:37 PM5/9/01
kit...@aol.com wrote:

> Well, sure it's a name - it's Italian. But it doesn't fit in and of itself -
> that's why I'm wondering if there's a story behind it. Most of the other
> ReBoot names are computer related (Dot Matrix), puns (Emma Fee), or tips of
> the cap to MFers (Gavin Capacitor, Old Man Pearson). Is there something more
> here or did Joxer, Ian and Phil just like the way it sounded?

Alrighty then. Risk of losing my "mythical 'Reboot god' status" not withstanding,
here - because you demanded it - is the full and true story behind Enzo's name:

Waaaaaaaaay back when the show was still in development, and we were all still in
London, In-ger-land, Phil, Ian and I were having a creative meeting with Chris
Brough, our (at that time) shiny new Reboot Producer. He was telling us that it
would be important for the sale of the show to a US Network to have a 'kid' in it
for our young audience to relate to.

Now, it has to be said we weren't too happy about that idea. After all, we didn't
want no stoopid kid character 'ruining' our kick-butt, high-tech action show just
to appease the networks!

But Chris was adamant; "You have to have a kid... a little 'Enzo' running around
in there..." he said.

Well, we griped and moaned, but eventually we gave in, and Dot gained a little
brother. The name Enzo stuck because it was funny, and unusual - and besides, we'd
think of something better later...

The rest, as they say, is history. From the moment he was added to the show Enzo
grew and grew on us. Now he's one of our favourite characters, and one of the most
fun to write for, both comedy and drama. He's the heart of the show - and the
fact that we love the little spud so much is another reason for his return at the
end of Season III!

So there you go - it's not a reference to anything, it's not a computer term, it's
simply the first kid's name that popped into Chris's head when he was telling us
the show needed a kid to make a sale. (Quite possibly because it was the nickname
he used to call his own son when he was young, but don't quote me on that teeny
bit of the story.)

From the moment we heard the name it it stuck, and now we couldn't imagine Enzo
being called anything else. And despite our initial reaction (which I hope doesn't
upset anyone!) we couldn't imagine the show without him!

Gavin

Ares: "You'll always be a goody two-shoes."
Gabrielle: "Yeah, but with a really big sword..."

Gavin Blair Unabashed Xenaholic & gavi...@reboot.com
God of Chicks That Kick Ass
MAINFRAME ENTERTAINMENT, INC
2025 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC, V6J 1Z6
Phone: 714-2600 Fax: 714-2641

Lightwave

May 9, 2001, 5:06:45 PM5/9/01

Joxer the Mighty wrote in message <>

>Alrighty then. Risk of losing my "mythical 'Reboot god' status" not
withstanding,
>here - because you demanded it - is the full and true story behind Enzo's
name:

Alphanumeric!
that is Pixelacious to finaly know!

( /\/\ ) Lightwave

dee...@aol.com

May 9, 2001, 6:27:48 PM5/9/01
In article <FjiK6.183926$fs3.31...@typhoon.tampabay.rr.com>, Lightwave

Alphanumeric! I have to say, for those of us out here that are Enzo fans this
is a bit of a vindication. Hey - they like him too! How pixelacious is
that? Of course he's the heart of the show - it was obvious all along for
anyone who cared to see it...

Glyphmon

May 14, 2001, 9:48:38 AM5/14/01
Could someone kindly forward the story behind Enzo's name to this address?
glyp...@nemaine.com
My news server seems to have misplaced it... :(

Roy Gott - Glyphmon (glif . mahn)
Class of 2K / 2004
.. Glyphmon - Diagnosis: terminally stoopid ..

http://gottrd8.umeres.maine.edu (Charybdis goes offline: 05.17.01)

Michael Hammer

May 15, 2001, 2:21:46 AM5/15/01
Could Someone Send me the story to my email address is below.

Hamm...@Home.com