Atom Bombing bin Laden

Ed Lake

Oct 15, 2001, 1:16:50 PM10/15/01
I just got home from a trip, and I'm catching up on PI shows I taped
while gone.

On one of them, Bill was ranting like he seemed to want to atom bomb
someone - anyone - particularly if there were more anthrax cases.

It seemed to me to be the stupidest thing he's ever said on his show.

He wants to drop an atom bomb on some caves in mountain country? What
does he expect to achieve? First of all, the blast would be contained
by the mountains and would do little damage. Second, the fallout would
drift across Pakistan and India.

Can anyone really be so stupid as to want to drop atom bombs because
they feel a need for revenge? I guess Bill can.

Ed

David Langlois

Oct 15, 2001, 1:46:16 PM10/15/01
Ever since Bill was publicly attacked last month he has undergone a cowardly
180-degree turn into what we see today. I say this more about his attitude than
his particular content. How disappointing!

David

----

Poseur patriots piss me off.

I'll see your jihad and raise you a nuke-out. Bid.

I only pretended to like Freebird & Stairway! Bwa-ha-ha!!!

Are you a cop? Freddie Mercury called; he wants his mustache back.

The Fake Detective

Oct 15, 2001, 5:50:15 PM10/15/01
David Langlois wrote:

> Ever since Bill was publicly attacked last month he has undergone a cowardly
> 180-degree turn into what we see today. I say this more about his attitude than
> his particular content. How disappointing!
>
> David

David,

I think he was frightened by that public thrashing he got, and that's
what made him so bitter. Some of the things he's saying are just plain
stupid. There's no other word for it.

And he keeps ranting about how anti-American "nearly all" of the Islamic
world is - because he sees the demonstrations on CNN. He doesn't seem
to realize that those demonstrators are well organized by bin Laden
agents and represent only a tiny fraction of the population in any given
place.

All these anthrax "cases" seem to be hitting people on the "left". When
the source is eventually tracked down, I won't be surprised if it turns
out some far-right kook is behind it. There are a lot of
survivalist-types who have wet dreams about the world falling apart
while they survive in their bunkers in Montana. They'll do all they can
to generate additional fears and hatreds at times like this.

Ed

pcmazzy

Oct 15, 2001, 7:21:56 PM10/15/01

No one likes us-I don't know why
We may not be perfect, but heaven knows we try
But all around, even our old friends put us down
Let's drop the big one and see what happens

We give them money-but are they grateful?
No, they're spiteful and they're hateful
They don't respect us-so let's surprise them
We'll drop the big one and pulverize them

Asia's crowded and Europe's too old
Africa is far too hot
And Canada's too cold
And South America stole our name
Let's drop the big one
There'll be no one left to blame us

We'll save Australia
Don't wanna hurt no kangaroo
We'll build an All American amusement park there
They got surfin', too

Boom goes London and boom Paree
More room for you and more room for me
And every city the whole world round
Will just be another American town
Oh, how peaceful it will be
We'll set everybody free
You'll wear a Japanese kimono
And there'll be Italian shoes for me

They all hate us anyhow
So let's drop the big one now
Let's drop the big one now

- Randy Newman, "Political Science", 1972

"Ed Lake" <det...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

ralph

Oct 16, 2001, 4:01:30 AM10/16/01
There's colors on the street
Red, white and blue
People shufflin' their feet
People sleepin' in their shoes
But there's a warnin' sign on the road ahead
There's a lot of people sayin' we'd be better off dead
Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them
So I try to forget it, any way I can.

Keep on rockin' in the free world,

--
A shark on whiskey-mighty risky.
But a shark on beer is a beer engineer.

pcmazzy

Oct 16, 2001, 11:30:55 AM10/16/01
Good quote from Neil Young. I rarely think of Neil Young as being a big
social critic like Bob Dylan or Randy Newman.
He has written some pretty brutal songs like "Southern Man" , "Cortez the
Killer", "The Needle and the Damage Done", and some really scathing stuff
from "Mirrorball". The most haunting song I think he ever wrote is "Don't
Let It Bring You Down". Annie Lenox did a chilling version of this song. I
think this song speaks to everybody who's had to deal with death and
suffering (which is just about everybody):

Old man lying by the side of the road
With the lorries rolling by,
Blue moon sinking from the weight of the load
And the building scrape the sky,
Cold wind ripping down the alley at dawn
And the morning paper flies,
Dead man lying by the side of the road
With the daylight in his eyes.

Don't let it bring you down
It's only castles burning,
Find someone who's turning
And you will come around.

Blind man running through the light of the night
With an answer in his hand,
Come on down to the river of sight
And you can really understand,
Red lights flashing through the window in the rain,
Can you hear the sirens moan?
White cane lying in a gutter in the lane,
If you're walking home alone.

Don't let it bring you down
It's only castles burning,
Just find someone who's turning
And you will come around.

Don't let it bring you down
It's only castles burning,
Just find someone who's turning
And you will come around.

- Neil Young, "Don't Let it Bring You Down", from "After The Gold Rush",
1970

"ralph" <124...@gernsback.net> wrote in message

David Langlois

Oct 16, 2001, 1:16:16 PM10/16/01
"Old Man" - Neil Young:
"Old man, look at my life - I'm a lot like you were...."

What do I know - even "Heart of Gold" works as social commentary for me....

ralph

Oct 17, 2001, 4:35:14 AM10/17/01

I want to live with a cinnamon girl.

David Langlois

Oct 17, 2001, 1:51:50 AM10/17/01
Amen brother!

pcmazzy

Oct 17, 2001, 12:26:58 PM10/17/01
I want to live with a "Cinnamon Girl" with a "Heart of Gold " who's a real
"Country Girl". You know what people say, "A Man Needs a Maid".

"ralph" <124...@gernsback.net> wrote in message

ralph

Oct 18, 2001, 5:06:42 AM10/18/01
ralph wrote:

> David Langlois wrote:
> >
> > "Old Man" - Neil Young:
> > "Old man, look at my life - I'm a lot like you were...."
> >
> > What do I know - even "Heart of Gold" works as social commentary for me....
>
> I want to live with a cinnamon girl.

You note the way he can generate a whole solo out of one note. The man
has serious musical talent.